PDA

View Full Version : Good morning Tuesday

Monique
February 20th, 2018, 09:26 AM

Good morning from a very rainy and wet day here. We are expecting record amounts of rain between today and tomorrow.

I got so distracted yesterday. I sent my brother a picture of what Lynda and I both needed for our sewing machines. There are no instructions to make these BUT he has agreed and tomorrow I will take a foot pedal with me so he can get the right specs to make it. Heck, we might just sell them after that. So spending time with my brother is on the agenda for tomorrow.

I had also sent him a picture of a seam ripper with a wooden handle. Well he can make those too, one tip a seam ripper and the other a stiletto. What a smart brother I have, he turns wood and loves it. So we will discuss wood and fabric all in one day. LOL!!

It is a good thing I did go for my walk yesterday. I won't be walking today. I do have Victoria's Quilts and I was asked to deliver one today for a man living here in town. I didn't know he had cancer, I believe just having recently been diagnosed, so his wife is going to come by and pick it up. She told me he was having a hard time dealing with this. He has bladder cancer.

Then I spent more time on this dang machine, looking at DIY sewing extension tables. I have it in my head that I want a bigger one. Hmmm, maybe my brother can make me one. I wonder if he can cut acrylic?

I did get a little bit more quilting done on the memory quilt. Not finished though. One more row to go of quilting, almost there. I don't think I shall tackle another t-shirt quilt, it is a lot of work.

Well that is what my day is shaping up to be. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Star lover
February 20th, 2018, 09:41 AM
Good morning Monique and all...

Wow, what a great brother ......happy he can help and who knows.......you could have the start of a business.....they start somehow!

That rotten cloud must be here too. It rained/poured all day yesterday and is still raining. (One cloud just full of....) They're saying rain through tomorrow. Backyard is flooded, but the house is up higher, so we're good. REALLY happy this ain't snow! Can't imagine how much this would be!

Sewed the binding on the Star Stuck, and am hand sewing it the rest of the way. Made the binding for the second donation quilt. So i hope to see it all on by machine today. The sewing table will be clear.....onto the next project....sew many to choose from! On fact my brain is whirling fried to go back to bed after posting Trivia and couldn't sleep! Ah well...

Hope everyone has a wonderful happy day. Love and hugs to all!

Bubby
February 20th, 2018, 09:48 AM
Good Morning...It's pouring rain and thundering a little, so my Tuesday greetings will short and sweet. We get our worst weather in early Spring. Thunder in February often precedes tornadoes. We're under flashflood and lightning warnings and we are supposed to get ice this afternoon. It's 60 degrees right now.

We had a long hard two days working at the apartments last weekend but we got a huge amount of work done.

There's nothing going on in my sewing room.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

KPH
February 20th, 2018, 09:55 AM
Good Morning Monique and Anita, and all that follow,

We kept the kids, or I should say I kept the kids, Mike went back to bed. They did really well. Fixed supper early since Mike had to go to work at 4. Well, they changed the schedule so he came back home after a couple of stops.

After the kids left, I vegetated. Esther was the thirsty girl yesterday. Four sippy cups full of water which led to 2 extremely full pull ups and wet pants. I just couldn't catch her in time. Zeke went potty once and didn't want me to help him pull up his pants at all. I'm beginning to think he'll be trained before Esther and he's just 22 months.

I worked on emptying the bag that we filled with Howard's stuff out of our truck. It's been sitting in the kitchen. I just couldn't touch it, mainly because I didn't know where to put any of it. First aid kit, emergency ponchos, emergency blankets and rope are all put into the vibe. Three notebooks... barely, are in the desk. The rest is in the garage. I guess that's the next thing to tackle. lol, not that I even want to think about all the stuff out there.

Today's big job, going back to the camper place. Mike has to go to work today, so I'll have to get him up soon so we can go and get back in time.

Hoping to work on the crown quilt, or the mother's day mug rugs tonight while he's gone.

Prayers for those in need for peace, comfort, and healing. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Iris Girl
February 20th, 2018, 09:56 AM
Morning all . Got my bosses gifts done. Today should be 63 and tommorrow 70's.. oh my then we drop to cold again. Should be a quieter day at work since school is going. Yesterday a lot of needy teachers, screaming kids and distraught parents. Have a good one all.

JCY
February 20th, 2018, 10:11 AM
A chilly good morning! Yikes, it's 0 deg. out there this a.m.! We had snow off & on all day yest. It never got above 22 deg. At 6 p.m., we had maybe 2" & it looked like it had about quit. But at 8:30 I decided to look out the window to see if it had snowed anymore. Well, did I get a surprise! I couldn't believe how much it had snowed over the past 2.5 hrs.! I discovered our neighbor & his son were shoveling our driveway. I poked my head out the front door to thank them. He estimated 6". By bedtime it had quit. There was no wind, so the snow just piled straight up on everything. It's pretty to look at. I won't complain b/c we need the moisture. I don't need to go out until tomorrow; by then the streets should be improved.

I did no sewing yest., but I did look through my white fabrics. I have some that will work for sashing on the Quarter Log Cabin as well as background for the Missouri Crossroads Quilt (not yet started).

I watched the Olympics last night. The bob sled was of no interest, but I watched the women's half pipe and the figure skating ice dance. So glad that bro/sis team from the USA placed 3rd.

