PDA

View Full Version : Oh it's Wednesday

Monique
February 21st, 2018, 07:36 AM

Good morning. It is to be another very wet day today. Then it will return to seasonal temperatures. But I will take these warmer days any day.

I went in search of a casserole dish at the church yesterday to replace the one I had broken the night before. No luck!! BUT I come away with a zippered suitcase for a sewing machine, $3. There is a pocket on the inside flap.

I quilting one more block on the quilt. I will try and quilt more when I get home later. Having lunch with my brother today and bringing the foot pedal with me, and I think I will take the featherweight with me as well. Maybe he can make me an extension table for it.

So that is my plan for today. Les is doing a trivia night tonight next door at the bar/restaurant. I have the evening to myself.

Have a great day everyone.

Star lover
February 21st, 2018, 07:56 AM
Morning Monique and everyone....

10 minutes.......don't know if I want to wait that long.....
Whew, it hasn't stopped raining since Sunday night. Love the sound, but......just might have to start making plans to build an ark!

The worse thing is, the pot holes. Can't see them with them filled with rain and there are some you could lose a VW in!

Temps are to drop throughout today and we're to end up with ice.....yeah, more fun!

Hope your brother comes up with a winner solution for your foot pedal and maybe an extension table! Sounds like a very resourceful brother!

Finished the donation quilt, now the 2 are done and I'm already pulling fabric....and hair....working on something else! I have a Love/Hate relationship with deciding on the next ......it's gotta be wonderful .......quilt!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day. Love and hugs to all!

shermur
February 21st, 2018, 08:35 AM
Morning....This is an odd week....

I have been very unhappy with the job offer I accepted last August 2017 within the past 2 months. Monday evening after a very frustrating day, the owner and my boss calls me into the conference room at 4:50 PM. I am thinking to myself, "This can't be good..."

So for 40 minutes, the company owner yells at me, falsely accuses me of lying. My boss didn't say a whole lot and the owner chewed on her as well. Most of the time, I sat there and cried. Answering when spoken to and stayed as calm as I could. In the end, I was SUSPENDED without Pay until next Tuesday.

It's not the suspension that bothers me; because I am sure I have incurred an attitude I didn't have 7 months ago. And many things have come to light with the company; had I known what I have learned in the past 6 months? I would have never accpted the position in the first place.

So, I have 7 days to figure out if I want to keep my job or not; technically, the home office is so short staffed, I am still surprised of the suspension. So, that means no one will touch the duties on the desk for a week and it will be a nastier mess than what I left on Monday. Does the owner honestly think I will be so devoted I will clean it up after her decision? I AM NOT THAT STUPID!!!!!

So for the next few days, I will be collaborating my resignation letter and job hunting!!!!!

Star lover
February 21st, 2018, 08:38 AM
Oh Sherri, I wish you the best....no fun job hunting. It could be a great time to find something better....hugs!

shermur
February 21st, 2018, 08:46 AM
Oh Sherri, I wish you the best....no fun job hunting. It could be a great time to find something better....hugs!

You are so right, Anita....I had such high hopes on this fresh start. Lately it seems like karma and dejavu is happening....
On a good note, I becoming more involved with the local quilt guild I have joined last fall. We're getting ready to host a Quilt Festival the first weekend in April. I have got 3 quilts to finish!!!!!

Ginny B
February 21st, 2018, 09:05 AM
Good morning everyone. It's a foggy morning here again today. And it is going to be very warm today. High 60's. It is still February isn't it? What should I wear? I have a feeling the a/c will go on at work and we'll be colder inside that out. LOL

Monique, have a good visit with your brother. Anita, have fun picking your next project.

Sherri, so sorry to hear about the rough time you are going through. I hope you find a better fitting job in the near future.

Time to get the day moving along. Have a good day and stay dry everyone.

Monique
February 21st, 2018, 09:14 AM
You are so right, Anita....I had such high hopes on this fresh start. Lately it seems like karma and dejavu is happening....
On a good note, I becoming more involved with the local quilt guild I have joined last fall. We're getting ready to host a Quilt Festival the first weekend in April. I have got 3 quilts to finish!!!!!

Oh Sherri, that is terrible. I agree, it may be time to find something else. Leave the mess for them to deal with. At least you have your quilt guild to keep you busy. I hope you are able to find another job.

KPH
February 21st, 2018, 09:22 AM
Good Morning All,

Sherri, my heart breaks for you. I don't know if I could have taken that kind of abuse without (in my children's words) releasing the 'Phillips' in me. Since you've been finding so many negative things about the company, maybe it's the stimulus you need to find something better. My prayers are with you that the perfect fit will be just around the corner. I'm so happy you have something creative to look forward to with your guild.

