PDA

View Full Version : Friday? Really?

Monique
February 16th, 2018, 08:39 AM

Good morning Friends. I think we are getting flurries today but not sure. At least we are out of the extreme cold temperatures. Tomorrow is Family Fun day at the community centre.

Les IS GOING to camp. That means I have 2 1/2 days all to myself to sew. I got the quilt sandwiched yesterday. That's a start. Now to figure out how to quilt it.

Also on tomorrow's agenda a birthday surprise. Doug's son called me the other day to try and make sure that Doug would be home Saturday. I got the details about what Doug was going to do. So Sean has invited me over for lunch and he is bringing home Chinese food. I hope to also make to family day but I don't know if my back is going to take it or not. We shall see.

So that is it for me. Wishing you all a fantastic weekend, no matter what you do.

Star lover
February 16th, 2018, 08:50 AM
Good mornin Monique! And top of the day to everyone!

For me it's tea....and lots of it!

Going to get colder here and some sun today. Nicer than the rain yesterday, but rain causes the snow to melt....so more hope for spring!

Monique, how fun 2-1/2 days of....doing whatever ya want! Yippee! So happy for you....just gotta rest your back so you're up to doing some stuff.

Got some more done on the donation quilt. Got sidelined with phone calls. When it rain, it pours they day. I'm not a phone yapper, so I was done talking by the time DH got home.....quiet evening....which led to sleeping while sitting. Woke at 11:30, so I could go to bed.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and a peaceful weekend. See y'all Monday. Love and hugs to all! :icon_wave:

Bubby
February 16th, 2018, 08:57 AM
Good Morning....Jeff and I were just asking each other if it was Friday already.

Jenny's new tutorial on adding borders to panels is really good. "Make your panel fit your borders rather than try to piece your borders to fit the panel" was a good takeaway for those of us who are panel challenged.

Yesterday it was nearly 80 degrees.....today the high will be half of that with rain and over the weekend more snow and possibly ice. I know Spring is on the way but late winter weather can be bitter cold here.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Friday. Tomorrow we will be working at the apartments.

Thank you to everyone for the great birthday wishes yesterday.

Hugs...........Barb

Ginny B
February 16th, 2018, 09:00 AM
Good morning Monique. Well, since I kept thinking that yesterday was Friday, I'm saying Friday, Finally! Don't know why I was a day ahead of myself.

Looking forward to the weekend. I originally had plans to go into the city with a co-worker to see the Downton Abbey Exhibition but we have switched it to next weekend for two reasons. First , another one of our co-workers found and we were going and said she would love to go to see it but wasn't available this weekend. So, we just changed it to next week. Also, we are supposed to have some snow starting tomorrow evening and they both have further out to go to get home here on the island so we wanted to not take the chance the snow would arrive earlier. I have already seen the exhibit with my sister but I enjoyed it and Barbara really needs something enjoyable in her life right now and couldn't find anyone else to go with her so I told her I'd go.

So my weekend will have some more sewing time in it than first expected and that makes me happy. I will fit in some projects around the house too and probably some snow shoveling will happen.

Have a good weekend everyone. Enjoy your 2 1/2 days to sew Monique.

I pray for peace and wisdom in this troubling time right now in the country.

Cathy F
February 16th, 2018, 09:23 AM
Morning all,
Grey morning here, rain last night so don't know if the sun will peek out or not today.

My embroidery machine didn't want to play nice the other day which gave me some anxiety since I had been using it every day with no problems. It would sew two stitches and the thread break/re-thread message kept appearing and the machine would stop. Well, I can't tell you how many times I re-threaded, changed thread, but it was frustrating for sure. I then did a good cleaning took the bobbin case out but since I clean it on a regular basis I didn't see much of anything. Put it all back together and walked away. Next morning I go up and turn on machine with fingers crossed it will work and off she goes like nothing ever happened. I was doing the happy dance!

Ordered the daily deal today, just in time as some of my pens were running dry.

Monique, enjoy your quiet weekend and hoping everyone else also has a good one.

Iris Girl
February 16th, 2018, 09:24 AM
Morning all. Anita I am with you, tea for me too. Drizzly this morning. Sat night brings us 3 to 6 inches of snow ��we just barely got the ice off the driveway.
Good news my son has picked a laptop for me. Very high powered gaming one. Just have to wait for tax money to hit the bank.
Bad news hubby walloped his head on the bottom off his tractor trailer yesterday to the tune of 6 staples in his head. So instead of the call saying he was on his way home start dinner, he said they are taking me to the Dr for stitches. He is ok, but will be home today.
Not been here a lot except for reading because typing on my small tablet is hard.
I joined the mug rug group and it should be fun.
Been thinking about everyone. Hugs to all in Need. Have a good Friday.

