PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Hellos

JCY
February 4th, 2018, 10:03 AM
Good Morning ~ I only have a min., but will pop in to get us started. I just saw the headline about the Amtrak crash. Prayers for those who are injured & to the families of those who died.

I finally got back to the FMQ yest. afternoon. It's coming along nicely. I'm really liking how the all-over leaves design of Angela Walters' is looking. In her book she said it is a good design for a masculine quilt, which this is. I agree.

We had a Chinook wind yest. & the temp. got up to 67 deg.! It ate away more of the snow still hanging around. It's 26 this a.m. & will be a cooler day. Church this a.m. I hope to do more quilting this afternoon. Have a good day.

MaggieSue
February 4th, 2018, 10:09 AM
I too woke to news of the Amtrak crash, so sad. Prayers for all. We got about 4-6-inches of snow. My snow blower is outside clearing my driveway. Will try to work on mug rug today.

Bubby
February 4th, 2018, 10:43 AM
Good Morning...Yes, the Amtrak collisision is terrible. We are praying for all involved.

Good News...the inmate who escaped from the maximum security prison here in Licking last week has been captured and has been returned to the prison. He walked away from his work release job. Now he will probably get 2-3 more years added to his sentence. This is a relief for many of us.

We worked in Cuba several hours yesterday and I feel like I need to rest today. Jeff is going to cook breakfast.

I hope everyone has a good Sunday. Cokie's DH has his appointment tomorrow regarding a liver transplant. Let's keep him in our prayers.

Carlie Wolf
February 4th, 2018, 10:48 AM
I thought it was going to be around 40 and some rain. NOT. It's snowing now and it's sticking fast and it's only been snowing for about an hour. I'm so glad I don't have anywhere to go for a couple of days. We just had quite a few emergency vehicles fly by a few minutes ago so it doesn't look like it's going to be a safe day for driving.

Very sad about the Amtrak accident. Things seem to happen in threes and now that's 3 accidents since December for Amtrak. I hope this is the last one. I feel so sorry for the victims.

Still going to work on the fractured birds and I'm having an awful time trying to pick out a background fabric to order. I seem to be having a week of procrastination. It's SO annoying and I really need to get my balance and creativity back!!!

Monique
February 4th, 2018, 10:52 AM
Good morning friends. Spending way too much time on here this morning. I was up earlier but went back to bed for a bit. Now it's hubby's turn. I didn't do much in the way of quilting/sewing yesterday. I did the final math on that memory quilt I am putting together. Now I know why I don't like math.

We have quite a bit of snow on the ground this morning. UGH!! Hubby has his last game of curling today. They won yesterday. We may have company later for the Super Bowl, not sure yet.

I ordered some hardware from Emmaline Bags today to make the 'retreat bag'. I also ordered from the Featherweight shop 3 new LED bulbs for my babies. They should be in this week.

Have a great day everyone.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
February 4th, 2018, 11:38 AM
Good morning.
I have to agree with Monique. I am spending too much time on iPad in the morning.
Enjoyed my day yesterday. We went to train store for Michael. The owner had a large bin of train tracks, cars and parts that Michael was looking for. A real deal for $150. He worked in his train room when we got back and probably will today.

We then went to a quilt store where I got some yardage that I had my eye on. He also bought a panel for his African quilt. He has been collecting authentic fabrics for two years. He says he's ready to design it now. This store has the largest selection of panels anywhere in the area, and reasonable prices. While I was there I noticed the new very large Babylock. Whoa that would be nice. I'm sure it would even make me coffee in the morning. Haha

Have a fun Sunday. It's an indoor day as we are getting snow storm.

grammaterry
February 4th, 2018, 12:03 PM
rain turning to ice later in the day and then snow. Whew, this is getting old. Fast.
My mind is turning trying to figure out this little Janome sewing machine I bought at Goodwill yesterday. It looks brand new but it just won't feed. Several are offering suggestions but as I try each one, nothing. I may have to take it back.
DH and I will celebrate our 36th anniversary tomorrow. I don't think we're doing anything but thanking the Good Lord how lucky we are to both be here, together and healthy. Mailman delivered the 4 pieces of wood I ordered for him for his knife handle stash. He asked what was in the package and I said , 'can't tell you...its a gift:" He said, "I haven't gotten you anything" and I pointed out that I only needed him...not stuff.
I guess most everyone will be supperbowling to day. I suppose it will be on our tv but I will probably work a puzzle or something. Just not interested. DH isn't a sports fan either. BUt he will have it on, I think so he can have intelligent (is that possible) conversations with those who did watch.
Wish I could get into sewing room but the cold is brutal. Only 3 more blocks to finish up that double wedding ring. I really wanted to have it done for our anniversary but the best laid plans.....

