PDA

View Full Version : It's Thursday today

Monique
February 22nd, 2018, 09:37 AM

Good morning friends. I am late this morning, my computer is not well. Checking things out.

I had a great day yesterday. I did a little shopping and then had lunch with my brother. He will be busy in the next few days. LOL!!

Other than that, not much happened. I was too tired to quilt yesterday so that is my plan today. I do have to work tomorrow and I received a note from my boss saying that 'we' had received something from Africa. Joseph (a replacement we had last year and so nice) and his family delivered it. She won't tell me what it is, so I shall find out tomorrow. AND happy to report that there is now heat and water!! FINALLY!! So if I can finish the quilting on the quilt then I can take it with me tomorrow and bury all those threads.

Have a great day friends.

KPH
February 22nd, 2018, 09:47 AM
Good Morning All,

One more piece of the puzzle is off of my shoulders. I have the bill of sale for the camper, cancelled the insurance and filled out the forms to have the extra warranties cancelled. Tags are mailed back to NC so the camper is done. When I think about how much I put down for the 2 1/2 weeks we actually used it... could have stayed in a motel for all of this extra headache it caused me. Water under the bridge.

Now, the next piece, pay off the solar panels. I'll call them after home school time and get the payoff on it. I'm so thankful Howard kept his insurance after the 'term' was up. I would have really been stuck if he hadn't.

Best get busy. It's almost time to go get the boy for home school... and I have no real plans made. Bad grandma.

Star lover
February 22nd, 2018, 09:51 AM
Morning Monique, Katrina and everyone!

Yup, don't think any of us can die......way too much to do!

Happy for you Monique that your brother is going to help you ......quilt! Yeah! Even happier you have heat and water at the post office! Happy sewing!

Katrina - no such thing, being a bad grandma! You have lots on your plate and are handling better than most of us here. So.....no dissing yourself! That's the rule...no law! Hugs!

Not much here. ......do you hear that? No! Cause it stopped raining! Yippee! Surprisingly the flood waters in our backyard are already receding. Wonders never cease! There still a joint pond with all the neighbors, but it's getting smaller.

Figured out my quilting direction......ya never know.......and made a test block....I LOVE it. Just hope that translates to the entire quilt....again, ya never know.

Well, the house is calling (more like yelling) to be cleaned. Think I'll answer and make an arrempt at some cleaning.

Prayers for so many. Thinking especially of Nancy (and her DH) and Barb.......love and hugs to all.

JCY
February 22nd, 2018, 10:01 AM
Good Morning ~ Thoughts & prayers for Barb & Jeff. Katrina, you're making such good progress getting through all the tasks that need to be accomplished.

Yest. was Bible study, my usual quick lunch at Wendy's, then off to Walmart for several needed items. My last errand was the bakery for bread for me. I was home by 1 p.m. I got very little sewing done, but I did sort through a shoe box plastic container of JR strips that had got jumbled up. Some needed to be pressed; now they're stacked neatly. There were parts of 3 dif. JRs, plus most of a JR of white.

We made it briefly to 34 deg. yest.; it was sunny with some good thawing on the snow packed streets. It's 12 deg. this a.m., so it's not as cold as the last 2 mornings. I'm fasting for a blood draw to check my A1C & other labs. I have a dr. appt. next week for a 6 mo. check.

I heard on the news yest. about Billy Graham's death. He was 99 y.o. I read more info. on the web this a.m. He lived a long productive life for the Lord. He once said that one of the biggest surprises of his life was that he lived so long.

Bubby
February 22nd, 2018, 10:48 AM
Good Morning ~ Thoughts & prayers for Barb & Jeff. Katrina, you're making such good progress getting through all the tasks that need to be accomplished.

Yest. was Bible study, my usual quick lunch at Wendy's, then off to Walmart for several needed items. My last errand was the bakery for bread for me. I was home by 1 p.m. I got very little sewing done, but I did sort through a shoe box plastic container of JR strips that had got jumbled up. Some needed to be pressed; now they're stacked neatly. There were parts of 3 dif. JRs, plus most of a JR of white.

We made it briefly to 34 deg. yest.; it was sunny with some good thawing on the snow packed streets. It's 12 deg. this a.m., so it's not as cold as the last 2 mornings. I'm fasting for a blood draw to check my A1C & other labs. I have a dr. appt. next week for a 6 mo. check.

I heard on the news yest. about Billy Graham's death. He was 99 y.o. I read more info. on the web this a.m. He lived a long productive life for the Lord. He once said that one of the biggest surprises of his life was that he lived so long.

I have a great deal of respect and admiration for Rev Graham and his organization. I worked for two of his crusades when I lived in Las Vegas. Talk about a team that's awesome....that was his. I sang in the choir and also worked as a counselor for the people that came forward for prayer at the end of the service. It's truly one of my great blessings.

