PDA

View Full Version : grrrrrrrrrrrr......

bubba
February 6th, 2018, 11:12 PM
I need to VENT!!!!!!! Because I'M MAAAAD beyond belief!! 🤬😡🤬

I went to Joanns to pick up a few things for some basic sewing projects yesterday. Have been deciding if this I should post this on FB or not... but here goes.

I'm waiting in line and I dropped a $20 bill (yep that's me trying to hold everything because I didn't want a cart).

The lady in front of me picked it up. I thanked her and held my hand out, and she said, "The things found on earth are kept by the collector," and walks away. I was like oh hell No!! I looked at the person behind me standing in line, they couldn't believe it either.... this can't be real life right now, right?!

So I took a deep breath and I turned back towards the lady/thief/or whatever you wanna call her and as I approached her I said, "Do I look like I'm in the mood?! Let's not play games. Go ahead and give me back my money. "She had the nerve to ignore me completely and TRIED to walk away from me... SOOOOO, of course, I left everything and followed her into the parking lot as I was calling the police (because of course somebody's about to go to jail... not sure who at this point though, her or me). She was almost running at this point to get away from me, which was the first sign of real intelligence this lady had shown. 😂

When she got to her car she put her bags on the ground trying to quickly get her trunk open.

I was boiling at this point! I decided that her “finders keepers" rule just presented the perfect opportunity for a great teachable moment... SO... I went into track star mode and ran full speed, and grabbed her bags, and headed to my car yelling, "The things found on earth are kept by the collector!" I hopped in my car, ignoring her every attempt to get my attention.
I was outta line, I'll admit, but she was too. I was HOT, but I had a sense of satisfaction at the same time. Anyway, I get home and open the bags and what did I find?

6 packs of layer cake coordinating squares
4 yards of extra wide quilters cotton
1 pack of extra large warm and natural quilt batting
8 spools of thread
And...
A package of quilting needles!
Nearly everything to make a beautiful quilt!

I can't help but think to myself... WOW! Not bad for $20 dollars!😂😂😂

In all seriousness.... this is just a joke to see who would read the entire post.

Hopefully, I just put a smile on your face!
Thought I would give you a 2018 Laugh - hope you have a great day!

Here's hoping I get a few giggles out of this.....

KPH
February 6th, 2018, 11:20 PM
You had me going!

LindaKay75
February 6th, 2018, 11:37 PM
Bubba, I was on your side all the way.

Monique
February 6th, 2018, 11:46 PM
I heard about this at our meeting tonight!!!!

Kgrammiecaz
February 6th, 2018, 11:46 PM
I was so with you on this one LMAO. Needed this today!

MaggieSue
February 6th, 2018, 11:58 PM
Yup, you had me and I was on your side waiting for the police!!!

Grey Lady
February 7th, 2018, 12:05 AM
I was so with you. All the way!!!

bubba
February 7th, 2018, 12:29 AM
When I read it, all I could think was you better be hoping she did not get your license number because the police might beat you to your house!!

azmotogirl
February 7th, 2018, 12:37 AM
I was wondering if you were going to "take her down" in the parking lot....... haha.

Anitamae56
February 7th, 2018, 12:39 AM
You got me!! :)

Caroline T.
February 7th, 2018, 12:45 AM
I can so see you of all people following this woman and grabbing her bags, had me going until you said layer cakes though.

The few LCS joanne's might have aren't worth getting excited over.

But I certainly got a good laugh outta your story.

jjkaiser
February 7th, 2018, 12:46 AM
I thought for sure there would be some hair pulling or broken bones involved. I totally fell for this whole story. Thanks for the laugh!

tamsterg7
February 7th, 2018, 12:47 AM
Oh my, I was giggling picturing that track star run......

Hulamoon
February 7th, 2018, 12:47 AM
That was funny!

pcbatiks
February 7th, 2018, 01:20 AM
Wow....you had me too. I was thinking ...Oh no....Pat has finally snapped!