Cokie
February 4th, 2018, 12:17 PM
Snowing here this morning. Had a few errands I wanted to run but I may just run to the grocery store and let the rest go for another day. Need to do some laundry, and I want to finish clipping the threads from my quilt top so I can send it to be quilted. I started working on it earlier this week but wasn't able to finish. Didn't sleep well last night and am waiting for my energy to kick in so I can get started - hoping another cup of coffee might help. :icon_bigsmile: Have a good day, everyone.

Carolnnc
February 4th, 2018, 02:52 PM
Terry gets the rain, ice & snow in the western part of the state. We in the middle of the state just get overcast skies & light rain. If it was cold enough to snow it sure would be a beautiful one. The yard is really wet & not soaking up what's falling.

Something I've never done until recently is leave the dinner dishes until the next morning. I left last night dishes & got that all cleaned up before I made my breakfast. Then I had all the laundry I did yesterday off the drying racks & shower rods & deal with getting it put away. The rest of my day will be finishing up the painting in the 3rd bedroom (yay!!!).

DH went last night & picked up his new (used) recliner. I told him the chair was for his birthday & he's happy with that. The couple that sold us the chair didn't use fragrance but the chair has a slight smell, almost like a fabric softener sheet. I washed it really well with vinegar (it's leather) but it didn't help. Not sure how I'm going to get the smell to go away.

Have a great day!

grammaterry
February 4th, 2018, 02:59 PM
they might have sprayed fabreeze on it. Try getting some automotive leather cleaner, or maybe just some behold...behold doesn't have wax in it like furniture polish and it has a pleasant smell and cleans well.
Terry gets the rain, ice & snow in the western part of the state. We in the middle of the state just get overcast skies & light rain. If it was cold enough to snow it sure would be a beautiful one. The yard is really wet & not soaking up what's falling.

Something I've never done until recently is leave the dinner dishes until the next morning. I left last night dishes & got that all cleaned up before I made my breakfast. Then I had all the laundry I did yesterday off the drying racks & shower rods & deal with getting it put away. The rest of my day will be finishing up the painting in the 3rd bedroom (yay!!!).

DH went last night & picked up his new (used) recliner. I told him the chair was for his birthday & he's happy with that. The couple that sold us the chair didn't use fragrance but the chair has a slight smell, almost like a fabric softener sheet. I washed it really well with vinegar (it's leather) but it didn't help. Not sure how I'm going to get the smell to go away.

Have a great day!

KPH
February 4th, 2018, 04:50 PM
Good Afternoon All,

DS#1 and family picked me up for Sunday School and Church this morning. He taught Sunday School and did a good job. Ever the observer, I'm going to have to tell him he has a habit word when he's transitioning. It was distracting to me, probably not anybody else. It used to be 'SO'... now it's 'ALRIGHT'. Alright, that's enough about that. ;-) He really did a good job other than the mic system kept cutting on and off in his ear. It was driving him nuts, fiddling with his ear piece until he got frustrated and took it off.

After church, we went to lunch. Zeke was in his NOOOOOoooo day phase. Everything was NO, unless it was a question about how something tasted, then it was nodding that what ever it was, was good. Esther and Jonathan cleaned their plates, so the food was good. I came home too full!

Morgan's Grandmother (Nana) was taken to the hospital this morning having heart palpitations. By lunch she'd been moved to a room and was feeling somewhat better. Keeping her in my prayers. I don't know what the kids would do without Nana and Nandy to care for their little ones.

I hope everyone has a creative day, at least what's left of it.

Prayers for those in need, for healing touches, peace and comfort. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our blessings.

JCY
February 4th, 2018, 04:59 PM
Carol ~ I understand what you mean by fragrances. I love to see my son when he visits, but his clothing reeks of a strong fabric softener. After he leaves I have to wash every item of bedding, incl. the matt. pads & bedspread. It usually takes at least 2 wks. for the smell to dissipate from the carpeting where his suitcase rested. Some of the fabric softeners people use now days are stronger than perfume.