PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday - today is the day!

Blondie
February 7th, 2012, 08:54 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/2012/sigs/309313.jpg

Good Morning Folksies

Yep, this is it. Today is the day. In case you can't tell by the look of purrfect contentment on lil kitty face above - In about two hours I will be at the LQS picking up my babylock. Oy, what a month!
I just couldn't maneuver myself, and everyone else yesterday skillfully enough to get to the store in a timely manner.
But wait! They open at 8:30; it is now 6:55 and I am already dressed and ready to go.
Dunno what I will do first but I do know that I am not going to be cooking dinner today. Hubs has been warned to leave me the heckfire shoot alone. I told him if all I did was stroke and stare at my baby, that would be fine with me. Luscious knows me so very well and sagely agreed to give me time.

Ladies and gents, I sure hope that y'all have a super duper day.

MRoy
February 7th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Awwww, what a sweet picture! Blondie, have a wonderful day with your Babylock.

brittyboo07
February 7th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Blondie I can just picture you twirling the thread around your finger and talking softly giggling with your machine haha!!!! Enjoy!

I am getting ready to head to work so I will check back in with you later. Still sick but headed to work anyway. Might leave early to head to the clinic.

Beakkmom
February 7th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Blondie, glad to hear that you will be reunited with your baby today; and Britt hope you shake this sickness thing soon, it has been dogging you for too long! Myrna, happy Tuesday, hope your day is fabulous!

I'll walk to work (carefully) and enjoy the beauty of the snow.

Prayers for Emily and Heaven as well as quilty friends near and far,

Lin

Monique
February 7th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Good morning friends.

I finally got the album up titled Winterlude 2012. Have a peak at the ice and snow sculptures.

I finished the Valentine Table runner yesterday. It is a gift for my secret sister for tonight. So yes I have two meetings today. I also went for a walk after all that sewing.

I received a call yesterday from the jewellers where I took a ruby and diamond bracelet to have appraised for repair. Going to cost $200 to repair. Holy man I haven't got that kind of money. I think I will take it to another place and see what they say.

So that is about all I have for today. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Blondie, I hope everything goes according to plan for you.

Britt, take care of yourself girl. Can't have you sick for too long.

Lin enjoy your walk.

A good day to you Myrna.

aliaslaceygreen
February 7th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Aww, Blondie, that kittie looks so content! I am glad you will be reunited with your Babylock....

I am up early on my day off, making my list and checking it twice, gathering all the pieces and parts while Layla is still asleep. She is a night owl, didn't go to sleep till after 1am, but I also know she will probably sleep till I wake her!

We had a good night, rocking to the classics, like Raffi, the Beatles, Elton and the Beach Boys...

Miss Tatiana was left with the vets last night, I need to go collect her and see whats up.
I need to take two photos to enter into this months Art show down in Petersburg.
Mail all those Valentine cards, too...
And then take the baby to show off at work!

Everyone have a great day!

brittyboo07
February 7th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Well I am sitting here at my desk but that is about all i can say! I made my appt but they can not see me till tomorrow so i will just have to muddle through today and tomorrow till my appt. Thought about staying home but I am in charge of a fundraiser at school this week so I really need to be there. Thought about falling asleep at my desk but I am sure that someone would walk in if I did lol. Anyway I will make it! I am making sure to keep fluids down and cough meds every four hours!

Blondie that is the cutest pic! Again, have a blast today with your machine but go easy on her!

Lin walking to work in the snow? how close are you to work?

Monique did you post a pic of your table runner? Hope you can get the bracelet fixed!

Trish enjoy your day off!!!

Oh I got my email info from Q4K about starting up a local chapter and well.... there does seem like a lot to it so I am going to take some time and pray about it and see what happens. It is a very interesting read for sure.

mrsg730
February 7th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Congrats on your new Baby(lock). I know how it feels, my hubby and children bought me the Laura Ashely NX 2000 for my birthday and I was sooo excited. I was happy that my company gives us our birthday off so I was able to send the hubby to work kids to school and spend the whole day with my Bertha. I named her Bertha for "B"rother and "B"irthday. After work, cooking dinner doing homework with the kids, Bertha and spend a little quality time together everyday.

Enjoy!!!

Sandy Navas
February 7th, 2012, 11:21 AM
This ole lady is just peaking in to see what everyone is doing today. I am headed back to try to finish my kitchen scavenger hunt . . . cleaning, washing walls, cabinets, shelves and discarding all types of unused items . . . thrift store donations, here I come.

