PDA

View Full Version : Landlord ?

Hulamoon
February 6th, 2018, 06:50 PM
The tenants I have in Calif have been really great. They fix things on their own and have always been on time except for this month. It's already the sixth. I'm pretty hands off since I live over here and don't have a manager. I do ask my realtor to help me once in awhile for really serious stuff. I just want to know what to say without coming off like a b*tch. lol

Caroline T.
February 6th, 2018, 07:04 PM
No bitchy needed, simply call and ask "Hi "tenant", you are always so prompt (early) with the rent, but this month I haven't received it yet, and I just wanted to make sure it didn't get lost in the mail and that everything is ok".

201 Treadler
February 6th, 2018, 07:10 PM
that's difficult with the distance,
ring your realtor friend to ask, realtor to make appointment with tenant x do an inspection for you, just in case there are issues unknown that need resolving.

Grey Lady
February 6th, 2018, 07:28 PM
If it's the first time, maybe just calling to check on them would be enough. Renters have emergencies, too. Illness, accident, death in family, and paying the bills sometimes slip for a week. Hopd it works out.

Hulamoon
February 6th, 2018, 07:38 PM
They pay thru the bank and it goes into my account. Seems they deposit it themselves right before the first, not automatic. My realtor only helps when tenants move out and finds a new one. She's not a manager to check on people, only gives me advice. I'm okay with that.

auntstuff
February 6th, 2018, 08:17 PM
Just call and ask if everything is ok. Thats what I do.

Hulamoon
February 6th, 2018, 08:40 PM
If it's the first time, maybe just calling to check on them would be enough. Renters have emergencies, too. Illness, accident, death in family, and paying the bills sometimes slip for a week. Hopd it works out.

Just call and ask if everything is ok. Thats what I do.

I just started an email doing just that. I'm going to wait until the end of the day or the morning to send it. I don't want to lose this family and their dog. It's hard to find a rental that will take animals, but I find really good people when you do.

mamo69
February 6th, 2018, 09:04 PM
Short, sweet and caringThinking FLU A quick call or email and inquiring if all are well, you are concerned about them. Short and caring

Hulamoon
February 6th, 2018, 09:27 PM
I sent them a are you okay message and got an answer right away. Some banking problem. I'll take it if it's true or not. I was stressed so I'm glad that's over. Thanks for listening. :) My dh is so pissed I own a house and he can't touch it. :D

grammaterry
February 6th, 2018, 11:08 PM
yup, being the landlord is stressful when you need to be confrontational. Sounds like they are trying to be good tenants and the fact that they do the repair is a bonus.

LLLinda
February 7th, 2018, 01:36 PM
My favorite part, " My DH is so pissed I own a house and he can't touch it.":icon_hihi::icon_rofl::icon_woohoo:

GuitarGramma
February 7th, 2018, 02:16 PM
I don't know if Hawaii is a community property state. But even here in Community Property California, inheritances are separate property. You've been wise to keep it separate!

Glad things worked out with your tenants. Good tenants make landlords' lives wonderful.

KPH
February 7th, 2018, 02:51 PM
I know what you mean about banking problems. I went to pay the credit card, and the system was down. I kept getting an error code. I guess they were doing maintenance, because three days later, it's working fine.

Hulamoon
February 7th, 2018, 03:45 PM
My favorite part, " My DH is so pissed I own a house and he can't touch it.":icon_hihi::icon_rofl::icon_woohoo:

lol Well, I hope that's the case.

I didn't inherit the house. My aunt gifted me it to me before she passed.We signed the paperwork together. I don't know if that makes much difference, but I made a will an left it to my two daughters. When my mom divorced my stepdad she had kept her house in her name and there was no problems. That's what I'm counting on.

These guys are great and I hope they stay for a good while. The last ones were a bit of a pain.

Oh and the payment went through this morning :)

KarenC
February 7th, 2018, 05:20 PM
Glad to hear everything worked out ok.