PDA

View Full Version : Helllllllo Friday

Monique
February 9th, 2018, 08:19 AM

Good morning friends. The only thing I am sure about today is that it is FRIDAY!!! Last night he asks 'Do you want o do something tomorrow? I say, sure, what do you want to do? He says, don't know yet, tired of being in the house, think of something. I hate when he says that, because I can be just as happy staying in and sewing. So I can't think of anything specific I want to do today, so we shall see what he wants to do. Winterlude is on, maybe we can go see the ice sculptures.

There is an auction sale tomorrow that Les wants to attend. I did see a Featherweight. Hmmm, I wonder if I can get it for a good price. We shall see. There is also an open house for my friend who turns 80 soon. I hope I can make it to that too.

I went in search of a flannel sheet to put on the back of the memory quilt. Found one that is just right and got it washed yesterday. I also started the twin size with the leftovers. I decided to do the disappearing 9 patch for that one. This one will be for Sheldon's brother to have.

I must be needing sleep as this week when I have a nap, I sleep for 2 hours at a time. I didn't think I was that tired. What I need to do is get off my keester and start walking but there are no sidewalks here and I find it difficult to walk in the snow. Come on Spring!!!!

I spoke to Maizyn last night. She is all excited about coming for her March break. I told her I wanted to plan a tea party and have cupcakes. Now she wants to make cupcakes. I think the store makes then better but I guess we have some baking to do. I know we will fun and a busy week. I can hardly wait.

Phil leaves tomorrow for parts unknown. If he told me he would have to kill me. Les and I call him our 'spy'. Where are you going? Can't tell you. What are you doing? Can't tell you. hahaha

I forgot to share with you yesterday:

Save the date for QUILT CANADA 2019! Join us for Quilting Goes Viral! June 12-15, 2019 at the EY Centre, Ottawa, ON

That is exciting news for me. It is only an hour away from me. I may want to volunteer for something. It is in Vancouver, BC this year.

Well, that's it in a nutshell for me. Wishing you all a very happy weekend.

Star lover
February 9th, 2018, 08:37 AM
Mornin Monique and yes...hello Friday!

Your toon cracked me up. On my iPad I only see the top and then....how funny!

Your memory quilt is unbelievably sweet. and how nice that Sheldons brother will get one too!

Have fun today, what ever you do!

Well the snow has started....man oh man, they sure have no idea what to predict! It's been anywhere from 5-12". I'm banking on the 5". .......I can dream, can't I? Oh spring, I'm rootin for you, come on!

Managed to machine quilt 2 of the borders on one of the donation quilts. I figure I'll ache anyway once I shovel later. So bring on some meds and hopefully I'll sleep tonight.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Enjoy something ....or someone you Love! Hugs for all!

Bubby
February 9th, 2018, 09:45 AM
Good Morning Everyone. I will be making an early run to WalMart and hopefully get back home in time to feed Dottie on time.

Jeff has three-day weekends coming up for the next two weeks. That will give us some extra time to work at the apartments IF the weather lets us get there. Just the thought of it makes me want to go back to bed. We just missed the huge pile-up on I-44 last Sunday. We got through that area just before the freeze.

I'm done taking antibiotics at last and now the secondary infections are hitting me.

They say we will get ice and snow tomorrow. I'm so glad Jeff will be home. He often gets called in for snow removal because he drives the big snow plow. The more you know the more work the State throws at you even if it doesn't fall under your job description.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

JCY
February 9th, 2018, 10:03 AM
Good Morning ~ What a warm day we had yest. It got up to 68 deg.! Nice. However, a big cold front in coming down our way from the north with the chance of 1-3" of snow.

I spent most of yest. afternoon working on the taxes. I think I am done! In the eve. I put in about 40 min. of FMQ. I have just 2 rows of quilting left to do. I didn't take time yet to watch today's tutorial.

DH wants a hair cut today. Mine is ready for a trim, too, so I guess hair cuts are on the agenda for today.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
February 9th, 2018, 10:47 AM

Good morning friends. The only thing I am sure about today is that it is FRIDAY!!! Last night he asks 'Do you want o do something tomorrow? I say, sure, what do you want to do? He says, don't know yet, tired of being in the house, think of something. I hate when he says that, because I can be just as happy staying in and sewing. So I can't think of anything specific I want to do today, so we shall see what he wants to do. Winterlude is on, maybe we can go see the ice sculptures.

There is an auction sale tomorrow that Les wants to attend. I did see a Featherweight. Hmmm, I wonder if I can get it for a good price. We shall see. There is also an open house for my friend who turns 80 soon. I hope I can make it to that too.

