PDA

View Full Version : Friday, will he or won't he?

Monique
February 2nd, 2018, 08:41 AM

HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!!

Well it is still too dark to know if he will or he won't see his shadow today. There are still 46 days until the first day of Spring.

I pulled a muscle in my left arm about a month ago. I think I rehurt it again and boy does it hurt. Long piece from my heart but it doesn't want to get better. This is the arm that had the lymph nodes removed a long time ago. Reaching sometimes I can feel it pulling, scar tissue I guess. Well it is sore now so I am favouring that arm a little. Trying not to reach with this arm.

So yesterday I tried to figure out the math with the memory quilt. I got the first row done. That in itself is an accomplishment. But then all this math made me tired and I had a huge nap, 2 1/2 hours or close to it. I slept well last night, so I guess I wasn't in anyone's dreams.

I am not sure what is going on today. Yesterday hubby mentioned something about doing something today. I don't know what he wants to do.

Tomorrow he curls in the community bonspiel and Sunday as well. I know I will be the driver coming home. Aside from that I don't know of any long range plans.

On that note, have a great day friends.

KarenC
February 2nd, 2018, 08:55 AM
Good morning. Yesterday was a beautiful day. I took DGD out for a short walk. It was nice to spend sometime outside in the fresh air. Today I will finish quilting the baby quilt and add the remaining chenile-it to the sides.

I've started working on taxes, but won't get everything in for a while yet. No big refund here, just hoping I don't have to pay. Finished DD's taxes last night. She should be happy. Not much else going in. Hope everyone has a great day. Prayers being said for those with health and/or job issues.

Star lover
February 2nd, 2018, 08:58 AM
Good mornin Monique and everyone!

Yup, don't really matter if he shows or not.....still (like you said) 46 days till spring.....so looking forward to it......or anything close!

Well it sure got cold last night. 8 and windy. And now they "think" well get about 5" of that white stuff tonight into tomorrow..... ENOUGH already!

So I got the donation quilt basted, started to quilt it and stopped.....mmmm, what I thought I'd do.....now, not so sure.....so re-thinking. Well, I have lots to do, so no idle time for me.

So sorry Monique about your pain.....not fun or good. I'll pray for you. Try not to use it too much and heal. Hugs!

Hope y'all have a wonderful dog day and an even better weekend......if you're not digging out of that rotten white stuff!

Prayers for those in need and struggling. Hugs to all!

Bubby
February 2nd, 2018, 09:13 AM
Hi Everyone....It's going to be bitter cold and windy here today. Jeff has to work a double shift, so he layered on some long johns (we call them John Deeres) to try to stay warm if he has to be outdoors tonight. On that note, the inmate who escaped 8 days ago has not been caught. He was spotted in a couple places in town. He was last seen running toward the river.

I'm going to try to make this a sewing day but I may just watch tutorials all day.

We have several of our members going through incredibly traumatic times right now. My prayers go out to all of them.

Have a good day everyone....Barb

Ginny B
February 2nd, 2018, 09:24 AM
Good morning everyone. Friday, Friday, Friday! I really like Friday. :) A wee bit of snow this morning that just coated the car, roof, etc. But it is supposed to be pretty cold the next day or so. The plans for the weekend include staying inside a lot. I ordered a new cabinet to hold my thread and dh and I will be putting that together over the weekend for sure. No other big plans.

Well the groundhog in Punxsutawny just predicted that there will be 6 more weeks of winter. I'll keep my sweatshirts, gloves and boots at the ready.

Monique, I hope your arm starts feeling better soon. Prayers for all those that are dealing with rough times.

Have a good day all. Keep warm

JCY
February 2nd, 2018, 10:09 AM
Good Morning ~ Still dark here, too, but I think we might see the sun today. Yest. it snowed until 10:30 a.m.; our total was <1". Much of it had melted by evening. They're predicting 55 for today & close to 60 tomorrow.

Yest. a.m. was spent in the kitchen making DH's chicken soup. It made 13 qts. for the freezer. I followed up on the dentist situation. Cancelled all appts. at the old office, set up an appt. for a consult with the new dentist for later this mo. His office gal was very friendly & helpful. She looked up on the computer & learned they are in network for our ins. That was good news. I requested our records be sent over to the new dentist.

My DIL's job interview went well yest. She's waiting to hear back. My son will keep me posted. I hope she gets an offer; she's not happy at her current job & also would like a better commute time.

I probably should work on the taxes a while today. I think all the 1099's have come. I'd like to get some quilting done, too.

I haven't watched Jenny's tutorial yet, but just from looking at the pic, it sure looks like a much easier to way to make the Card Trick block. That's one of the blocks we made in my first quilting class when we made a sampler quilt.

Have a great Friday & week end.

KPH
February 2nd, 2018, 10:53 AM
Good Morning All,

The sun is shining in between the clouds, at least we'll see some blue skies today. DS#1 is off today, he'll be grading papers. I'm going to start digging in the file cabinet and two fire safe boxes. I need to find the title to the house and the titles to the trucks. I called JEA yesterday and changed the name on our utility bill. I'll get it set up to pay on line today.

Then I need to figure out exactly how many drafts we have taken out and when. I know they were interspersed through the month to coordinate with our paychecks. I guess I know how my mom felt when her father passed. My grandmother didn't even know how to write a check. At least I can do that.