JCY
February 16th, 2018, 10:10 AM
Good Morning ~ Doing the happy dance! I got the Tiara LA working just fine yest. afternoon. When I was out Wed., I stopped at the LQS & bought 2 pkgs. of needles. I switched out the needle & the stitching looks great! I already had changed the needle once or twice, but maybe I had a pkg. of defective needles or something. Anyway, things are working now; I got quite a bit of FMQ done! Yeah! I also sewed together 9 burp cloths. Another new baby coming Mar. 1 to one of the moms at church, & my nephew in OR is expecting a baby soon.

I haven't watched Jenny's tut. yet, but I've made several quilts with panels. It's a quick easy way to make a quilt. I have several panels in my stash that I want to make up. Some are baby panels, but some are scenery, etc. I think I bought Holly Taylor fabrics to coordinate with them.

Today is our monthly senior fellowship & lunch at church. The men's quartet is going to sing for us. While I'm out I need to run a couple errands. DH's heating pad is old & getting iffy. Walgreens has a good selection.

I watched more of the Olympics last night. The men's figure skating came on too late for me watch that. No more time now.

grammaterry
February 16th, 2018, 11:34 AM
Getting ready to watch the panel tutorial. I made the one quilt panel yesterday and it seemed sort of blah so this will help I hope. I sewed the last two days pretty steadily and today I'm taking the day off to meet that lady who has the fabric stash she wants to sell. I told her I would buy her lunch if she'd meet me at the restaurant so it will be interesting to see what she has brought to sell.
Its kind of exciting just to meet another person for lunch!!
It was a beautiful spring? day yesterday. Mid 70's . Going to be a hight of 45 on Satuday with rain. Up and down. That's a typical Carolina winter. I find that tolerable. This constant cold really got me down this year.
Meeting DS on Saturday with the GC"s and will give DGD the little Janome sewing machine. I have a bunch of scraps (2" squares) that I'm giving her to practice with along with some quilt edge trimmings. I'm going to show her the Chaos quilt tutorial and see how creative she might get.
Hope you all have a great day.

Carolnnc
February 16th, 2018, 11:53 AM
Such a beautiful warm day for us today.

For me it was chai instead of coffee this morning. So I learned the word chai means tea so if I say chai tea then I just said tea tea.

I had to change up my routine this morning because our vet is coming at 10:30 for our new puppy's first visit. I love using the mobile vet & it doesn't cost anymore than the brick & mortar vet we did use.

The cat has been hiding under the freezer in her room since Valentine's Day when the puppy showed up. Right now DH has puppy out for a walk so kitty has snuck into the living room. I hope she gets used to puppy.

Have a good day!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
February 16th, 2018, 12:12 PM
Good morning ladies. I am on my third cup of coffee, but once I gear up, I'm like the energizer bunny.

It was a bit of a drizzle but above zero yesterday, so I scrapped off the ice on the walkway and upper part of driveway. I don't want DH falling again. I drove him to a meeting at the club last night and just sipped on wine in front of the fireplace until they were done. It is above zero now, but it will drop to -18 this afternoon and cold all weekend. Michael and I have agreed that we are hermitting this weekend to do our fun stuff. Sewing, playing with trains and no big meals. It can be challenging as there is always someone calling for assistance.

This afternoon I am going to meet a new quilting friend who is helping her best friend's husband sell off her sewing room. I have organized to sell and have sold lots of different types of fabrics and stashes with other friends who inherited bin fills of fabric. There is a sale coming up early May which is really well attended. I will help her organize her wools and books to sell. I know that she has already given lots to charity and a guild we belong to, but I think that he is hoping to recoup some of the money spent.
Then I will continue working on the 3 dudes quilt. This is where I am at.

Oh, because I get bored working on only one pattern at a time, I cut and started piecing a quilt for my son, called Skyline by Hoffman fabrics. It's all digitally printed, and I have extra to make it larger. 150377
Suzanne

Star lover
February 16th, 2018, 12:26 PM
Suzanne, I'm lovin your 3 Dudes quilt! Enjoy your stay-cation!