I went in search of a flannel sheet to put on the back of the memory quilt. Found one that is just right and got it washed yesterday. I also started the twin size with the leftovers. I decided to do the disappearing 9 patch for that one. This one will be for Sheldon's brother to have.

I must be needing sleep as this week when I have a nap, I sleep for 2 hours at a time. I didn't think I was that tired. What I need to do is get off my keester and start walking but there are no sidewalks here and I find it difficult to walk in the snow. Come on Spring!!!!

I spoke to Maizyn last night. She is all excited about coming for her March break. I told her I wanted to plan a tea party and have cupcakes. Now she wants to make cupcakes. I think the store makes then better but I guess we have some baking to do. I know we will fun and a busy week. I can hardly wait.

Phil leaves tomorrow for parts unknown. If he told me he would have to kill me. Les and I call him our 'spy'. Where are you going? Can't tell you. What are you doing? Can't tell you. hahaha

I forgot to share with you yesterday:

Save the date for QUILT CANADA 2019! Join us for Quilting Goes Viral! June 12-15, 2019 at the EY Centre, Ottawa, ON

That is exciting news for me. It is only an hour away from me. I may want to volunteer for something. It is in Vancouver, BC this year.

Well, that's it in a nutshell for me. Wishing you all a very happy weekend.

Woohoo. That is exciting. Less than half an hour for me. I would still wouldn't mind a trip to Vancouver this year.

Simply Quilting
February 9th, 2018, 11:10 AM
Good morning! We are expected to have another round of snow starting today through most of the weekend. Thankfully, there is no where that I have to get out to go. I have been sewing on some table runners. I tried a new pattern - I like it but it is not quite as easy as the zig zag table runner when it comes to quilting.

Hugs and prayers to those who need them.

Have a wonderful and safe weekend everyone :)

KPH
February 9th, 2018, 11:34 AM
Good Morning All,

Monique those memory quilts are going to be so loved. We got a card yesterday from the Veteran's Assoc. they're going to be picking up in the neighborhood on 2/22. I'm debating going through Howard's closet and just donating. They had a specific need listed for clothes, but they'll take anything. There are a couple of things Howard wouldn't get rid of even though they were falling apart- his dad's air force windbreaker and his high school sweater. I'm wrestling with the if someone could use them to keep warm, that would be a good use, and he'll haunt me for giving them away.

Joy, I have all the tax stuff I could find in the file cabinet. I still have to plow through Howard's desk drawers to make sure nothing is in there. Hopefully I'll have everything ready to take to the lawyer on Tuesday.

DS#1 called this morning. They have a car situation with J moving into a booster seat, and the two younger kids still in full car seats, they're having a dickens of a time getting the booster buckled. Jim always has three kids with him and his car is small! The three seats barely fit in the back seat. So, I offered him the truck last night. The three car seats fit just fine. I only take at the most 2 kids, J still fits in E's car seat, so it just makes sense to me. We'll have to talk to the lawyer about that too. I don't need two trucks in my name. I'm going to put the truck that Mike drives in his name, DHs truck in Jim's name, and Jim's going to give us his Vibe. I'll do the insurance and maintenance for the Vibe to have something for Mike to take to pick up the kids.

I tweaked my back this morning getting a pair of socks out of the drawer. If I'd know what was going to happen, I would have gone barefooted. I've taken advil, and gotten the heating pad out. I'll be doing some stretches later, but I doubt that I'll be scrubbing the bathtub like I planned.

I'll definitely be working on the hexies once the tax sorting is done.

Prayers for those in need for: peace comfort, strength, and healing. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Thank you all for your loving support, cards and prayers. You all mean the world to me.

Star lover
February 9th, 2018, 02:30 PM
Well.....all hope of 5" is gone.....sigh. We have 5" now, if not more and it's still come down like gang busters.......and we have 2 more days of the stuff!
Happy to have some sewing to distract me......but shoveling is going to happen in the near future.....kinda takes the wind outta my sewin sails......ugh!

Editing to add....do ya think buying fabric online would cure the need for spring blues?

azmotogirl
February 9th, 2018, 02:39 PM
Well.....all hope of 5" is gone.....sigh. We have 5" now, if not more and it's still come down like gang busters.......and we have 2 more days of the stuff!
Happy to have some sewing to distract me......but shoveling is going to happen in the near future.....kinda takes the wind outta my sewin sails......ugh!

Editing to add....do ya think buying fabric online would cure the need for spring blues?

I think it's worth a try!!

MaryUK
February 9th, 2018, 09:32 PM
I definitely think fabric buying cures all ails!! You need to buy some spring colours to put you in the mood!!

Monique
February 9th, 2018, 10:22 PM
It wouldn't hurt.

grammaterry
February 9th, 2018, 10:41 PM
I tried it this morning with the daily deal. Its blue so maybe I won't be