PDA

View Full Version : More Prayers Please....Rylie Scoliosis Update

Tracie T
February 9th, 2018, 08:22 PM
Hello, friends. I just wanted to give you an update on my daughter Rylie's orthopedic surgeon appt today. She will be needing surgery but they are waiting for 6 mos to see if she grows anymore since she's only 10 years old and then the surgery will be scheduled. They will not be giving her a brace to use because her spine is at 59 degrees already and it would be pointless.

Rylie will need to go for an MRI this Tuesday and they said it will take up to 2 1/2 hours. Please pray for her to be able to get through this and to be able to remain calm and still for long periods of time. She will be able to watch a movie with goggles to help her through and I believe will be able to take a break half way through.

Thank you so much for listening and for the prayers.

Patsquilting
February 9th, 2018, 09:24 PM
Oh, My - absolutely prayers. My granddaughter had to have a few of the mri's on her back also. We were all prepared for her to go into a brace at the end of the summer - back to dr in Sept - somehow - her spine straightened out on it's own. It was scary - just thinking of what was to come. So, YES, I understand - and she will be in our prayers.

bubba
February 9th, 2018, 09:40 PM
Hoping for the best! I find MRI's very relaxing. They always have to wake me up when they are done!

Astatoo
February 9th, 2018, 09:52 PM
Prayers for Rylie and family.

Sandy Navas
February 9th, 2018, 10:07 PM
Most definitely - you have the prayers coming full on!!

Monique
February 9th, 2018, 10:18 PM
I hope it all goes well for all of you. Continued prayers.

KPH
February 9th, 2018, 10:35 PM
Most definitely I'll be praying for Rylie and your family. Please keep us informed as her treatment continues.

Tracie T
February 9th, 2018, 10:39 PM
Most definitely I'll be praying for Rylie and your family. Please keep us informed as her treatment continues.

Yes, I will indeed. I'll let you know how Tuesday goes. Thanks for the prayers. I'm still praying for you as well, Katrina.

Tracie T
February 9th, 2018, 10:40 PM
Thanks to all of you for your continued support. I know I say it every time but you truly are a wonderful group of people and a blessing.

seaturtle
February 9th, 2018, 10:42 PM
I hope all goes well for you - will continue to pray for her.

jjkaiser
February 9th, 2018, 11:31 PM
I hope all turns out okay for Rylie. It sounds like she has a lot of family and friends rooting for her. After the MRI results come in, I wonder if it would be possible for Rylie's parents to get in touch with the parents of one of the doctor's patients who went through the same surgery? Sometimes it is so helpful having a phone friend who you can bother and vent with in a way you wouldn't be able to call a doctor all the time without feeling you are bothering him. Not as a substitute for the doctor of course but could be a strong resource just the same. Just an idea. It's something I would try to do. My dd has open heat surgery when she was 3, I didn't think of doing this but about a year later another Mom called me whose dd was on the verge of having the same surgery so she had a lot of Mom questions for me and I think it eased her mind a lot. I know I did not mind her calling.

Cokie
February 9th, 2018, 11:36 PM
Continuing to pray for Rylie and for you.

Debbie Watters
February 9th, 2018, 11:38 PM
Prayers going for your family ...

mamo69
February 9th, 2018, 11:55 PM
MRI s are not my favorite Did the doctor mention any type of mild sedation due to age and length of MRI?

Anitamae56
February 10th, 2018, 12:23 AM
Praying for all!

TMP
February 10th, 2018, 02:23 AM
Praying for you and Rylie. I hope all goes well with the MRI.

Star lover
February 10th, 2018, 07:47 AM
Rylie and you and your family will continue in my prayers. Big hugs to all!

KarenC
February 10th, 2018, 08:56 AM
Keeping her wrapped in prayers

sew-what2015
February 10th, 2018, 09:46 AM
Prayers for Rylie.

Tracie T
February 10th, 2018, 10:20 AM
MRI s are not my favorite Did the doctor mention any type of mild sedation due to age and length of MRI?

No, but I think I'll mention to them to see what they say. I thought of that but I think they want to be able to communicate with her. I can't remember, so much info and was trying to process all this. Thanks for the info