PDA

View Full Version : Star Lover...Spring is Coming!

pcbatiks
February 15th, 2018, 04:02 PM
Anita, I thought of you yesterday. I know you are patiently/impatiently waiting for spring. :D While I was walking our dog in the front yard I noticed leaf buds on the sweet gum tree! Leaf buds.....spring is almost here! :D Also saw a few azaleas blooming early on the other side of the yard.

Of course the other sign of spring & warmer weather....................I have seen two little snakes so far....one about a week ago and one today. Blech.....:icon_eek:

The weeds are also growing.......not the grass yet.........but the weeds are going strong.

Hang in there! Spring is on the way!

auntstuff
February 15th, 2018, 04:05 PM
I can see the tips of my daffodils and grape hyacinth!

Star lover
February 15th, 2018, 04:10 PM
Well, in Michigan I see snow.....but it's MELTING!!!!! Here, when we see buds on the lilacs....we're golden! So far, my daffodils are under about 3 feet of snow.....time will tell. We're suppose to get below freezing for a few days....But there's light at the end of the winter tunnel.

Thank you for thinking of me.....y'all just made my day!!

Pins&Needles
February 15th, 2018, 04:12 PM
You two are so lucky!

We're still huddling in our homes with temps in the -20's ( C), with plenty of snow still on the ground. I wake each day longing for Springtime!

Star lover
February 15th, 2018, 04:22 PM
Someday...it'll get here and I promise.....and I'm NOT going to complain about the heat and humidity.......we'll, that's the hope of a promise!

KPH
February 15th, 2018, 04:33 PM
It's supposed to hit 80 today. Not that I'm wishing for warm weather. I'm certainly not used to having the air on in February. Spent part of the morning pulling weeds and talking about the work of roots and leaves with my Homeschool buddy. That wasn't on the agenda, but when the opportunity knocks, ya' take it!

Carlie Wolf
February 15th, 2018, 11:23 PM
It seems they're predicting pretty much in the 50's during the day for most of Feb but then around 26 at night. I'll take it though, I opened some windows today and I'm hoping to be able to keep the heat off during the day. They're also saying possibility of thunderstorms late tonight so that's a first for the winter.

I did check out the garden yesterday...still no signs of bulbs though :-(. I'm thinking of pulling the rake up out of the basement and maybe prune the blackberry bushes...they say you can do that now :-)