PDA

View Full Version : off to the hospital.....

bubba
February 14th, 2018, 07:12 PM
Taking Tiffany from urgent care to the ER. She is having some sort of relapse and they are saying she will be there three to five days. I'll post more later......

Bubby
February 14th, 2018, 07:43 PM
I'm praying all will go well and she can come home soon.

Sandy Navas
February 14th, 2018, 07:49 PM
Oh, Pat. Prayer, gentle hugs, lots of love headed your way.

Monique
February 14th, 2018, 08:25 PM
I will add my prayers too.

bubba
February 14th, 2018, 08:25 PM
You know it's not good when you are in a triage room within a minute and a treatment room within five. I have not seen anyone but MM and his infection last year this sick.........

Hope for strength.

jjkaiser
February 14th, 2018, 08:39 PM
Oh that poor girl she had been through so much. Not a good way to spend Valentines Day. Thank goodness she has you, you are a good Mom!

stitching woman
February 14th, 2018, 08:40 PM
Many hugs and prayers coming your way.

grammaterry
February 14th, 2018, 08:42 PM
Oh no. You surely have had your share of worry

Caroline T.
February 14th, 2018, 08:42 PM
You know it's not good when you are in a triage room within a minute and a treatment room within five. I have not seen anyone but MM and his infection last year this sick.........

Hope for strength.

Sounds like Urgent Care called ahead! Sending Tiffany prayers and hugs.

Tracie T
February 14th, 2018, 08:57 PM
Prayers for Tiffany and for you.

MRoy
February 14th, 2018, 09:06 PM
Prayers for you all.

KPH
February 14th, 2018, 09:37 PM
Lifting prayers! I hope they find out what's causing her distress.

Simply Quilting
February 14th, 2018, 09:54 PM
Praying!!!

KarenC
February 14th, 2018, 10:10 PM
Praying for both of you.

Debbie Watters
February 14th, 2018, 10:13 PM
Prayers sent ...

SallyO'Sews
February 14th, 2018, 10:41 PM
Praying, dear one.

Carolnnc
February 14th, 2018, 11:04 PM
Prayers for Tiffany.

Ginny B
February 14th, 2018, 11:21 PM
Oh no! Prayers for Tiffany and you guys too.

Anitamae56
February 14th, 2018, 11:31 PM
Many prayers sent your way!

bubba
February 14th, 2018, 11:32 PM
Thanks everyone. I am exhausted! They did lots of tests and all came back clear. The poop test results take 24 - 48 hours and that will be the one that shows if the c-diff has risen it's ugly head, even tho this nurse and the doctor at the ER are positive it has.

I realize she is 37 years old, but that was awful to see her in so much pain and so sick. Guess it's true, they always are your babies.

Thanks again!

Cathy F
February 15th, 2018, 12:14 AM
Adding prayers for Tiffany and you.

Caroline T.
February 15th, 2018, 12:32 AM
Did they admit her?

GaGa
February 15th, 2018, 12:40 AM
Continued prayers for Tiffany and your entire family.

bubba
February 15th, 2018, 01:03 AM
Did they admit her?

Nope.....lots of blood tubes were drawn (over a dozen!), a UA, a catscan, more bloodwork and a couple doses of morphine and some IV fluids and they sent her home.

Quite frankly, I was surprised!

JaniceR
February 15th, 2018, 01:20 AM
I am so sorry Tiffany is going through so much pain and I know it hurts you so much to see your child hurting! They are indeed always our babies. My prayers will continue for all of you.

LLLinda
February 15th, 2018, 01:45 AM
Lord, please hold this family in your hands.

Granny Judy
February 15th, 2018, 02:52 AM
They will always be Our Babies... Know that my love and prayers are for you and Tiffany.

kaydee
February 15th, 2018, 03:41 AM
Could it be IBS? She's the right age, and is suffering a lot of stress right now.

There is a type of IBS where the colon constricts. The pain is enormous (like having a kidney stone). Even a pain pill doesn't totally dull the pain (just makes it tolerable). Vomiting is often present. Can last for many hours at each attack. It's brought on by stress.

There is a medication that can relax the colon during such an attack. If she takes the med during such an attack, and the pain subsidies, then the doc knows that's what's causing the pain.

Sorry for her. But really glad it's not cancer!

bubba
February 15th, 2018, 03:57 AM
Could it be IBS? She's the right age, and is suffering a lot of stress right now.

