PDA

View Full Version : Monday morning

Ginny B
February 5th, 2018, 08:55 AM
Good morning everyone. Here we are at Monday already. The weekend sure does fly by. It was a good one though. We got more accomplished in the garage, got the new cabinet for my sewing room put together, had a couple delish dinners, watched a good movie and then last night watched the Super Bowl. I was happy with the outcome but my ds#3 (Steven) was over the moon. He has been an Eagles fan since he was a young lad and we lived in South Jersey. I am very happy for him. Now I am excited to have the Olympics start later this week.

But now it's time to get some things accomplished and then off to work. Have a good day everyone.

Star lover
February 5th, 2018, 09:31 AM
Good morning all....

Bitterly cold here. Oh so windy too! Woke up to 5' with an expected high of 23. The snow came in waves with a total of 6" ......for now. Sounds like we're to get another inch a day for......who knows how long! So sooooo ready for anything close to spring! Ah well, as they say......it could be worse!

Hope everyone has a great day. Cokie's husband has an appointment today about a liver transplant. So for those who pray, I'm sure they would appreciate it. There's are also many that are struggling, health, job, family as well as those affected by the Amtrack accident.....lots going on.
Love and hugs to all!

KPH
February 5th, 2018, 09:56 AM
Good Morning Ginny and All that follow.

Praying for those in need this morning. Haven't heard any more about Nana (DIL's GM), so I'm hoping that's good news. DS#2 and I will pick up the two youngest so that Mom can do home school with J today.

I picked up my hexies yesterday. It was hard, so hard finishing the one that I started when they called us back to tell us Howard was gone. I had to laugh, one nurse came through hunting for the HUGHES family. Knowing that people miss pronounce our last name, I said that we were the Hough family (huff rhymes with rough and tough). She said NOOOOOOOOOO, I'm hunting for the hughes. I looked at Morgan, and said she was hunting for us. One of the OR nurses came in just a few minutes later. Anyway, they found us. Oh well. I finished a few while Mike watched The Search for Red October. One things for sure, they'll have to be put up before the little kids get here.

Hopefully the guy will call with news about the camper. Mike closes at work three days this week. I'll have to work within his and Jim's schedules since I can't drive.

I told Mike yesterday, I've got to go shoe shopping this week. My black pumps split on the side seam last week. So I had to wear my other dressy black shoes yesterday... love them, hate the height of the heals. It's still funny to me, I found some that I thought were black slides to wear with my black dress pants and jeans. Got them home and found out they were really navy. I tried them on with my black pants yesterday morning... yeah, they're really navy and it's really obvious. So, back to the drawing board to find something comfortable to wear to church.

Time to get busy, make my bed, get dressed and get ready for snack time and lunch with little ones. Got to get my driver moving, too.

Be creative today!

Prayers for those in need, for comfort, healing and peace. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

JCY
February 5th, 2018, 10:03 AM
Good Morning, All ~ We were surprised yest. a.m. by bitter cold & snow. Got only ~1/2", but it was enough to slick up the roads & put a light dusting over everything. I went to church. People were driving carefully. The first Sun. of each mo. is Communion. I came right home. In the afternoon I did 3 (20 min.) times of FMQ. (I have to rest my shoulders & hands in between.) I'm pleased with how it's looking. I also sorted some of my books. My shelf space is maxed out. I'll have to give some away or just not buy any more. I do love to read. I read >100 books/yr. Lately I've been re-reading some of my favorites. If it's been 2-4 yrs. since I read a book, I forget some of the details, so it's still a good read.

Today will be the usual laundry. We're supposed to get more snow in the night. Thoughts & prayers for Cokie & others. My DIL "drops the bomb" at work today about resigning. In the past they've sometimes just had employees leave & not stay for that 2 wk. transition, so she's not sure what to expect. My son sent some boxes & bags with her just in case they ask her to leave & she has to clear out her stuff.

Monique
February 5th, 2018, 10:10 AM
Good morning friends. I slept in a little this morning. Peeved at hubby this morning, BUT I am not the one who has to work today hung over, hahaha. Serves him right and I don't feel a dang bit sorry for him either.

I didn't do a whole lot of anything this weekend, it was all about curling. Today I shall tackle that memory quilt now that I have all the math done for it.

We had quite a bit of snow fall yesterday but beautiful sunshine here this morning. Have a great day everyone.

Bubby
February 5th, 2018, 10:31 AM
Good Morning Everyone...

It's bitter cold this morning with wind. We got a little snow yesterday but it's not enough to amount to anything. Dottie loves it.

Our neighbors will get home this afternoon and I will be done feeding their cats. The cats didn't eat well this time. I wore a mask the whole time and maybe that had something to do with it.

Super Bowl is history for another year. I'm pleased with the outcome because the Eagles were the underdogs. I fell asleep before the 4th quarter but Jeff said he watched it and it was a great game.

There's nothing much on my agenda today. I had hoped to sew all day but my hands are hurting. I will take some Aleve and see if it helps enough. Usually it doesn't.

Jeff's birthday is tomorrow. I want to bake him something special.

Yes, let's remember to pray for Cokie's husband's appointment today.

Have a good day everyone and stay warm.

Simply Quilting
February 5th, 2018, 11:12 AM
Good Morning. Little one thought 5:30AM was a good time to get up this morning so we have had a busy morning already. We are generally more of night owls around here.

