PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the prayers

Cokie
February 5th, 2018, 07:54 PM
It has been so encouraging to see how many times someone has posted a reminder about DH. It was a long day today. Cleveland Clinic is about an hour and a half from us, and we had snow last night, so the roads were a little messy this morning. He had blood work done today, then we had a class for about 3.5 hours about liver transplants and info for caregivers. Our son was able to go with us too. They had a couple talk to us for the last part of the class - he had a liver transplant 3 years ago and she and his mom were the caregivers. It was nice hearing things from the perspective of someone who's lived thru it and is still living with the outcome. He is doing great.

In the afternoon, we met with a transplant coordinator and a liver doctor (I can't remember the name of the specialty - I think it's hepatology). The doctor asked a lot of questions and said he recommends that DH comes back for a complete evaluation, where he will meet with people from all aspects of the transplant team - medical, social/psychological, financial, etc. It will take 4-5 days to do the complete evaluation, then the determination will be made if he will be listed for the transplant waiting list or not. So, that's a good thing. If he is not eligible to be listed at this time, he can be reevaluated if his condition changes. There was a lot of information today, and DH wants to talk to his doctor here locally to get his opinion on a couple of things. We probably have as many questions as answers at this point, but at least the journey has begun. Thank you all again for your prayers and encouragement - it means so much!

Astatoo
February 5th, 2018, 08:07 PM
Wow, what a day you had. Will continue to keep you both in my prayers.

KPH
February 5th, 2018, 08:11 PM
Will be keeping you and yours on my prayer list. I'm so glad today was productive.

sew-what2015
February 5th, 2018, 08:15 PM
Will keep you, your DH and your family in my prayers.

Caroline T.
February 5th, 2018, 08:15 PM
I'm sure your heads are spinning with all the information you received today, and you will have lots of questions along the way. I recommend that you and DH both keep a small notebook handy so when those questions pop into your head, you write them down so you can ask at the next evaluation (and write down the answers so you can refer back to them later).

Continued prayers being sent your way

Simply Quilting
February 5th, 2018, 08:35 PM
What a day that sounds like it was a very positive day. Continuing to pray.

Sandy Navas
February 5th, 2018, 09:29 PM
Keeping the prayers going - we never know what journey life will take. You are strong!

Tracie T
February 5th, 2018, 10:27 PM
oh, wow. That is a lot to take in. I'm glad your son was able to go along. It's always good when a couple people can go to hear what is said so that if one of you misses something, hopefully the other catches it. I will continue to pray for you all.

Anitamae56
February 5th, 2018, 11:01 PM
I will continue to pray for you and your husband. There is so much for you take in. My thoughts are with you.

KarenC
February 5th, 2018, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the update. Caroline has a great suggestion about keeping the notebook. Will continue to keep your family in my prayers.

laura44
February 6th, 2018, 12:58 AM
Continued prayers!!!

Debbie Watters
February 6th, 2018, 12:59 AM
Prayers being sent for you and your family. Sounds like you had an exhausting day but with some good prospects in the future. Take care of yourself ...

jjkaiser
February 6th, 2018, 01:18 AM
Wow what a day you guys gave had and it sounds wonderful that you have so many resources available. I also have a friend whose dh had a liver transplant about 20 years ago and he is still doing great! He does have to take quite a bit of anti-rejection medication still but she said that is normal. They got some financial assistance from our state's chronic renal disesse program so you might want to check to see if your state has anything like that. I live in Wisconsin and idk if all states have that.

Granny Judy
February 6th, 2018, 01:23 AM
continuing to send prayers your way... Life's journey is not easy, but there will be great moments. I recommend a Journal for you both. It's amazing to look back at that first entry.

My journal keeps me going and lets me release a lot of stress and fear.

bubba
February 6th, 2018, 04:23 AM
What a busy day!! Having recently gone thru doctor stuff, get a notebook. I had one that had four different colored pages....one for questions, one for notes, one for meds, and one for the other doctor. Take it to every single appointment.

Hoping for the best.

Star lover
February 6th, 2018, 07:45 AM
Lots to process! But so thankful you've started your journey. I'll continue to pray. Love and hugs!

Bubby
February 6th, 2018, 08:26 AM
This is very good news that your DH is being considered for further evaluation. I know yesterday was really tiring for all of you. I will continue to pray.

Ginny B
February 6th, 2018, 09:05 AM
Wow,what a day. It sounds like you received a lot of information and I am sure your heads are spinning. So happy your son went also. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this process.

Monique
February 6th, 2018, 09:26 AM
I can only imagine the long day you have had and having to retain all this information you have been given. Continued prayers.