PDA

View Full Version : Jenks OK?

Astatoo
February 15th, 2018, 05:29 PM
Anyone from the area of Jenks OK? We may have a chance to move-DH may get a job transfer-there and I would appreciate any info you may have BEFORE we make the decision. Thanks for any and all input, both positive and negative.

Pandabear
February 15th, 2018, 06:01 PM
Not contributing anything useful - I just wanted to pop in and say when I read the thread title I wondered who Jenks was and why it was we were wondering if he was ok.

It made me laugh.

Sandy Navas
February 15th, 2018, 06:33 PM
I don't live there, but in it's favor I would say - it is truly warmer than Wisconsin. There are cowboys nearby. Oklahoma City isn't that far away. There are many wonderful activities around, and I personally love Oklahoma. You are currently about 600 miles from Hamilton, and Jenks is only about 315 miles away. Win-win, I'd say. Plus you'd only be a couple hundred miles from Branson, MO and there's lots of entertainment there.

grammaterry
February 15th, 2018, 07:58 PM
I think Oklahoma is OK

vchale
February 15th, 2018, 09:49 PM
My husband and I both grew up in the Oklahoma City area but moved away in 1974. It would be my first choice for where to move when he retires but not his. I think it's a great place.

Cokie
February 15th, 2018, 11:50 PM
Not contributing anything useful - I just wanted to pop in and say when I read the thread title I wondered who Jenks was and why it was we were wondering if he was ok.

It made me laugh.

Me too!! So glad it wasn't what I thought. :D

LauraP
February 16th, 2018, 01:08 AM
I used to live in Bartlesville about 4 years ago. Jenks is a nice town. They have a really nice aquarium. It's got both big town and country areas close to the grocery etc

SuzanneOrleansOntario
February 16th, 2018, 12:41 PM
My husband was born in Oklahoma but his family is mostly in KS. The only thing I see and think about OK are the tornadoes we see on the Canadian weather channel. Not certain where in OK Jenks is, but if I moved to KS or wind tunnel, I would build a shelter.

MissMay
February 16th, 2018, 12:44 PM
Me too, LOL!

snippet
February 17th, 2018, 04:47 PM
It's a suburb of Tulsa, so it's not terribly remote. I have a friend that lives in Ponca City and loves it. Good weather.

bubba
February 17th, 2018, 06:33 PM
I also wondered who the heck Jenks is!! Once I figured it out, my first thought was....that's a lot closer to M* than where she is now!!

jjkaiser
February 18th, 2018, 12:17 AM
Haha, had me going too. I thought Jenks was a person too. Sorry I have never even set foot in the state of Oklahoma! But good luck with your decision. I did live in a tiny rural town in Kentucky for about 6 years. If you have never lived in a small town before it is definitely worth experiencing. Quote a change from city life.

auntiemern
February 20th, 2018, 10:59 PM
It's a suburb of Tulsa, so it's not terribly remote. I have a friend that lives in Ponca City and loves it. Good weather.

I have a freind that lives in Ponca City too.

toggpine
February 21st, 2018, 10:55 PM
It's outside of Tulsa. I have family in Tulsa, and I don't mind a visit, but I'm happier here in Western Washington, especially weather wise. The northeastern corner of the state is greener than the plains, but even then that's mostly in the spring. The summers run into the high 90's to 100's. The winters have lovely ice storms, and then there are the tornadoes.
Don't get me started on the bugs.

Being closer to Tulsa gives you better job opportunities than farther out. My family is closer to retirement age and beyond, so I'm not a lot of help on that scene.
Good luck!