PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday!

Monique
February 23rd, 2018, 08:47 AM

Good morning my friends. Yes indeed it is Friday. Today my baby turns 31. Where has the time gone? I AM NOT getting older okay? :lol:

I FINALLY finished the quilting on the memory quilt. YIPPEE!! I have the binding on and ready to sew. That is my mission for today. I work so I shall have lots of time to finish that up. Can you tell I am happy? I will be sew glad to get that out of the way. I was asked how much more money is owed to me for this and my reply was "As long as you are happy with it, is all I ask". I am not doing this for the money that is for sure.

I also had a visitor yesterday. She came and picked up the quilt for her husband who is battling cancer. I hear he loved it. They chose a fabric with fish on it and he is a fisherman.

The case I bought at the church the other day fits my 301 perfectly. I bought new feet for it as they were missing. Awesome deal if I say so.

Well I need to get off of here and get ready for work. We are expecting freezing rain later today. I hope not. My ride home might be tricky. Hopefully it will turn to just rain later in the day.

Have a wonderful day my friends.

Star lover
February 23rd, 2018, 08:56 AM
Good morning Monique and all who'll follow.....

Yup, not getting any younger......no way to stop it. Happy you're about done with the memory quilt....then it's onto other projects!
Be careful out there.....ice is NO fun! Hope you stay warm and have a great day!

Not much here. About done hand quilting (putting on the binding) so I figure I best get another ready for the hoop. Which one of the many UFO's to do? Finally decided. Got the backing done and then started thinking......way to much thinking on the quilting design.....so that's on the agenda for today. I want to get that out of the way, so I can start sewing on the latest quilt!

Suppose to rain some, high winds and some sun ...... one never knows.....

Hope everyone has a great day. Love and hugs to all!

Bubby
February 23rd, 2018, 09:18 AM
Good Morning Monique & Everyone,

I began my morning by watching Jenny's new tutorial and I love it. I will begin making this quilt as soon as I order some white fabric. I think I need something new to feel enthused about.

This has been such a sad week for us. The 16 yo daughter of one of our tenants passed away Tuesday. It appears to have been suicide but an investigation is going on right now. Her obituary is posted on FB and her service will be Sunday. She was a beautiful young woman,,,,smart, talented and loving. We can't enter our apartment yet, but I don't know if I would want to even if I could. Eventually we will have to. Thank you for your ongoing prayers.

The worst ice storm of the winter barely skirted around us. We are getting heavy rain for a few days now.

We will have a busy day at the apartments tomorrow. We have a new tenant moving in and others coming to look at our vacancy. I need to be on top of my game which is hard for me right now.

Wishing everyone a great day. Tell your teenagers how much you love them and follow that up with a big hug.

KPH
February 23rd, 2018, 09:33 AM
Good Morning All,

I started having anniversaries of by birthday, that worked for a while, until the anniversary of my birthday ended up larger than the real birthday. Got to come up with a new plan. Maybe I'll go for the Montessori trip around the sun for adults ( 1 one walk around the sun candle for every ten years.... then I won't have to have another birthday for 10 years... that works, right?)

Didn't get anything done yesterday... well, not in the sewing room. Home school, wrote checks for the bills that are in, Monster truck, Lowe's for a storm door, then dinner out with the kids. I need to get Papa's toy room cleaned up before the kids come back. The desk is stacked up so that the roll top won't close. I'll be so glad when I can actually get everything that's done, in the file cabinet.

I'm hoping Mike will have time to take me somewhere to find a small border for it. It just needs something. It only took two blocks to cover the table with the leaves down. DS#1 is going to refinish the table to go with the woods in that area of the living room. It's not like anything in this house matches... it's all bought from different places, different sets, different eras and it all came from different rooms in different houses.

Time to get started, the Vibe has a recall appointment this morning. DS#1 and 2 will be installing the storm door, and who knows what else we'll get into.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Prayers for those in need for comfort, peace, understanding and healing. Prayers of thanksgivings for all of our many blessings.

