PDA

View Full Version : Another High School Shooting - Parkland, FL

Judy, USMC
February 14th, 2018, 06:35 PM
Reportedly 14 victims ~ don't know their medical status. Shooter in custody. Makes me cry for the parents and shake my head.

Absolutely no reason for young teens to be running in a panic from school with their hands in the air with many of them afraid and crying.

ETA: Just reported there are a "number of fatalities." Prayers offered.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
February 14th, 2018, 07:36 PM
This so sad and a waste of good lives.

Sandy Navas
February 14th, 2018, 07:48 PM
Totally, totally uncalled for.

Monique
February 14th, 2018, 08:27 PM
Terrible, terrible.

Caroline T.
February 14th, 2018, 08:48 PM
My heart breaks for the students, their families and the entire community.

And while there is never a good side to these types of terrible events, I'm (not quite the word I'm looking for, but I think you'll understand) "grateful" that the shooter surrendered, so that maybe, just maybe, there will be some kind of explanation as to why he snapped. Not that it will be any comfort to anyone, but maybe it will help prevent at least one more horrific event like this.

cv quilter
February 14th, 2018, 09:00 PM
I'm at a loss tonight....I pray for our young people,, parents, family, teachers. I hurt and I don't know what else to do except pray//Lord God..

jjkaiser
February 14th, 2018, 10:32 PM
Another senseless tragedy, and I heard that the school even had an armed guard on the premises when this occurred. I am glad the shooter was not killed, maybe we can learn something here to prevent the next one. My heart goes out to all the parents and especially the parents of the shooter. I bet they are getting a lot of the blame.

Star lover
February 15th, 2018, 07:47 AM
So so very sad and heart breaking for all involved. My heart and prayers go out to those affected by such a tragedy.

Astatoo
February 15th, 2018, 12:21 PM
My heart breaks for the students, their families and the entire community.

And while there is never a good side to these types of terrible events, I'm (not quite the word I'm looking for, but I think you'll understand) "grateful" that the shooter surrendered, so that maybe, just maybe, there will be some kind of explanation as to why he snapped. Not that it will be any comfort to anyone, but maybe it will help prevent at least one more horrific event like this.

I was thinking this same way. Hopefully some clarity/answers can be gotten from this young, troubled lad and future tragedies can be avoided.

LLLinda
February 16th, 2018, 03:43 PM
Sometimes I dread even turning on the news.