PDA

View Full Version : Here Ryker, Ryker, Ryker

Carlie Wolf
February 14th, 2018, 08:16 PM
It's Valentine's Day and I can't wait to see your cute little face!!!

Caroline T.
February 14th, 2018, 08:40 PM
Woof Woof, we expect pictures tomorrow!!

Carlie Wolf
February 14th, 2018, 10:06 PM
Ok...I'm getting excited!!! Bet you are too

jjkaiser
February 14th, 2018, 10:21 PM
I am anxiously waiting for a peek at the puppy too!!! Let's see!!

CraftyJnet
February 14th, 2018, 11:11 PM
Please post a photo of the new baby!

Carolnnc
February 14th, 2018, 11:31 PM
Here Ryker, Ryker, Ryker
It's Valentine's Day and I can't wait to see your cute little face!!!

Whew! We haven't been this tired since the kids were babies. We picked Ryker up at 5:00 after DH got off work. Had to feed him (and us) then went for a long walk around the shopping center. DH is now sitting on the floor & they are playing with all the toys we purchased. So here's the photos of one cute dog & my sweet husband Rick (who had a birthday today)

bubba
February 14th, 2018, 11:34 PM
What a doll!!! Your husband isn't bad either :D

jjkaiser
February 15th, 2018, 12:08 AM
He is just adorable. The dog I mean!!! What a great bd present for your husband!

pcbatiks
February 15th, 2018, 12:15 AM
Your new fur baby is adorable!

CraftyJnet
February 15th, 2018, 12:15 AM
Oh he is such a cutie pie!

Hulamoon
February 15th, 2018, 12:24 AM
How sweet. Can you post puppy breath too? Hehe

Caroline T.
February 15th, 2018, 12:30 AM
How sweet. Can you post puppy breath too? Hehe

And puppy paws too, smell like Frio Lays :)
What a doll he is.

JaniceR
February 15th, 2018, 01:25 AM
What an absolutely adorable puppy! So much love to look forward to with your precious fur baby!

Carlie Wolf
February 15th, 2018, 02:54 AM
He is SO adorable! I love that second picture. He knows exactly where his place is and he's proud of it! Always love those boy and his dog pics too LOL. Sweet thing looks tired in the last pic but he better not close those eyes or they might just disappear.
I'm so happy for you and your sweet DH too!. (Just noticed your husband looks a lot like my Uncle Matt)

Monique
February 15th, 2018, 07:15 AM
For a non dog person, he is pretty cute and hubby isn't bad on the eyes either, LOL!!

Star lover
February 15th, 2018, 08:18 AM
Such sweet pics! So happy for you both! Adorable......I mean the puppy! and just love love the name! Perfect.

Carolnnc
February 15th, 2018, 09:52 AM
And puppy paws too, smell like Frio Lays :)
What a doll he is.

Thanks. So much like little babies, they smell so good & have those sweet eyes.

Carolnnc
February 15th, 2018, 10:03 AM
He is SO adorable! I love that second picture. He knows exactly where his place is and he's proud of it! Always love those boy and his dog pics too LOL. Sweet thing looks tired in the last pic but he better not close those eyes or they might just disappear.
I'm so happy for you and your sweet DH too!. (Just noticed your husband looks a lot like my Uncle Matt)

By that point last night all three of us were exhausted. We really have a lot of lease work to do. I think I'll need a lot of puppy advice from you who've had more practice in puppy training. We haven't had a puppy since 1984! He did sleep all through the night & I actually woke him this morning at 6 am when I got up.

Funny story. When we were young we had a neighbor who was retired from the tobacco company. He always called my DH Daryl, said he looked just like a guy he'd worked with.

This is definitely going to be an adventure.

Sandy Navas
February 15th, 2018, 10:25 AM
I had friends who got a new Doberman puppy and that puppy grew LEGS - he was the cutest, yet funniest dog because as he reached 'teenager' time the legs were all over the place. Enjoy - and I'll take some of that puppy breath when you get a chance.

cv quilter
February 15th, 2018, 10:34 AM
Ryker is adorable. That's a fantastic BD present for your DH...who is so cute holding his new puppy.

seaturtle
February 15th, 2018, 11:16 AM
Very cute - it's been a long time since we had a puppy...lots of energy!