JCY
February 23rd, 2018, 10:06 AM
Good Morning ~ I had a productive day yest. in the sewing room! I was in the mood. I worked on some Buckeye Beauty blocks for the block-of-the-month for guild. I also finished the last of the FMQ on the wildlife quilt & got the edges trimmed. It's now ready for binding. When I was checking over the quilt to make sure there were no areas that needed attention, I discovered a quilting pin inside the quilt! How did that happen?! I've never done this before. I was able to work out the straight pin portion enough to clip it off, but the yellow plastic ball on the end is stuck inside. Not just 1, but 2 pins! I have no clue how that happened. Well, they have to stay in there; there's no way to retrieve them. I guess there's a first for everything.

We made it up to 40 deg. yest. It's supposed to be 32 today with a chance of more snow this afternoon. I need to run to Walmart to pick up 4 Rx's. Today is our Lady Bugs lunch at The Egg & I. I'll pick up my friend who lives at the assisted living place.

No more time now.

Simply Quilting
February 23rd, 2018, 11:31 AM
Good Morning! Ice continues to be an issue here. Last night more freezing rain came so roads are slick and schools have closed again - Monday was a holiday so no school, then due to weather closed on Tuesday, Thursday and today. I am thankful that they are not messing around with this ice. Our boys and the dog enjoyed "ice skating" on our driveway yesterday. Never seen a dog who enjoyed getting out on ice like she does.

I had planned on heading to Hamilton today but the roads are too bad to even think about making the trip. So I think I will figure out something to sew today.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone :)

Navy Wife
February 23rd, 2018, 11:36 AM
Monique, you are very young! My youngest grandchild is 32. Age is a state of mind I have decided. I am as young as I feel and act. By the way, I am 39 for the 41st time!

So sorry about your bad news, Bubby. We don't realize how hard it is to be a teenager these days. Things were so much simpler when I was growing up. Prayers for the family, and for you.

No news from east TN. We had a third day of record highs, 81. Today will be another, and maybe tomorrow before the heat wave breaks, and we return to the 40's and 50's. The last time this happened was just before the blizzard of '93, so hold on to your hats!

grammaterry
February 23rd, 2018, 11:44 AM
Took two asperine last night before bed and it worked wonders. Slept well and I'm rearin to go this moring. The sun is shining and the birds are singing and I think we have one more of these beautiful spring days before we go back to more winter weather. Maybe I'll get the rest of the mulch moved. Maybe not.
Bubby, I'm so sorry this happened in your building. Children seem to be having a real challenge growing up now a days. I just wonder if social media takes something away from their being able to cope with life.
Monique, you are a jewel to make that memory quilt and the cancer quilt. Talk about energy bunny.
Joy, I can't believe this is the first time you have left a pin with all the quilting you do. My girls find pins in my finished quilts all the time. Granted they are usually on the outside. The little yellow ball will be an interesting addition to its new owner. THey can play guess what that is? But you are so sweet to pick up your friend. I'm sure it will be the highlight of her week to go out.
Katrina, I marvel at the magnificent finds you have found to furnish your new home. I think that makes a house a home to have things that come from different times. One of my DD has a house that is decorated like its from a magazine. You have to take off your shoes when you visit. It is truly lovely, but....and another DD has a home they bought that was built in the 60's and she has done a spectacular job of keeping the vintage vibe going with new furniture and rugs. Its a lived in home. Mine seems to have the same furniture I purchased in the 70's that has been reupholstered over and over thru the years to update. I find as I get older it becomes less and less important.
Well, onward and upward, as they say...I'm off

Granny Judy
February 23rd, 2018, 02:40 PM
Break time here... my computer keyboard is acting up.. the "r" doesn't want to work every time. Guess it is time to clean the monster board.

Cool here in Central Illinois.. but the birds seem to think it is Spring and most of my bulbs are poking their heads up out of the ground. At least the ice has melted and it's safe to take a walk down the drive way to grab the mail.