Nana's Cooking School this afternoon - almost feel like I wish I hadn't started this. Does anyone know where I can find some GUMPTION? I checked at the grocery store and they don't carry it.

No sewing today unless I get a chance this evening. Guild meeting was last night and one of the members displayed and talked about Civil War quilts. She's doing a reproduction of one that was simply spectacular. Didn't get to see my secret pal open her package so have no idea if my Twisted Heart was a hit or not.

Sending hugs and prayers. Everyone enjoy the day and play, play, play!!

oldgurl4
February 7th, 2012, 11:44 AM
LOL...LOL Good Morning All!

Well ~Sunshine~ !! I guess We'll Hear from Ya in a Month or Soooooo..... Huhhh? LOL...LOL

I can Just See U Nowwww......

"My PRECIOUSssssssss"

Haa-haa!!

You all have a Blessed Healthy and Safe Day.

I'm back to work....Blaaaa!

debinmalaga
February 7th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Good morning all! Not in to work till 11:30 so got some housework taken care of and lots of cuddling with the dog! DH at work and DD dropped in for the day from college, she's just home for a doctor's appointment but great to see her, if only for a few minutes. Love an empty house on a sunny morning when the chores are done! Feels like playtime, but it's off to work I go, drat it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and gets at least a little sewing time in. Blondie, it's almost 11 so I'm guessing you've been reunited with your beloved Babylock by now!

brittyboo07
February 7th, 2012, 12:46 PM
hahahahha!!!!!! My precious lol now that is great!!!!!!

CrazyMtnLady
February 7th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Good Morning Quilties! I have been up for hours but as soon as I sat down here my DH decided HE needed to get online and check out some auctions he has going on. ARRRRG!!! Plus I had to take time out and give TarButt a bath. She decided that while she was outside this morning she would roll in some foul substance, so it was into the bathtub for her. Then I had to take a shower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It always kills my back bending over the tub to give the dogs a bath, so now I am in pain. So looks like a pain pill and a nap later.

Need to set myself down and get some sewing done. But some days I just don't have any energy.

brittyboo07
February 7th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Donna I am the same way it kills my back to give my dog a bath in the tub! As long as it is warm enough outside I give him a bath on the deck using the garden hose! In the winter time he gets neglected in the bath department haha (just gets a few)!

Blondie
February 7th, 2012, 02:00 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/2012/sigs/196680708696236077_R85zhOPN_b.jpg

PAM! how well you know me. The first thing I did when I saw my old dinged up babylock was say MY PRECIOUS! Then I started in laughing and have had a maniacal giggle all the way home.
Okay, enough of the small talk . . . I have her all set up, came upstairs to get another pot of joe on, and it's back down to the basement with MY PRECIOUS . Oh yeah, if you don't see me in a while, don't send for help. You know where I will be.
Later, folksies!

brittyboo07
February 7th, 2012, 02:16 PM
You better take that pot of coffee and some food down there with you might be a while before you come up for air!

KiltedQuilter
February 7th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Happy Tuesday!
Exciting things afoot in Scotland for Project Linus! I'll keep you all posted...on another note, it's VERY cold here today brrr, snow? who knows?

Hope you're all having a great day, tomorrow's "hump" day, how'd that happen? :icon_beuj:

brittyboo07
February 7th, 2012, 03:32 PM
it happened slowly! It should be like Friday already!

toggpine
February 7th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Ditching the PowerPoint project another day. I had al of the bright kids fabric out yesterday to let them play. So today is cutting day. Might possibly get some sewing done this evening.
That winter sun shows off all of the dirty windows! I really should wash them. :icon_hihi: yeah right!

You all have a great day!
Cathy
In goes the audio-book, and out comes the rotary cutter.......

KiltedQuilter
February 7th, 2012, 04:40 PM
^Britt seems you are having the reverse of my week, it seems to be going so fast! :D

brittyboo07
February 7th, 2012, 07:10 PM
well i think that my week is going slow because I am sick lol

Divine Daisy
February 7th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Ditching the PowerPoint project another day. I had al of the bright kids fabric out yesterday to let them play. So today is cutting day. Might possibly get some sewing done this evening.
That winter sun shows off all of the dirty windows! I really should wash them. :icon_hihi: yeah right!

You all have a great day!
Cathy
In goes the audio-book, and out comes the rotary cutter.......

I have a policy on window cleaning. When they cut out so much light you are using more electricity.....THATS when you clean then

Sandy Navas
February 7th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Alison, I thought that was my policy. My grand daughters LOVE to wash windows for me - good thing because we have sooooooooooo many. But it's too cold to do the outside and they are the ones that need it.