Well done, Rev Graham.

grammaterry
February 22nd, 2018, 11:07 AM
The Rev. Graham lived just 75 miles from me and DH remembers as a child going there to meet him. His parents were good friends of the Graham's. THe news here in the mountains is Billy Graham 24/7. I think its a lovely tribute but I'm not sure we need to invade every corner of a man's life in death.
Yesterday was such a glorious spring day and we are in for the rest of the week the same. DH is getting quite a pile of wood stacked up. I think he is having a ball doing it. I work in the yard for a few hours but when my back starts screaming at me , I head for the sewing room. I'm sure you've all seen my post of ruining the quilt yesterday and my attempt at a save. I'll go see if I can finish it today.
I guess one of the best things about this spring weather in February is we don't take it for granted. We know how very temporary it is and so we savor every day of it and don't put off enjoying it like we do when we expect it. What I am putting off is housework, running errands, elaborate dinners, telephone calls...
Hope all of you have sunshine in your lives in some form or other today and always.

MissMay
February 22nd, 2018, 12:25 PM

I second Snoopy's wishes for you to have a Happy Thursday. Even if you have loads of problems please find just 1 little thing that makes you happy today. I'm happy that my first cup of coffee was just right. How about you, what little thing is lifting your spirits today?

Simply Quilting
February 22nd, 2018, 03:17 PM
Word of the day around here is ICE. This is the second round this week - most of the first round had melted off yesterday. The driveway is a skating rink. Over on the interstate not far from Hamilton is a 6 semi-truck pile up - no word yet on injuries but there are not any other types of vehicles involved.

Perfect day to stay in and sew. Yesterday I did the top for a couple who is getting married. I am hoping to get back in the sewing room again today as I am not going anywhere.

Have a safe day everyone :)

KPH
February 22nd, 2018, 03:38 PM
Well, I was sitting getting ready to write the first of the checks when it hit me... 1 month. What a day that was, how much has been accomplished since then. Sigh,

Well home school went well, even though Grandma was not prepared. J had to go back early because his grandfather was going to be at Nana and Nandy's for lunch today. He was here about two hours. We had a monopoly game that we were going to donate. He saw it last night and he asked if he could take it home. I told him he would have to make sure all the pieces were there first. So he sorted money, then the community chest and the chance cards. He matched up all the property cards. So the whole set was there. That was a whole lotta work for a 5 year old. Especially matching those Pokémon characters with their cards and sounding out those weird names.

My financial lady sent flowers for Valentines, so we did parts of the flower today. Talked about all the parts, what their job was. There'll be more flowers blooming outside soon, so we'll be revisiting the parts of plants soon.

Mike's going to pick J up and take him to see the monster truck at Toys R Us this afternoon. I don't know whose more excited, Uncle Mike or Jonathan! I know they'll have fun. I may tag along and let them drop me off at Hobby Lobby and pick me up when they're done!

KarenC
February 22nd, 2018, 05:33 PM
Late getting on here today. Looks like the rain is holding off today. Ran a bunch of errands this morning on my way to DDs to babysit. She went to work at 1, fed the baby, she went to sleep at 2. Did dishes, and folded what remained of clean laundry. Now waiting for SIL to get home at 3. Then it's back home to sew on a charity quilt. It's been a productive day.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
February 22nd, 2018, 05:56 PM
Whoa what a busy day yesterday. Went to our financial planner to review our plan. I'm good to go with lots of fabrics or whatever I want.
We went to Red Lobster for lunch but was disappointed. Food, server didn't stop complaining about this and that. Not impressed. Don't know if DH left a good tip or not. Then home for a nap as I woke up at 4am. Woke up at 5, but neither of us were hungry. Just snacked.

MaryUK
February 22nd, 2018, 08:53 PM
I went to my craft group this morning, I do enjoy meeting ladies with the same interests. The craft group is in my LQS and the owner of the shop is the area rep for the Linus Project - I found 2 panels for baby quilts which she let me have for Linus quilts, I'll just supply the batting, backing and binding so I'm happy with that. She also gave me some fabric to makes things for the Linus fundraiser in September and also for The Leprosy Mission fundraiser in November!!!

Had a lazy afternoon -had to sit with my feet up (this cold doesn't help my hips), then into my sewing room to put away the fabric and look for backings for the panels. Supermarket shopping this evening with DD and the rest of the evening watching TV, my pusscat decided she HAD to cuddle with me on the chair but I wasn't allowed to stroke her - she kept swishing her tail at me!! Funny aren't they?

Will be really busy over the weekend as I have to completely clear the kitchen as we are having a re-fit starting Monday!!