PDA

View Full Version : biopsy date

BethB
February 6th, 2018, 09:49 PM
Thanks everyone for all the thoughts and prayers for my husband with his cancer diagnosis. It is really great to have your support. The paperwork from the oncologist was sent to the radiologist on Wed, we did not hear anything on Thurs. so I called the dr.'s office and was told the radiologist would be reading the info that day and we would hear either Fri. or Mon. No call Fri. and no call on Monday. By about 2:30 Mon. afternoon, I called the oncologists office again and asked what was going on. About 3 minutes after I hung up, we got a call from the radiologists office. She had not scheduled anything so obviously, she was not going to be calling Mon. Anyway, the hospital he wanted was not available until next week and the one he didn't want to use was available on Thurs. So Thursday at 11 a.m. is the day and time. They will be doing the biopsy and draining the fluid around his right lung. Then we will have to wait at least 48 hours for the results which means another weekend to make it through. He has really gone downhill, even since we were at the oncologists last Wed. Apparently, while I was at a doctor appt. this morning, the hospital called and asked him if he wanted to move the fluid drain up a day and after talking to her about both procedures, he opted to have everything done at once on Thurs. She was concerned that the fluid was really causing him a lot of problems. As far as I am concerned, Thursday can't get her quick enough.

Nancy

bubba
February 6th, 2018, 11:14 PM
I'm so very, very sorry you are going thru this. There were times I had to put up a stink for MM, but as a wife, that is our job to take care of them.

Stay strong! ♥

KPH
February 6th, 2018, 11:18 PM
Oh Nancy, I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. Lifting you and yours up in prayer.

jjkaiser
February 6th, 2018, 11:19 PM
I'm with you hoping Thursday will hurry up and get here! I am sure he will be a lot more comfortable once the drainage procedure is done and do not rule out taking him to the E.R. If he is having difficulty breathing or any other serious symptoms pop up. That's what they are there for and they could order a drainage on an emergency basis if needed. Fingers crossed for you both.

Cokie
February 6th, 2018, 11:34 PM
Keeping you in prayer. I have learned that you have to be your own advocate when it comes to health care - that goes for your loved ones too. Sending a hug!

Monique
February 6th, 2018, 11:48 PM
Keeping you in prayers.

Debbie Watters
February 7th, 2018, 03:30 AM
Prayers being sent ...

KarenC
February 7th, 2018, 07:33 AM
Still praying for the best.

Star lover
February 7th, 2018, 08:07 AM
I'll keep you both in my prayers. Love and hugs!!

Bubby
February 7th, 2018, 08:20 AM
Praying for both of you. Remember that the ER is an option if your DH gets worse.

Patty J
February 7th, 2018, 11:29 AM
Well, finally tomorrow is Thursday. Just one more sleep. (remember how we told that to our kids?) Keeping your husband, you and the doctors in thoughts and prayers.

JCY
February 7th, 2018, 08:25 PM
Thoughts & prayers for the biopsy & fluid removal tomorrow at 11 a.m. I hope all goes well.

quilt_gems_25
February 9th, 2018, 02:33 AM
I am praying all goes well for you and your DH Thursday and going forward.

Connie Jo
February 9th, 2018, 11:08 AM
Nancy my thoughts and prayers have been for you and your family. Please continue to keep us posted. Hugs

Grampz
February 9th, 2018, 11:43 AM
Sending Luvz, Hugz, & Prayerz to your whole family