PDA

View Full Version : It's Thursday

Monique
February 15th, 2018, 07:47 AM

Good morning everyone. Happy birthday again Barb and Shirley.

Ok honestly, I am stiff and sore this morning, mainly my back and the top of my shoulders. I know what you are going to say, but it needed to be done and right away. I was so afraid of the roof collapsing. That's all I would need. The snow falls off the big roof onto the other roof. The ice there was so thick I had to use a hammer to separate them. I think I heard the ice move last night, not sure. But it is done and that is all that matters. My body will heal.

I did not get the quilt sandwiched yesterday as I was too tired. Sore or not, it will get done today. Hubby is still on the fence about going to the camp. I wish the heck he could decide. :icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes::icon _rolleyes::icon_rolleyes:

So that's on my plate today.

Have a great day everyone.

Thoughts and prayers going out to the community where the awful shooting took place.

Star lover
February 15th, 2018, 07:55 AM
Good morning Monique and all who'll follow.....

I never ask google for advice.....never sure what you'll get! But I did get a laugh, so that's good! Thank you!

Waking up to sad tragic news. I don't listen or watch anything until this am. I'll have to check out the details.

Oh Monique, so sad you ache, happy you're done, down and healing. Rest when you can and continue healing. If Les could give you a rub down (maybe a late valentines gift) it might ease some of the tension in your back and shoulders. Hugs!

Un-pinned and re-pinned the donation quilt. Much happier! Did some machine quilting on it, more to do today. Already planning the next quilt......so sew many choices......kinda fun dreaming though!

Warm this am - 40'. It's been a loooong time since it was 40 at night. Because of the temps, we have thick fog. I like fog.....don't know why, I just do.

So hoping everyone has a wonderful day. Love and hugs to those who need it......I think we all need them, most of the time,

Monique
February 15th, 2018, 08:02 AM
Ya that's going to happen!! NOT!!

Star lover
February 15th, 2018, 08:10 AM
Sigh......sometimes.....men!

Tracie T
February 15th, 2018, 09:22 AM
Hello, all. My heart is heavy from the tragic news this morning. Prayers to the families and victims .

Monique - your post is so true but yet every time I have an ailment, I google or go to WebMD even though it makes me feel worse. LOL I hope you feel better quickly.

I'm off work today so hopefully will get a few things done around the house and continue practicing my
FMQ on my quilt.

Enjoy the day!

Bubby
February 15th, 2018, 09:37 AM
Good Morning Everyone. So far it's been a wonderful birthday. My DD called yesterday and mentioned my birthday today. She asked me how old I would be. When I told her 71 she said, " Stop kidding...how old will you really be?"...I told her to add 19 to her age and she got really quiet and then promised to call me today.

It's drizzling rain this morning but it's supposed to get up to 78 this afternoon.

My heart breaks for the families and friends of the 20 students that were killed yesterday in Florida. We are praying for everyone concerned.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day....Hugs.

JCY
February 15th, 2018, 10:09 AM
Good Morning ~ Wow - it made it up to almost 70 yest. The mercury didn't go past 69, but it was a warm day. However, very windy. I ran my errands after Bible study & had my usual Wendy's lunch. Cooler today. The mts. are expecting 6-12" of fresh snow.

I watched some of the Olympics last night, then a 2 hr. episode of The Amazing Race. Today I'll be cooking up a kettle (2 lbs.) of DH's Anasazi beans, changing sheets on the bed, & doing some house cleaning.

At guild mtg., I picked up a pattern for block of the month. I didn't care for last month's pattern.

Happy Birthday, Barb, & to any others who are having a special day.

This is all the time I have now.

Carolnnc
February 15th, 2018, 10:11 AM
Good morning.

Monique I hope you feel better soon. I think several soaks in a hot bath with some Epsom Salts & a nice glass of wine would do wonders.

Happy Birthday Barb & I wish you many, many more.

Today is going to be filled with paying attention to the new puppy. The cat has been hiding under the freezer in her room. Now she's behind the couch. DH asked if there was a chance she wouldn't adjust to the puppy. I have no idea. We are going to move the freezer out of her room on Saturday & I think I'll crate the dog in there a few nights to see if that will help.