Yesterday was just frustrating here, but by the time the mail came the tide had changed. So, thank you mail lady for coming a titch early, it certainly did ease my mind. The last piece came in for the taxes (I think, I got an email that said not to go before March 15, as there would be three waves of tax documents). I shouldn't have anything in that last batch, but I'm still going to wait to make sure. I'd like to get it done! This year, I'll make a list of documents that I have to wait on, so I'll have a better idea. I tried for years to get DH to let me put a list inside the front of the 'tax stuff' folder. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I found the tag tax receipts in with the camper purchase papers yesterday.

I finished sewing the three crown blocks I made last night. I love it on the table, only thing is.. I'm going to have to take one of the blocks off. It would be fine if the drop leaves were out leaving a slight drop. Since the table is against the sofa unless we need it to eat at, it would be dragging the floor on the backside all the time.

Going back to the camper place today, paying it off and getting out from under it completely. That will be a relief. Then the grocery store- picking up stuff for dinner tonight. We're going to have fish tacos. The kids love them. DH hated fish, so we didn't have it at home. DIL is working 10- 10 three days this week so she won't be here for dinner.

I talked to Chris yesterday about his throw. He's so excited, bless his heart. I just hate that he's having to go through so much, especially since he just watched his dad go through it (different types of cancer, though). I ordered the fabric yesterday for Chris's quilt and 4 yards of Tiger Lily for Mike's. I'll put my quilt aside until Chris's gets done, then mine, and then Mike's. After that, I might call Mel. My MIL apologized for Mel, bless his heart. He didn't think about just picking up the phone and calling. Aunt Alma filled in the MIL with what all had been going on with his little post about wanting a quilt. lol. At this rate, I may have to get my wooden spoon out for some spanking for these teasing guys.

I best get started. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Prayers for those in need, there are so many needs. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
February 21st, 2018, 09:40 AM
Good morning ladies.
It was another early 4am wake up. I really need to get my sleep pattern back to a more regular schedule. Sometimes I think I should just take meds when I am stiff, but I'm not one who likes to pop pills.

I did my mom's laundry and washed the floors throughout the house. We have no carpets, just ceramic and hardwood. I was wiped and just vegged the rest of the day. Michael had a long day at work, and a long drive in due to the rain. He has to go in on Thursday and Friday, so I will probably quilt. Today we are going to his financial planner, and then we will go to Red Lobster for lunch. Not much else planned today.

I'm so sorry Sherri that your job is causing you grief. It's not an easy choice sometimes, and I don't think that you have the same laws and rights as we enjoy where I am. My girlfriend had a similar situation last year, where the owner screamed at her and not pretty words. She said nothing and went home. We have labour laws that protect employees in such situations and she could have filed a grievance. After being away for a week or so, with pay, he apologized, but the working environment is very toxic. Her attitude has changed over the years for the worst. She needs to work as she is single and within a year to retirement. She has had to deal with poor health, which I am certain is a result of her work environment. I think once she retires she will look for part time work where her skills will suit personality. Take this time to take stock of your skills, and where and what you might be happier doing. I Don't know the job market in your area, but I think you deserve better than what you are experiencing. Best wishes and hugs.

Better get moving or I will be completely stiff.

TMP
February 21st, 2018, 10:03 AM
Good morning everyone!

I had to throw off the quilts this morning its 67 degrees! My son came in late last night and he is upstairs sleeping. Even though he is basically using me as a hotel as he passes through its so good to see him. He said in the next two years I will see him a lot because he is writing a book about Alabama.

Oh Sherri, bless your heart. There is nothing worse than being in a situation where you are not happy at work. You spend a good part of your life at work. I wish you the best in finding a new position.

Long arm is spitting at me and being naughty. It has something to do with the bobbin tension. I have done everything I know how to do . I will be back on the phone with Juki today to see if I can get this mess fixed. GRRR I so wanted to sew today.
Have a wonderful day!

JCY
February 21st, 2018, 10:12 AM
Good Morning ~ I have only a min., but I'm checking in. Sherri, so sorry about your job situation. It certainly sounds like it's time to find a different job. I would not want to stay in that environment.

It's another 0 deg. morning. It got up to 24 yest. It was good to see the sun. The snow on the picnic table measured 6". After the driveway was shoveled, there was good melting, so it's dry. Our side street seldom gets plowed, not unless we get a really big dump. We're just 2 houses from a street that always gets plowed, so I won't have any problems getting out. I know it will be icy, so I'll be careful driving to Bible Study Fellowship this a.m. I need to go to Walmart for a several things. I'll get my usual Wendy's lunch.

I made 2 Buckeye Beauty 12" blocks yest. It's our block-of-the-month at guild. People who contribute blocks get their names put in the hat for a drawing.

No more time now.

MissMay
February 21st, 2018, 11:05 AM
Yesterday I made a big dent in clearing up a mess of mail and paperwork even found my long lost cards, library, Sears, etc. Going to finish up this morning and then on to making much needed phone calls. It's such a nice sunny and warm day that I hate to stay indoors but I've put these chores off much too long especially since I've found 2 unpaid bills, a charge card and our real estate taxes that were due by 2/15. Even though I've never made late payments before the town couldn't dismiss the late fee for the taxes, hoping the charge card company is more sympathetic to my plea.