This weekend was the first ag alumni banquet for the university I graduated from. It was nice to see people we had not seen in years. The main purpose of the banquet was to raise money for scholarships for the students. There was a silent auction and a live auction both made a nice amount for scholarships this year. One thing that I am going to check into is seeing about possibly doing a quilt for next year. One of the coolest would be to take old ag shirts from years past but we tossed ours several years ago - which is now too bad because they were in decent shape. Of course, depending upon what we put on the quilt, we may have to get permission from the university because of copyright. Anytime their name or mascot is used, you have to get permission.

This weekend I also worked on some table runners. I have 6 out of the 8 tops completed. Now to finish the rest and get them put together. And with the yucky weather, today is looking like a good day. We have cold and a little bit of snow with more on the way.

prayers for Cokie and her dh and anyone else who needs them.

Have a great day everyone :)

grammaterry
February 5th, 2018, 01:09 PM
Dear Lord, I pray for Cokie and her husband and the doner who will give part of his liver to this wonderful family. Watch over them and make them whole.
Today is DH and my anniversary. He is still sleeping, bless his heart. He has been making tools for his shop. He made a belt grinder and now something (forget what he calls it) to do the hollow grind on his knives. The tool cost $400 and with scrap metal and grinders he can make it for around $200 so he is getting excited. Of course, he is obsessive and will work tirelessly for 12 hours a day until he gets it perfect.
I cut out a quilt from a pattern I have had for almost 3 years. I can do this in the kitchen and with the cold weather, getting into my sewing room is miserable. I marked the hst's last night while I watched tv. I may try to sew those together this AM.
Rearranged the living room yesterday as I cleaned. (of course, I can never move DH's chair..not even an inch without grumbles) and I hung a cathedral window quilt on the wall that my grandmother made in 1966 that I have had folded on the back of a rocking chair for 30 years. I am auditioning the room for painting when the weather gets better and right now, its looking pretty good. It may just be change that makes me feel this way...
The new (old)little Janome is fixed and just needs new feet. Then I will take a picture of it and send it to DGD and tell her it will be hers. I don't know when I'll see her. My x husband lives at their house right now so I don't go there to visit. My son is helping him rehab a house and since the auto accident DS hasn't been able to go there to work on it. Maybe a while for him to heal up. Right now the dr's say he won't be going back to work until at least May.
One more cup of coffee and I'll off to chores.

BarbaraB
February 5th, 2018, 03:49 PM
Good Day To All!!
Here it's very cold and windy, but I still did manage to pry myself out of my warm chair and do some shopping. I'm planning on making Chili Mac tomorrow. Looking forward to spicy cheesy goodness. We only got about 3 inches of snow, but some spots have deep drifts. Dogs are loving it. We go out and cringe.
When my daughter was little, of course we got up early and shoveled and dug out our cars so we could get to work. She would laugh at us. Now dear darling daughter lives with us, and since we are both retired, she must shovel and dig out her car so she can get to work. She was complaining this morning: hubby and I looked at each other and just laughed.....
Warm hugs to all.

Navy Wife
February 5th, 2018, 04:16 PM
At last the sun is out, and it's warming up a little (34). Yesterday was a lost cause, not football as I don't watch pro sports. It rained all day and was gray and dreary. I hate winter near the Smokys except when it ,and then they are beautiful! We have lots of gray days. But it makes me appreciate the sun when it comes out. It's harder in the summer when the sun means hot, hot!

I spent a lot of the day on the computer. DDIL has the flu, and her phone is not working. I told her I would be glad to shop for or bring anything she needed, but I would leave it on the porch, ring the bell, and RUN! I don't know whether DS is at work today or not. He can work from home some. They don't have a landline, so I can't call DDIL and don't want to disturb son at work. They'll let me know soon, so I don't know what I'm worried about!

I've cleaned up the house this morning and about to start sewing. DH is putting in a new sink in the garage. It has so far taken 3 days and 14 trips to Home Depot or Lowes. We had the garage painted last week and we're having the floor refinished with epoxy. Meanwhile, he has cleaned up stuff and thrown things away. I'm very proud of him. Of course, no one needs 57screw drivers! But try telling that to an 83 year old!

My thoughts and prayers are with all who are in need.

MaggieSue
February 5th, 2018, 07:59 PM
grammaterry and DH have a very Happy Anniversary!

Granny Judy
February 6th, 2018, 01:48 AM
I've been absent from here for awhile... just going thru some bad days with DD#2's cancer and my eye sight. Then one of my little dogs injured his back and was paralyzed.. all happened just before Christmas... We got him a set of wheels and he was doing great with them, then I noticed he was wagging his tail again. WOW... I did some PT with him and he is up walking and running around again. Back legs are not perfect, but he is much happier without the need for wheels. He still can not do stairs, but that is what I am here for...

I do drop in and lurk around, but seldom have time to post much. I am behind on my quilts; getting them done and gifted. But will feel much better once the temps get above freezing around here. Sure will feel better about moving around and getting some out of door time.. I do suffer with this cold temps.. every joint in this ol body hurts. And I don't take much for the pain since I want to be awake during the day. Gabapentin is my friend when it gets in the teens or below. And it's been in the teens for several day now...And the snow is coming down!! Oh, my.. Better get a refill. LOL.