Well, off to the fancy neighborhood at the end of the street to walk off some puppy energy. I'm hoping if I walk him twice a day I can lose the 5 pounds I gained at Christmas.

Have a good day.

KPH
February 15th, 2018, 10:35 AM
Good Morning All,
The sun has finally returned! It's seemed so gloomy the past few days. Gloomy enough to keep the curtains on the back porch open so I could watch/ chase away my new friend at the bird feeder. He's a rather furry little scamp but watching him for a few minutes makes me remember the sweet memories of going to Sherry's mountain house and the fun all 6 of us had up there. She and I had a running joke.. just saying squirrel would make us laugh! I gave her a resin squirrel and a Blue Motorcycle ornament (in honor of her favorite drink). She didn't make it to the next Christmas. She's greatly missed, but I know DH is enjoying her company in heaven. The dear lord might be shakin' his head a whole lot with them hanging around!

I went to Nana's yesterday and helped with the threesome. Nandy had an appointment to have his phone fixed. He thought having an appointment meant they would take you at the appointment time (or pretty close to it). He got there and got checked in, and they told him it was going to be an hour and a half. Apparently even having the appointment, you had to wait for everyone in lin in front of you. That's NO way to do business, in my opinion. I didn't get home until almost 4, the kids were coming to dinner and we still didn't have the insurance for the truck taken care of.

Well, DS#1 called while I was waiting on DS#2 at the insurance office. I really didn't need to be there, just moral support. He was like are you home? Nope, but you go on to the house. I was going to fix rice, there's the mashed cauliflower for Morgan in refrigerator freezer, and there are veggies in the outside freezer for the green veggie, the cubed steaks are in the crock pot and should be done. Nothing like not being there to fix Wednesday night dinner when you're the one that set up the date.

The kids loved their books for Valentines. J left his here, we'll read it today. Mike goes in at 11, so we'll pick up J, and Nandy will come and get him later. J is thrilled that we have left over steak and gravy. I am too. We'll have that for lunch.

Two more things ticked off the list. The house is homesteaded and the insurance on the small truck is taken care of. I need to look at last years paperwork with the taxes to make sure I have all the slips. They should be in, just a double take then I'll take them to H&R Block around the corner to have them filled out. Should be interesting with selling the house, buying the house, putting solar panels on this house. I'll see how we made out and get that off.

I've got three small projects stacked and ready to start. Hopefully, this weekend or the beginning of next week I'll be able to put the paperwork away and start being creative again.

Prayers for those in need- for comfort, peace, strength and healing. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Off to homeschool and then babysitting tonight.... I may be too tired to do anything tomorrow!

Monique, I am glad you got the chore done safely.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
February 15th, 2018, 10:41 AM
Good morning ladies.
I feel your aches and pains Monique. Sometimes we just have to do what needs doing, at whatever cost. Bodies do heel, but I have noticed that it takes longer as I age.

My DH was not so lucky. Tuesday night when we went to Guild meeting, he slipped on ice next to his car. Luckily years of Aikido, he knows how to roll and fall. Then last night, not so lucky, he put out the garbage and fell in the mud room when he was taking off his skidoo boots. He landed on his back against the steps with metal edge. He was sore, but today he is postponing work to tomorrow.

Happy birthday Barb. I get the same reaction from my mom when I have a birthday. I tell her to subtract 32 from her age, and she is always stunned. It's true that neither of us look our age so we could get away with saying we are younger.

So tragic the news out of Florida. So many lives lost, so many families forever changed. Prayers and hugs for all those affected.

Today, no big plans as I am sore from standing at class yesterday and then 2 1/2 hours in the car. I may drop by my daughter's place as she wanted me to give the kids the bags I made them. I may accompany DH tonight at the sailing club. He has a fleet meeting but I can sit by the fireplace, relax with wine and listen to the hilarity of those that participate in Trivia night. I don't want him to have a fall again.
That's it pretty much. Have a good day.

Angelia
February 15th, 2018, 04:14 PM
Happy Birthday, Barb! :)