My DIL starts her new job today. I hope all goes well for her. Well, it's time to fix DH's scrambled eggs.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
February 20th, 2018, 11:14 AM
Good morning ladies.
It's going to be wet over the next few days, and risk of flooding. We are high so no worries. The rain on the metal roof was so hard, it woke me up in the middle of the night. It's zero now, so a bit slippery. DH slipped on the walkway to his car. Just a kneel and up again. That's 3 falls in less than a week. Not a good sign.

I may do a bit of housework today. I figure if I do a bit everyday, it won't overwhelm me. Yesterday I made another 12 blocks for the 3 dudes quilt. I have started sewing columns and once all sewed up, I will try on my friend's bed to figure out the size of the borders.

I will go visit my mom, pick up her laundry and drop off stuff at my daughter's place. But first, I need to get off the lazy boy and get cracking.
Good day everyone.

grammaterry
February 20th, 2018, 11:30 AM
Sewed all day yesterday. The weather people said to expect rain and it didn't happen. Would have been a good day to be out in the yalrd working. Silly weather people. Even sillier that I listened
I have 5 more shriner quilts to sandwich and quilt. I might...My mind is in quilting mode and I found myself doing it in my dreams. Not good. I need to get them done so I can take them to a member and they can get started. Its going to be a lot of work for those old men to raise the money. I figure if they have enough to start, their children or grandchildren might be able to set up a table somewhere and sell some. I thought if I could find a cheap enough entry fee at a craft fair I might be able to set up a table too. After I get this batch done (the orphan block batch is what I'm calling them) I'll start piecing some larger more designed pieces. They will take more time of course.
Sun is out. I need to get crackin'.

Navy Wife
February 20th, 2018, 12:21 PM
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood! Sunny and warm, up to 77 before the end of the day. It's just a respite from what may come later though. I'm going to open all the windows and let the breeze blow through. But first another cup of coffee!

MissMay
February 20th, 2018, 12:43 PM
Sun is shining and it's warmer out so the last of the weekend's snow is gone. DH and I will be heading out soon for lots of errands. No sewing until I clear up the huge pile of junk mail and paperwork that has accumulated, received so many donation requests that I'm just giving them all the heave ho into the reclying box.

Great Grandson James will be 2 tomorrow, we sent him a Thomas the Train box set of books. They arrived yesterday, his Mom, DGD Christine, said he was so excited to bring his mail inside and to open it himself. She said he keeps "reading" the books as his latest love is trains. Too bad they live so far away, New Orleans, as we would love be there for celebrating with them tomorrow night. Come to think of it all our great grandkids, all boys, live a distance, 2 in CA and 4 in NC. Only one Grand daughter still lives in Jersey. That's Catherine who will be by for lunch on Saturday. She and her DH live an hour or so from us but she'll be nearby Sat. morning as her Special Ed kids are in a bowling league and they are playing the team in the next town.

Time to get going, Have a Good Day,

Claire Hallman
February 20th, 2018, 12:44 PM
We have the beautiful weather that Navy Wife is enjoying, there was a record high yesterday and hopefully more of the same today.
We need to get out and cut back the 4 knock out rose bushes, my back is acting up so I will just point and DH will cut.

I have a big plexi surface around my bigger machine but wish it were even bigger. I think I will see if I can extend it with plastic project boxes taped around the plexi one. My blue tape is missing so I might need to make a run to the store first. I have a king quilt ready to fmq or perhaps stitd. Either way I need as much surface as possible to quilt it.

Carolnnc
February 20th, 2018, 01:43 PM
Rainy & foggy this morning so puppy nor I enjoyed our 30 minute walk around the shopping center. It has cleared up so the afternoon walk will be much better. We are in for some 70 degree weather this week which is a good thing.

Laundry & a little house work today. I'm beginning to think I lead a very boring life:-)

LauraP
February 20th, 2018, 04:42 PM
Just because all you Northerners are tired of the snow doesn't mean you had to send it to AZ! We are stuck in Benson with an overheating engine. Luckily my husband can fix anything but it is so cold we had to dig our Kansas winter coats out. So as we are sitting in the gas station parking lot I am watching the roadrunners and hoping the cold doesn't kill the cactus blooms which are starting to come out. No sewing til we get someplace permanent again. Hopefully out of Arizona:)

Star lover
February 20th, 2018, 05:25 PM
Wow, Laura....I sure didn't mean to sent it to Arizona! We have tons of rain, flooding and then we're to get cold again.
Thankful your hubby is handy. So sorry you're stuck there. Sending warm thoughts.......I'd send ya the rain, but don't think you'd like it much either. Take care....hugs!

Simply Quilting
February 20th, 2018, 05:52 PM
Good afternoon. We had rain and thunder last night which turned to ice. Then sleet with some snow mixed in this morning. It was very slick out this morning. Schools closed and even businesses in the area closed. When dh went to work a while ago, he said that the roads were looking much better and are basically cleared off. We could really use the moisture as some towns are already putting water conservation restrictions in place. I would prefer that it be in a different form of moisture than ice. The good thing about snow is because of the way that it melts, it helps to raise the water table and is what does the deep moisture.

Yesterday's sewing consisted of sewing a block of the month and stuffing some animals that I will work on hand sewing closed tomorrow.

Have a safe day everyone :)