Carlie Wolf
February 15th, 2018, 11:26 AM
I'll give you two "tips" because they'll happen pretty fast :-)

Carlie taught me the first one. Wolf packs absolutely live for their pups and teach them the rules ever so gently when they are babies. The teething stage does happen fast and it's upon you before you know it. When the pups were getting riotous in their nipping frenzies Carlie use to take her mouth and place it around their muzzle to stop them from going overboard with her. There was no biting movement it was a holding it closed technique. If you just place the palm of your hand over the top of the pups muzzle and let the fingers slip around to keep it closed it seems to speed up teaching them not to bite at your hands . They don't mean to bite...your hand is just their teething ring :-) You can squeeze firmly or not but it also gives you control. You can say No when you do it but it's actually not necessary unless you want to teach them No at the same time.

Once they start teething take some face cloths , roll them up tightly and wet them. Put into the freezer. Take them out as needed. Puppies like to chew on them and the cold helps numb their gums. You can use ice cubes too for the same thing.

Carolnnc
February 15th, 2018, 12:34 PM
I'll give you two "tips" because they'll happen pretty fast :-)

Carlie taught me the first one. Wolf packs absolutely live for their pups and teach them the rules ever so gently when they are babies. The teething stage does happen fast and it's upon you before you know it. When the pups were getting riotous in their nipping frenzies Carlie use to take her mouth and place it around their muzzle to stop them from going overboard with her. There was no biting movement it was a holding it closed technique. If you just place the palm of your hand over the top of the pups muzzle and let the fingers slip around to keep it closed it seems to speed up teaching them not to bite at your hands . They don't mean to bite...your hand is just their teething ring :-) You can squeeze firmly or not but it also gives you control. You can say No when you do it but it's actually not necessary unless you want to teach them No at the same time.

Once they start teething take some face cloths , roll them up tightly and wet them. Put into the freezer. Take them out as needed. Puppies like to chew on them and the cold helps numb their gums. You can use ice cubes too for the same thing.

OMG, thank you!!! He is chewing like a fiend on his toys. He did try mouthing DH last night and I told him he better not let Ryker put his teeth on him. DH is going to need more training than Ryker. He let the kids get away with everything when they were growing up!

Nwmnteacher
February 15th, 2018, 12:51 PM
What a gorgeous pup!

Vonnie
February 15th, 2018, 02:20 PM
Your new furbaby is so adorable! And I'm so glad to see his ears are not cropped!

Carlie Wolfe, I did not realize how much the older dogs trained the younger ones. The older dogs taught the younger ones to poop next to the back fence. Our last two dogs went poop where ever! They did not have any elder training.

Carolnnc
February 15th, 2018, 07:05 PM
Your new furbaby is so adorable! And I'm so glad to see his ears are not cropped!

Carlie Wolfe, I did not realize how much the older dogs trained the younger ones. The older dogs taught the younger ones to poop next to the back fence. Our last two dogs went poop where ever! They did not have any elder training.

We got to him before they cropped his ears but they had already docked the tail. The trainer tried & tried to convince us it was best to crop the ears. I finally told him I'd discuss it with my vet and I am sure my vet will say no. The thought of chopping half his ear off makes me cringe.

Hulamoon
February 15th, 2018, 07:22 PM
We got to him before they cropped his ears but they had already docked the tail. The trainer tried & tried to convince us it was best to crop the ears. I finally told him I'd discuss it with my vet and I am sure my vet will say no. The thought of chopping half his ear off makes me cringe.

And that's what make them look scary, like you see in shows and movies. He looks more lovable.

auntstuff
February 15th, 2018, 07:25 PM
There is absolutely no good reason for chopping off body parts on puppies. Its barbaric and only idiots persist in doing so. Outside of dogfighting, it simply serves no purpose.

Caroline T.
February 15th, 2018, 07:42 PM
There is absolutely no good reason for chopping off body parts on puppies. Its barbaric and only idiots persist in doing so. Outside of dogfighting, it simply serves no purpose.

I agree with you 100%, and in fact, here's two good reasons for NOT cropping ears....both "looks" are pretty much permanent...

Hulamoon
February 15th, 2018, 07:49 PM
I agree with you 100%, and in fact, here's two good reasons for NOT cropping ears....both "looks" are pretty much permanent...

That proves what I said. Which one would you run away from.

Vonnie
February 16th, 2018, 01:10 AM

The bottom one is probably in pain and is very irritable. My oldest brother and his wife first doberman (the very large one) had her ears and tail cropped before they got her. After she passed they adopted another doberman but were able to get her without all the cropping.