PDA

View Full Version : A Smile

Star lover
February 9th, 2018, 08:15 AM

Let me know if you want these to continue...... or not.

Bubby
February 9th, 2018, 08:20 AM
Anita, If you are asking if we want your daily trivia thread to continue, I enjoy it very much. Is putting it together becoming a chore? If so, it's fine to discontinue it. We love you whether you do it or not.150175

Star lover
February 9th, 2018, 08:30 AM
Barb, I was wondering if y'all wanted to continue seeing a smile once in awhile.
I'll continue the trivia on weekdays until I run out of Trivia....which might take years?
But if y'all get tired of trivia, just say so......no hurt feelings. Honest!.....although I do love trivia....I know, I'm "different."

Monique
February 9th, 2018, 08:34 AM
Anita, If you are asking if we want your daily trivia thread to continue, I enjoy it very much. Is putting it together becoming a chore? If so, it's fine to discontinue it. We love you whether you do it or not.150175

I'm with Barb. I like them all.

Nwmnteacher
February 9th, 2018, 08:47 AM
Keep up the great job, Anita. I especially love the chalk pics. What an amazing talent the artist has. Do you have any information about him? I'd like to find out more.

Jeanne

Star lover
February 9th, 2018, 08:52 AM
From his site:

David Zinn has been creating original artwork in and around Ann Arbor since 1987, serving all manner of commercial clients from small shops to major municipalities while simultaneously sneaking “pointless” art into the world at large. His professional commissions have included theatrical posters, business logos, educational cartoons, landfill murals, environmental superheroes, corporate allegories and hand-painted dump trucks. His less practical creations have involved bar coasters, restaurant placemats, cake icing, and snow.

David’s temporary street art is composed entirely of chalk, charcoal and found objects, and is always improvised on location. Most of these drawings have appeared on sidewalks in Ann Arbor and elsewhere in Michigan, but many have surfaced as far away as subway platforms in Manhattan, village squares in Sweden and street corners in Taiwan. Zinn’s chalk work began in 2001 as an excuse to linger outdoors, but has since achieved global notoriety through sharing on the pages of Facebook, Instagram, Huffington Post, Graffiti Art Magazine, Bored Panda, Central China Television, Street Art Utopia, and Archie McPhee’s Endless Geyser of Awesome. His most frequent characters are Sluggo, a bright green monster with stalk eyes and irreverent habits, and Philomena, a phlegmatic flying pig. As of 2013, there have been a lot of mice as well.

David is a self-taught artist with a degree in Creative Writing and English Language from the Residential College of the University of Michigan. He has taught creative writing and scenic painting, performed in and directed several Gilbert & Sullivan operas, recorded audiobooks, and hosted two children’s radio shows (The Rug Rat Revue on WCBN-FM and The Mud Pie Cafe on Michigan Radio). David is also an avid whistler, a haphazard ukulele player, and a dutiful shirker.

Nwmnteacher
February 9th, 2018, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the information, Anita! What a "cool dude"!

Jeanne

auntstuff
February 9th, 2018, 09:16 AM
I love this guy's work.

Iris Girl
February 9th, 2018, 09:35 AM
I love the trivia and the smiles. As long as its fun for you its good. If it becomes a chore no big iussue to stop. We love you either way.

Anitamae56
February 9th, 2018, 10:33 AM
I enjoy both tremendous! But I often think of all the work and time you spend doing them. Don't make it hard for you .

Swedish leo
February 9th, 2018, 10:39 AM
From his site:

David Zinn has been creating original artwork in and around Ann Arbor since 1987, serving all manner of commercial clients from small shops to major municipalities while simultaneously sneaking “pointless” art into the world at large. His professional commissions have included theatrical posters, business logos, educational cartoons, landfill murals, environmental superheroes, corporate allegories and hand-painted dump trucks. His less practical creations have involved bar coasters, restaurant placemats, cake icing, and snow.

David’s temporary street art is composed entirely of chalk, charcoal and found objects, and is always improvised on location. Most of these drawings have appeared on sidewalks in Ann Arbor and elsewhere in Michigan, but many have surfaced as far away as subway platforms in Manhattan, village squares in Sweden and street corners in Taiwan. Zinn’s chalk work began in 2001 as an excuse to linger outdoors, but has since achieved global notoriety through sharing on the pages of Facebook, Instagram, Huffington Post, Graffiti Art Magazine, Bored Panda, Central China Television, Street Art Utopia, and Archie McPhee’s Endless Geyser of Awesome. His most frequent characters are Sluggo, a bright green monster with stalk eyes and irreverent habits, and Philomena, a phlegmatic flying pig. As of 2013, there have been a lot of mice as well.

David is a self-taught artist with a degree in Creative Writing and English Language from the Residential College of the University of Michigan. He has taught creative writing and scenic painting, performed in and directed several Gilbert & Sullivan operas, recorded audiobooks, and hosted two children’s radio shows (The Rug Rat Revue on WCBN-FM and The Mud Pie Cafe on Michigan Radio). David is also an avid whistler, a haphazard ukulele player, and a dutiful shirker.

How cool ! He has been in Sweden drawing ! Had to Google that and looked at some very nice pictures!

Thank you for posting !

SuzanneOrleansOntario
February 9th, 2018, 10:42 AM
I love the trivia and my husband enjoys that I share them with him, while we have our morning coffees. Love the smiles. Thanks for posting. If it gets too much, you could scale back to Wonder Wednesdays. Trivia TuesdayTs and Thursdays, Smiles for Saturday And Sunday.

Hulamoon
February 9th, 2018, 10:52 AM
until I run out of Trivia....which might take years

That reminded me of that commercial of the guy at the computer and said okay I'm done reading the internet. I can get lost for hours just looking at Pinterest alone!

I love both of your daily offerings :)

Debbie Watters
February 9th, 2018, 01:11 PM
Enjoy them both! As long as you enjoy doing, please continue. If life gets in the way of it, just know that we enjoyed what you shared with us! Thanks for the information and the smiles!

Henstax
February 9th, 2018, 03:38 PM
Look forward to your trivia every day and enjoy the art. Please continue.

MaggieSue
February 9th, 2018, 03:51 PM
Look forward to your trivia every day and enjoy the art. Please continue.

I so agree!!!

laura44
February 10th, 2018, 03:43 AM
I enjoy both, thanks!

Gloriana
February 11th, 2018, 12:03 AM
Yes, please!

KPH
February 11th, 2018, 12:27 AM
It's all great, I love the trivia and the smiles, but like it's been said before, if it becomes a chore and it isn't fun for you, then you take care of you! Don't burn out on us!

SallyO'Sews
February 11th, 2018, 01:29 AM
Can't speak for anyone but myself, but I love 'em all!

azmotogirl
February 11th, 2018, 11:06 AM
Yes, Please!! Luv the chalk art and your trivia.

MissMay
February 11th, 2018, 08:28 PM
Oh please continue with David's work or any other interesting artist/people/activities/etc. you come across.