Have a Good Day if you can. I'm going to open some windows, if I can't spend much time outdoors today at least I can let some warm fresh air inside.

grammaterry
February 21st, 2018, 11:09 AM
I FINISHED the leaf raking in the flower beds yesterday and helped DH split the wood. Then I sewed for a while (a very little while) I was just so physically spent that I couldn't enjoy myself.
We went to East Tennnessee to pick up a gun that DH found on line. Suppose to be some rare wonderful thing. lol. It is overcast but warm here this morning.
Got a box from Granny Judy with some project pieces. I may have to photograph them and see if someone can tell me what pattern to look up so I can put them together
Sherri, buck up and go get a NEW BETTER job. You are worth it. How could anyone even think of going back to a place that treated you like that. SHame on them!!
Katrina, bless your heart with all this paper work. Your attitude just makes me so proud to know you. You take it all in stride and have been such a lesson in strength to all of us.
Miss May, I find that companies are much more forgiving than government agencies. They are so greedy about late fees and penalty probably because their next raise depends on it! lol

Nwmnteacher
February 21st, 2018, 11:35 AM
Sherri, your situation made me think of a quote I saw recently, not sure where. It went something like this, "Sometimes when God closes a door, you just want to take a hammer and nail that sucker shut for good!"

I'm trying to get the energy to finish gathering all the tax info. I'm almost done with the business; I spent all day yesterday making computer entries, printing, making corrections, etc. I came home and vegged in front of the TV for the evening. Today I just have to do the final printing, then come back home and organize the personal stuff. Since our business is incorporated, taxes are due March 15. :-( I work this Th., and our tax appointment is for Fri., so today is the day to finish.

My sewing room has been lonely. The sewing room kitty, Kaya, meows at me every time I walk by.

Off to the salt mines.

Jeanne

shermur
February 21st, 2018, 12:10 PM
Sherri, your situation made me think of a quote I saw recently, not sure where. It went something like this, "Sometimes when God closes a door, you just want to take a hammer and nail that sucker shut for good!"

Jeanne...fabulous quote, sweetie! I love it! ROTFL

fatquarters
February 21st, 2018, 12:51 PM
Good Morning everyone. Happy quilting today:icon_bigsmile:

Monique, I do think that I have seen a great example of a featherweight table on pinterest, maybe something you could check out if you need ideas

Carolnnc
February 21st, 2018, 12:54 PM
Today is a "throw open the windows" day! I love getting the fresh air in before the allergy season gets here. We've had so much rain that the backyard is a swamp & with the moles I don't walk back there. Don't want to break an ankle, leg or hip!

I have been busy with the puppy, laundry & a little cleaning this morning. A few phone calls to make & then I'm going to sit down & read for 30 minutes. I got a book from the library & I'm trying to decide whether to order a copy from Amazon. It's "The Big Book of Table Runners" & I love way to many of the patterns to take it to Kinko's for copying.

DH talks more & more each day about retiring. I just hope he kicks in & does some work in the yard. Hopefully it will get warm for a couple of days & we can tackle the garage. That's the only place he's allowed to collect junk so there will be a huge battle over the clean out. I am making him look at the cost of storage for all the junk (it really is junk). I'm hoping the price of a storage unit will knock some sense into him & he'll clean out.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day!

chelea
February 21st, 2018, 05:26 PM
This is our second day of almost 70 degrees. I opened every window and took a walk in the yard to look at the flower beds. I see a few iris shoots, the red nubs of a peony and sure enough...weeds!

MaryUK
February 21st, 2018, 09:17 PM
I had a lovely day. When I retired my DH and I decided that we would go out for the day at least once a month you know to all the places you never get to visit because you're too busy with work. Well DH took my to the Yorkshire Dales - it was lovely and whilst still chilly the sun shone with only a little cloud.

On the way back we called at a fabric shop and I was able to get some yardage in their sale, then on to a restaurant for a late lunch. It is a carvery where they offer four different roast meats (you can have one or all) and you help yourself to veggies. I can tell you it was delicious and I could barely walk back to the car - certainly didn't have room for dessert!! We don't usually eat so much during the day! So it was back home for a cup of tea and feet up.

I did manage to spend a while in the sewing room putting away my new treasures and sewing a small border on a log cabin quilt. All in all a lovely day.

Best wishes and hugs for those in need.

MSN
February 21st, 2018, 10:10 PM
Does the owner honestly think I will be so devoted I will clean it up after her decision?

No, I'm quite sure the owner isn't expecting that. The company is counting on you to resign.

I wish you much good luck in your job search, and hoping that you land in a job that is a better fit for you.