TMP
February 7th, 2018, 01:56 AM
I was a believer also and I was waiting for you to say one of you did go to jail or was in the hospital.

laura44
February 7th, 2018, 02:11 AM
hahahahahaha!!!!

Doloris
February 7th, 2018, 05:57 AM
Was with you till you said you ran full speed. Lol I know you don't run. Hahahaha

bubba
February 7th, 2018, 06:29 AM
Was with you till you said you ran full speed. Lol I know you don't run. Hahahaha

You're so funny!!! There are certain things I run for.....you know, kinda like bed jumping!!

Trish04
February 7th, 2018, 06:52 AM
Yes you got me also!

KarenC
February 7th, 2018, 07:29 AM
Funny. I was pondering when I read layer cakes. I've never seen any at JoAnns. Thanks for the laughs though.

Star lover
February 7th, 2018, 08:05 AM
Bought it.....hook, line and sinker......sure laughed.....and boy did I need it! Thank you!

Carol336
February 7th, 2018, 08:23 AM
Bought the whole story - thanks for a good laugh

Ginny B
February 7th, 2018, 09:19 AM
OMG, you had me going there. I was sitting here cheering you on.

amartin24
February 7th, 2018, 10:23 AM
That was funny and you had me! With my jaw dropped, I was picturing the whole scene.

Carlie Wolf
February 7th, 2018, 11:19 AM
Had me too. I was going through the comments and still thinking....Oh wait...it's not true? Why are they saying that? Is it true or isn't it true. I guess I just HAVE to believe the underdog always wins :-)

Nwmnteacher
February 7th, 2018, 11:26 AM
You had me until "layer cakes"!!! We don't sell those at JoAnns! :icon_bigsmile:

Patty J
February 7th, 2018, 11:36 AM
This so good, I have to show it to my sister when she comes over today. Thanks so much for the smile. I'm glad that really didn't happen to you, because if it happened to me I would have been too shocked to do anything until the lady was pulling out of the parking lot.

MissMay
February 7th, 2018, 11:45 AM
You had me also but I became just a little doubtful when you began to run. Haven't seen you so tricky in a long while, keep it up we need it.

grammaterry
February 7th, 2018, 12:33 PM
I was sooo impressed that you were confrontational . But, when you ran to your car instead of trading her her stuff for your money, I was ....well....I'm a fast reader and I didn't have to venture there.

cv quilter
February 7th, 2018, 12:35 PM
Whew!!! what a long story...and you are funny...I did read it all the way to the end and was wondering what quilt you were going to make. :) Awesome. Thanks for the wonderful story, which distracted me from the "work waiting for me in the form of housework" and giving me a smile and a laugh. Have a happy day.

bubba
February 7th, 2018, 03:26 PM
You had me until "layer cakes"!!! We don't sell those at JoAnns! :icon_bigsmile:

Really? I see them at mine occasionally.

mommadeb
February 7th, 2018, 05:35 PM
You are awful!!! :)

bec
February 7th, 2018, 06:08 PM
OMG! I was visualizing the whole thing and wondering if you were going to be the one in jail! :icon_scared: Glad it was only a story. My heart was starting to get off rhythm from all the excitement! LOL

MSN
February 7th, 2018, 11:51 PM
And I was aghast that anyone who quilts could do such a dastardly thing and have no conscience. You pulled one over on us, Pat!

SallyO'Sews
February 8th, 2018, 12:47 AM
BAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh, Pat, with everything you've been through in the past year or two, I figured you had had just enough to snap. Glad you didn't. Hugs and blessings,
~ Sally \0/

LLLinda
February 8th, 2018, 11:39 AM
You little STINKER!

GuitarGramma
February 8th, 2018, 03:54 PM
Funniest story I've ever read. Because, Pat, I believed you would chase that lady into the parking lot. I admit to being stunned that you'd take off with her stuff because, well, you're law enforcement. Then again, I thought, that lady basically begged you to.

Laughing out loud! :icon_hihi:

geegeequilts
February 16th, 2018, 04:19 PM
You rascal! Yep, read it all & I have to say it sounds like something I might do. Just depends on my mood at the time.

Gina