I have to finish a baby quilt.. binding time and get it in the mail. And I sorted thru all the "orphans" that arrived this past week. I introduce them to each other by colors and hues. I set up my oldest machine for some piece work.. so now all 3 of my machines are in business. All I need is to clone myself so that all 3 can be used at the same time... lol.

Got the crock pot going for some beef stew. Maybe make a batch of biscuits later on. Fresh Fruit for desert.. and I have the rest of the day for sewing. This is my favorite kind of DAY---SEWING!!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
February 23rd, 2018, 04:34 PM
Good morning ladies,
Monique, watch out for the ice on your way home. I went out at noon and it was starting here. DH came home early from work. My GS did not have buses but dad brought him and his sister to daycare, so my daughter could rest with the baby at home. She is still fighting a cold. I hope it's not the flu, as it is getting widespread in our area. I be.ieve that Beautiful acts of kindness are rewarded in our next life. I love to pay it forward.
Barb, it's so sad. Teenagers have it harder than when we were that age. It is really important that they know we love them and tell them how they have enriched our lives.
So we are just be
Ow zero, and getting freezing rain today. Saturday for the next week is expected to be just above zero, so snow will melt, and risk of flooding in some areas again. People whose homes were flooded and devastated last year, for the most part, we're not all allowed to rebuild in those areas. I guess insurance, the cities and provinces will not continue to bail them out year after year.
I am really excited about the new grandchild but will get more news when Michael's son calls tonight. And I had started clearing out the spare room of the baby items, and sold the playpen and other items for a baby as we thought this was it. I still have 4 booster/tray chairs. I guess I will hold on to a few for now.
I made huge batches of ginger molasses cookies and brownies this morning. It seems any pregnancy in our family requires lots of these cookies.
I may get to the sewing room later today, but definitely all weekend.

MissMay
February 23rd, 2018, 06:41 PM
150543I was about to post this morning around 10 or eleven but had some company and other stuff keep me away from the computer. Where has the day gone as it is after 4? Going to try to catch up with everyone's doings and hope your day ends on a good note.

JCY
February 23rd, 2018, 08:12 PM
Back again ~ I got my errands run prior to our Lady Bugs lunch. There is a prediction for snow this afternoon. It was sunny & nice this a.m. Murky & cloudy now. Our high temp. was 37.

I just finished watching today Nine Patch Madness tutorial. I don't care for this one so much. I think I would skip that snowballing & just make HSTs. I have too many others on my bucket list that will take priority.

Barb ~ So sorry about the tragedy in your apartments & sadness for the family. A few yrs. ago a HS senior who lived around the corner from us, maybe 3 houses away, shot himself in their garage. Something had happened at school. I think he was concerned whether he would graduate. It was 3 wks. to grad. Social media & the terrible things people post, the bullying, etc. are affecting so many of our young people. This boy had posted what he was going to do on his fb page. Many of his friends actually got to his house before the police did, but of course, it was too late. The street was blocked off, there were tons of kids standing around. One of my friends' 14 y.o. GGD who is on the cheer leading team, had a friend who hung herself just a few days ago. She is just devastated. These are troubled times our kids are growing up in. I'm thankful I'm not growing up in these times.

Well, if I get off here, I'll have 45 min. to sew before the news comes on.

LauraP
February 23rd, 2018, 09:08 PM
Well, it is day 6 of sitting in the Love's gas station semi truck parking lot. Husband got half the engine area pulled out so tomorrow he can start with the water pump and work forwards to the radiator. That was the original problem but all this other stuff has to get changed too. Hopefully in another couple of days we should be up and running again. Can you believe this town doesn't have a Laundromat? You have to go 30 miles to the next town. By the time we get out of here we are either going to be naked (and it's not even close to being warm enough for that) or our clothes are going to be standing up by themselves. I did hand wash the undies so we are okay there.