PDA

View Full Version : Happy Monday morning

Monique
February 12th, 2018, 09:43 AM

Good morning, I see sunshine this morning. What a beautiful day it shall be. Sorry I am a little late, slept a bit longer. I was awoken by Les TWICE apparently because I was snoring. I can't believe that, but, it did take me a much longer time to fall asleep.

I did NOTHING yesterday but a load of wash. Today is a sew day with Bonnie and I am not exactly sure what I will be working on this morning. I have a few rows lined up.

I haven't found a place for the treadle based table yet. I also need to get the memory quilt sandwiched and finish the top for the second one. Tomorrow is Guild.

Today's menu is baked beans, simmering as I write. Bonnie is providing lunch today. Tomorrow should be a tootin' good time.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

JCY
February 12th, 2018, 09:58 AM
Good Morning ~ We warmed up to 41 yest. so a lot of snow melted. The main streets were dry when I drove to church. All the side streets were snow packed. Chance of some flurries today. I spent most of the afternoon piecing blocks on the latest quilt, a Quarter Log Cabin. The fabrics are bright & colorful from my Kaffe Fassett and batiks stash. Maybe later today I'll try again on the Tiara to see if it will stitch correctly. Otherwise, it's probably time for it to be serviced. So in the mean time, I'll keep piecing blocks.

I watched the Olympics last night. Hopped up on commercials to fix my supper, do the dishes, walk around & stretch. It's a lot of sitting. I do enjoy the figure skating. I hope our USA skiers do well whenever the weather cooperates. It sure looks bitter cold over there.

Today will be laundry, a trip to the groc. store, & more sewing.

KPH
February 12th, 2018, 10:04 AM
Good Morning Monique and all that follow,

It's Monday, so Mike will take me to pick up the two younger kiddos. Not sure what we'll have for lunch since Nana and Nandy took the kids home from church yesterday, and I picked up lunch for me and my two boys. I'd bought a Scout Camp card Saturday, and it had a one time $5 coupon for Bono's BBQ so I've already gotten my money back on the coupon. Now to remember to use it when we go out to the other places listed.. like Ace Hardware and Dicks Sporting Goods.

I got two loads of laundry done yesterday. I think after the kids go back to Nana and Nandy's I'll start packing up some of the things in DH's dresser drawers. If his things can help someone in need, I want them to go there. He had so many knit shirts, all too big for the boys. His cotton shirts I may hold on to for a while, I don't know if I'll be able to do anything with them, but maybe in time.

I'm looking forward to getting the fabric from M*. I have fabric set aside for a checkered Dresden, but it's just not calling me. The crown runner that I started is sitting there pinned together in blocks, but I can't touch it either. I was supposed to finish it they day DH passed. The only thing I've been working on is my little hexies but only a few a day. My mojo seems to be focused on danged paperwork. Which I hope will change tomorrow since we're going to the lawyer.

I told Nandy (Carl) yesterday at church, I'd done 3 estates in NC. I was tired of doing estate paperwork and since you HAVE to use a lawyer in FL, why not let someone else have the math headaches. I've contacted all the accounts we had opened, gotten all the necessaries transferred to my name. So there isn't that much more to do until the dr. bills start coming in. Part of me feels like I'm copping out, and not using this to teach my kids what to do, but I'm just tired of it already!

Well, I'd best get dressed and get Mike up so we can pick up the kiddos. Cartoon morning at Grandma's... and blocks, lots of foam blocks!

Prayers for those in need, for comfort, strength and healing touches. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings!

Be creative and have a wonderful day! Monique, have fun today!

Star lover
February 12th, 2018, 10:06 AM
Good morning Monique.....and Everyone!

Ooooo, I love gifts from me to me! In fact I did order some fabric last night. So I can't wait to see what I got myself!
We're to have sun today too! Yeah, can't remember the last time I saw it!

Oh Monique.....it wasn't you snoring it was Les....he woke himself from it! I'm stuck in with that! Sounds like a rip roaring good time planned for the next couple of days.....

Well, we got 4" of snow Saturday on top of the 8" we had. DH got stuck in the pile at the entrance of our cul de sac. I went out with a shovel and started digging. Suddenly I was joined by neighbors! We're so blessed. It took over 1/2 hour, but we got DH up the drive. Hurt my knee and my back ached. Saw no sign of the city all night.

Our grinch neighbor tried to leave several times and all he did was get stuck and make a mess. I couldn't help - knee, back. DH said no way. The guy was using pieces of wood under the tires and flooring the gas. His 30+ year old son was helping and all DH could think was he was going to kill his son with the flying wood. He wouldn't stop gunning the gas. DH wanted no part of it.

We couldn't go to church, so we watched live stream. Heard a noice and it was our son! He works for a construction compnany and had been plowing for 9 days straight. His boss gave him the am off to rest. He was to start plowing again in the afternoon. He came to our house and plowed the court.

Happy days. All the neighbors turned out and we all had a grand time. Sons boss cancelled the plowing and our son brought his son. I watched him, while my DH and son shoveled the drive (which we didn't realize, but we had ice on top of the snow....how does that happen when it's 28' out?). I had a blast. And this is my DGS....making a snowball wall. He's 2.

Again....we are truly blessed!

Hope everyone is well, happy, and healthy. Prayer and hugs to all who need them.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
February 12th, 2018, 10:09 AM
Haha. Good morning Monique.
I placed an order from MSQC yesterday using the gift certificates I got last December. I also used up the $5 cash they gave as a thank you for patience on shipping delays.