MissMay
February 16th, 2018, 01:14 PM
Coffee is a must to get me going in the morning and we drink tea in the afternoon. Feeling kind of dull this morning so I think today is a 2 cups of coffee day. Trying to think of something for tonight's dinner as DS#1 called last night to say he'd be over after work tonight. Think I'll put that off until I finish that 2nd cup of coffee.

Have a bit of a cold so yesterday I thought some smooth and velvety mushroom barley soup was just the thing for dinner. DH and I have a pact, I plan and make our dinners and he serves them and does kitchen clean up. Anyway soup was a bit thin when done but I was sure it would thicken up by dinner time. When DH handed me my bowl for dinner the soup was plenty thick because while he reheated the soup he also threw in the rice pilaf leftover from Wednesday's dinner. Have to say although it wasn't as smooth and velvety as usual it did taste good. .

KPH
February 16th, 2018, 01:45 PM
Good Morning... barely,

I was up at 6 this morning, big day and one more thing ticked off the to do lists. Now the trucks titled in the boys names and I technically don't own a vehicle today. If I'd realized taking care of those two transfers (being inheritance) wasn't going to be pocketbook breaking like they were the first time, I would have gone ahead and taken care of the Vibe that DS#1 is giving me to pick up his kids in (only 2 at the most).

DS#1 has a new freezer being delivered this morning. I think they'll enjoy having an upright freezer rather than a chest. They got a great deal on it and the person that baby sits for them once in a while is looking forward to getting their old one.

DS#2 has gone back to bed for a nap. Morning's aren't his thing and I had him up at 7 to get the show on the way. He goes to work at 5 tonight. I think while he's gone, I'm going to make a list of paperwork from the 2016 taxes, then make sure I have everything in the folders. I'd like to drop them off by Monday at the latest.

I've been thinking about making a list of things DH and I were planning to start on this year... a storm door for the front door, planting the Nandinas in the little 'garden' area in front of his toy room, getting a real door to put between the master bath and master bedroom, and adding the water filter part of the water softener system we bought last summer. Right now the kitchen just doesn't seem like it's that important right now, but it will have to be done at some point. He also wanted to dry wall the garage and put an air conditioner out there. I'm not too sure about that one either, but I would love to have a better light over the washer dryer.

Almost time to get DS#2 up from his nap. Hope he's not as grouchy as Zeke was last night!

Prayers for those in need: for comfort, peace, understanding and healing. Prayers of thanksgivings for all of our many blessings.

LauraP
February 16th, 2018, 03:31 PM
We are packing the RV getting ready to leave AZ tomorrow. It's amazing how much stuff you gather in a four month period. 2 satellite dishes, 2 outside rugs, 2 auxiliary propane tanks, etc. Now to find a spot to store it all. We should be home next week after going to NM to visit friends then its down to TX to see the kid. Hopefully won't make it to KS to stay until April. Maybe by then it will be starting to warm.

Star lover
February 16th, 2018, 04:03 PM
We are packing the RV getting ready to leave AZ tomorrow. It's amazing how much stuff you gather in a four month period. 2 satellite dishes, 2 outside rugs, 2 auxiliary propane tanks, etc. Now to find a spot to store it all. We should be home next week after going to NM to visit friends then its down to TX to see the kid. Hopefully won't make it to KS to stay until April. Maybe by then it will be starting to warm.

Laura, have a safe trip.....and have a great time too!

Granny Judy
February 16th, 2018, 05:35 PM
Very lazy day for me.... slept in, cleaned the kitchen and the rest of the day is all mine. Hopefully I can get the binding on one quilt that goes to DGD and start the quilting on a baby quilt... I still have a baby quilt half way quilted and need to get that done and in the mail this month.

Puppies are lazy, too. Every room I go into they follow. That makes me the leader of the pack.. So I fix a little bed for them to lay in- one for every room.

DD#2's cancer came back this past Fall - a couple of "spots" on her liver.. so new rounds of chemotherapy start. The first drug wasn't working very well. so another drug was prescribed. Meanwhile it's extra measures to make sure she doesn't get the flu or an infection. I work with her diet since she has a lot of restrictions due to type of cancer and drugs. She has continued to go to work and meets up with friends & family.. At least this round doesn't involve losing hair.

Blessing to all and gratitude that our Lord is so generous and forgiving.

Tracie T
February 16th, 2018, 06:55 PM
It's officially Friday! I just got home from work. Bring on the weekend!

Nwmnteacher
February 16th, 2018, 06:56 PM
Judy, I love the picture of your dogs!

Jeanne