There is a type of IBS where the colon constricts. The pain is enormous (like having a kidney stone). Even a pain pill doesn't totally dull the pain (just makes it tolerable). Vomiting is often present. Can last for many hours at each attack. It's brought on by stress.

There is a medication that can relax the colon during such an attack. If she takes the med during such an attack, and the pain subsidies, then the doc knows that's what's causing the pain.

Sorry for her. But really glad it's not cancer!

The endoscopy/colonoscopy she had showed she does not have IBS. That was one of the first things I asked the doctor that day.
The prescription they gave her, whose name I can't remember, sounds like what you are talking about.

To make matters worse for me, I made a new dish that sounded good for dinner.....well, it was edible but it stinks. My house smells like what you can imagine and now Yoda, who does not eat people food, has puked all over the kitchen! I do not handle puke well and had to clean that up while dealing with the stink from the depths of someones bowels and trying to get him outside........is it tomorrow yet?

Monique
February 15th, 2018, 07:17 AM
Aw poor you.

Star lover
February 15th, 2018, 08:23 AM
Oh Pat, so much for Tiffany and y'all to be going through. I'll pray for all of you.....incliding the docs. That they find something that helps Tiffany. Yeah, we never out grow being a mom. Hugs and love to all!

Iris Girl
February 15th, 2018, 08:34 AM
Oh no, hoping this gets her back on track. Sending healing thoughts,wishes and hugs.

Sandy Navas
February 15th, 2018, 10:31 AM
Pat, would you please stop using aroma fonts when you post things?

Sure hope Tiff is feeling better and your hair is still on your head.

sew-what2015
February 15th, 2018, 11:03 AM
So much troubles and woes! It's a lot to deal with. Prayers continue for all.

seaturtle
February 15th, 2018, 11:15 AM
Hope she's feeling better. You can't catch a break, can you?

MissMay
February 15th, 2018, 11:51 AM
Wish we could come over to help with the cleanup. Keeping you and Tiffany in my prayers.

mommadeb
February 15th, 2018, 03:17 PM
Good Golly Miss Molly! You certainly have your hands full. Hang in there and prayers to all of you that everyone gets feeling better soon.

And my babies are still my babies, even at 24, 26 and 30.

bubba
February 15th, 2018, 05:19 PM
I have not heard from her today, so I'm hoping it's a good thing. I'm not going to call as I don't want to wake her if she is sleeping.

I spoke at great length yesterday to the doctor. I knew this was something hard to get rid of, but didn't know it can take several months (a year or more!!) with relapses along the way. If the c-diff test comes back positive, the antibiotic they are giving her this time is supposed to be the best for it and also the last option when it comes to antibiotics. The next treatment is something kind of gross, even tho it's interesting to me, so I won't even go into that!!

Thank you all again for your thoughts, prayers and concern. I'm going to tell the 40 year old there is no way her turn is next year!

Star lover
February 15th, 2018, 05:25 PM
Thank you for the update.

Midge
February 15th, 2018, 06:26 PM
So sorry to hear Tiffany is still struggling with the C. diff infection. It sounds like you are getting very good advice that allows you to frame this struggle into the uncertain situation it is. As a nurse practitioner I encountered many patients with this terrible infection, and often even the two antibiotics that can treat this infection don't give a successful result. And of course when something is very very wrong with the bowel, Tiffany's nutritional status will suffer terribly, and that will make it even harder to overcome. You must have adequate protein to get better. I have a friend whose 3 year old suffered this way for over 2 years. She even stopped growing. It was truly a nightmare. She was one of the first children in the nation who received a fecal transplant, and it saved her life. Today she is healthy, can go to school, takes dance, and plays t ball. She is a bright and capable little girl. Truly, if this treatment is necessary, it may not be as bad as it seems. In fact, people get better rather quickly. Hang in there!

Angelia
February 15th, 2018, 10:52 PM
I just read this--no idea if it will be helpful, but I wanted to share it as a possibility: http://www.kansashealthsystem.com/en/medical-services/fecal-microbiota-transplantation/patient-stories/patrice-stech?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=transplant&utm_content=FMTB

This may be your "gross" possibility.

Best wishes.

MSN
February 16th, 2018, 01:45 AM
I have two friends whose elderly moms had the transplant procedure. They are both thriving afterwards. One friend was the donor for her mom. But they now have artificial fecal matter (or as my pharmacist friend calls it, "pseudo-s***") used for the transplant. What a world we live in!