It's been a busy 3 days. Friday I sandwiched and quilted on my DSM the chair rails and stars quilt. I now have the technique for sandwiching down pat, and no stretching out on a floor or table. It was flat, flat flat. No issues quilting but I wont quilt any larger quilts on it. Hard on the shoulder and neck. Almost finished hand sewing the bonding and will post. I used eucalyptus batting. Love it.
I went on a road trip with my girlfriend to a store that put out the word on a Flash 2-day Sale. All the batiks and Shimmer line from Znorthcott were 50% off. I picked up the border for a batik quilt and the new Anglela Walter ruler called Squiggy. I love that the shop owner gives any member of a guild 20% off. It is a small country quilt store and her prices are already 10-20% lower than in town. So for me it is worth the 40 minute drive. And she has the most beautiful and complete collections I have seen.

I invited my girlfriend to dinner on Sunday and showed her the progress on her quilt. She is thrilled. It had been raining when she got here and had to scrape ice from her car when she left. She called to say she got home safe, but there was a big multiple car accident at a major intersection not far from our places. I'm glad she was safe.

Staying in today, as the guy who bought a teak buffet we had is coming back to get the hutch today. Will hopefully finish the hand binding.

I can hear the backfiring all the way here Monique. We also love our home made baked beans.

Bubby
February 12th, 2018, 11:00 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Jeff has the day off for Washington's birthday. Next Monday is a paid day off for Truman Day. President Harry Truman was from Missouri.

We're still iced in. Tomorrow it should begin to thaw, but the water will freeze again tomorrow night. Dottie hates going potty on frozen grass, so we know it down with a shovel. Oh the things we do for our furbabies. Olive loved ice and snow and had no issues with winter weather. Dot, not so much....she's like me. I hate being cold.

Monique, remember this when we jumped rope or did hand clapping? "Beans, beans, the musical fruit. The more you eat the more you toot. The more you toot the better you feel....you should eat beans with every meal!

Wishing everyone a fantastic Monday!

grammaterry
February 12th, 2018, 12:08 PM
Oooh, I think what I have is called winter doldrums. I don't want to get up, I don't have anything I want to do, I don't have any motivation or anything I'm looking forward to today. So that must be what they call this. Its been raining for two days, the woods frogs are singing continually and its hard to sleep, the house is dreary. Not so cold we need to burn wood but damp.
Really, today is presidents day? I thought it was around the 22nd (you know Washington's birthday). I guess Lincoln's was the 12th. Seems like we live in an "I can't wait society" Everything is moved up...Christmas décor in Sept, Halloween in August, No Thanksgiving, Valentines day as soon as Christmas candy is put away...oh my.
Finished piecing and ironing the Pioneer quilt. My goodness it is brown. When I chose the fabric I was certain this quilt would pop with the oranges and yellows. Baby DD told me all she could see was brown and she was right. Hopefully it will bring a good donation for the Shriners. Its masculine and sometimes that's all it takes.
Can't wait to get outside and start taming those flower beds. I wanted to do it yesterday but the rain and mud probably aren't a good way to get started. My gold fish all lived through the cold spell in the freezing ice and I am so happy about that. These fish are all from eggs. The original goldfish had gotten to be about 12 inches and a blue heron came and ate everyone. I was devastated that fall two years ago. Then, in the spring, low and behold there were 12 little bitty fishes swimming around. Now they are getting pretty big (maybe 6 inches) No sign of little fishes.

Simply Quilting
February 12th, 2018, 12:08 PM
Good morning! It is cold but sunny here. Thankfully, I have no where that I have to be today. This is a good thing since I have dealt with being sick starting on Friday. I am starting to feel better if the sinus headache would go away, things would be much better. I had been so excited for the weekend as I had planned on finishing up what I could with the tablerunners - I have two that I need to get fabric for. Instead I spent a lot of time in bed. In the long run, it is better that I rested so hopefully, being sick doesn't drag out very long as there is a busy week of activities planned.

Have a good day everyone :)

Granny Judy
February 12th, 2018, 02:51 PM
We have 4/5 inches of snow on the ground from the week end storms. But today the sun is shinning........ Yea!!!150260

Took one of my puppies in for his rabies shot. And then had time to enjoy my cuppa. Today things seem to be going backwards. Still have last nights supper dishes to do.. thankfully we have a dish washer. Kids went out to the "other Mother's" house to help get her tablet to load books..;. she reads more than I do - And I read an average of 2 books a week.

My little guy150259 is now out of his wheels and moving about on his own. Uses his back legs pretty good after 3 months of recovery. I massage and do rom (range of motion) on them everyday. He still needs help getting up steps and can't jump up on the furniture, but is running getting under foot like he used to.

I went thru my goodies in the sewing room and realize I have so many projects "in the que". I'll be 90 + before I get to them.... so it's time to stop buying and do more sewing. It's just that I see so many wonderful quilts out there that I want to make... Like http://patcherymenagerie.blogspot.com/ (http://patcherymenagerie.blogspot.com/) diamond pattern... I have more than enough fabric. LOL

Wishing the best to all and prayers going out to those in need. Smile, It makes everyone wonder what you are up to.

Bubby
February 12th, 2018, 03:51 PM
Good morning! It is cold but sunny here. Thankfully, I have no where that I have to be today. This is a good thing since I have dealt with being sick starting on Friday. I am starting to feel better if the sinus headache would go away, things would be much better. I had been so excited for the weekend as I had planned on finishing up what I could with the tablerunners - I have two that I need to get fabric for. Instead I spent a lot of time in bed. In the long run, it is better that I rested so hopefully, being sick doesn't drag out very long as there is a busy week of activities planned.

Have a good day everyone :)

I hope you feel better soon. Lots of liquids help in the long run.