I really appreciate the cards that you all have sent. They certainly do mean a lot.

Monique, I hope your arm feels better. Seems like when I hurt something, that's the thing I'm always using more. I hope you can let it rest and heal.

There are so many hurting these days. Lifting those in prayer, prayers for healing, prayers for comfort, prayers for peace and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our blessings.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and creative day! lol, sigh, I'll be doing paperwork... yuck.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
February 2nd, 2018, 10:55 AM
Good morning ladies,
They say another 6 weeks of winter. I will take that since our winter is never over before the end of March, sometimes mid-April. It is sunny & chilly -19 this morning and we are expecting some snow. I plan to stay indoors for 3 days, and sew. I have been distracted by so many other things around here and helping my daughter, that I have only managed to squeeze in a few hours in past weeks. While I haven't seen the groundhog, I heard our resident yard bunny (aka Thumper) scratching under our windowsill last night again. He/she has been doing this every night for several hours. DH will investigate as I do not want any critters getting in. While our house is all brick, last year we found a small gap where we had a chipmunk that made his way in. We got him out and had the gap sealed.

I feel for you Monique. Arm, shoulder, arthritis or back pain are the enemies of quilters. Sometimes, rest, ice and a good pain killer helps for awhile. We are troopers and keep quilting. I also pulled a muscle in my back and left shoulder (recurring Bursitis) when I helped my daughter with 3 grandkids this week. When I left her place there was a thick layer of ice and 4-5 inches of the white stuff on my car. I may have reached too much. Well I taped my shoulder yesterday and it definitely helps. I guess I have paid for enough massage, physiotherapy over the years to know what I can do to help it feel better.

Yesterday we ordered 2 more chairs for our dining room. We are fortunate they are still available as they are made in Pennsylvania and made of Dutch elm and oak. We should have these in time for Easter. I sold the glass/metal kitchen set, and will be picked up tonight. We will be putting the refractory teak table that DH uses as sewing table. It is smaller and perfect for our space. We have another table that will be bigger for him to sew on. So we will be moving table and chairs around this weekend. I still have a teak dining buffet to sell, that a friend gave us when they downsized. I am learning to say NO to friends if they want to pass along their possessions when they downsize. These are cluttering our basement and I want to reclaim this space.

There are many members and many friends going through difficult times. I am sending out positive vibes and hugs to all. Trying to stay healthy becomes more of a challenge as I get older, but I am too stubborn to let it slow me down. Like my mom 94 says, you need to roll with the punches.
Have a good weekend everyone.

Carlie Wolf
February 2nd, 2018, 10:56 AM
Doesn't look like the sun will shine today. It's cloudy with a tad of snow.I'm disappointed because I wanted to go grocery shopping but I won't drive if there is snow on the roads anymore. The temp is suppose to only go to 21 so it's a bit cold out there too.I had also hoped to mail out my sisters cozy and oven mitt today but alas that's not going to happen either.

I'll probably work a little more on my fractured bird blocks today and catch up on more reading.

Hope you all stay nice and comfortable today :-)

Nwmnteacher
February 2nd, 2018, 11:00 AM
Jenny's tutorial this morning for the card trick block looked awesome! That block has been on my bucket list for a while, and I was glad to see a simplified version. I think I'll try it out as a table runner.

I worked at JoAnns yesterday. The store is busy scanning all the fabrics for markdowns, so there will be lots of fabrics added to the lime, red, blue, purple, and orange dot discount shelves and bins. I was told they're adding a new color....gray. We're starting to wonder when they will run out of colors!

It's supposed to stay in the single digits here for the next couple of weeks. Brrrr! Since I don't work for a week, I'm fine with staying indoors as much as possible.

Praying that all in need receive the support and blessings needed, according to their challenges.

Jeanne

TMP
February 2nd, 2018, 11:30 AM
Good Morning everyone!

It was a beautiful warm day yesterday and Sandy and I spent most of the afternoon working in the yard. I woke up this morning and my right wrist is so sore and middle finger is numb . The yard and porches were in such a mess . Sandy had drug sticks and anything else she could find up . I don't understand why that dog has a taste for wood. I have to find someone else to do the yard. The man that is taking care of it is just doing a terrible job, that is when he actually shows up. I have heard all the excuses and he wants paid a month ahead of time . I really feel like he is taking advantage of me.

I fixed it!! Yes, I was about to give up with my long arm yesterday. I had tried all the usual stuff cleaning, changing needles ect. I finally figured out it was the thread tension. I was so proud of myself. I am not mechanical at all.

I also made reservations to go to the Sewing and Quilt expo in Atlanta in March. I hope I can talk with the Juki reps and find out where to buy the plate for my machine to do ruler work. I have searched the internet and it is not in stock anywhere. Its almost like they are not offering it anymore.

Have a great day!

Carolnnc
February 2nd, 2018, 01:32 PM
Good morning. It's cold & sunny today. I'm looking forward to spring.

DH is home today & we are going to look at a puppy. He's a three month old Doberman but I don't know what color he is because I was so excited that I forgot to ask. He is going thru obedience training & will be ready to go to a new home in a couple of weeks. At my age this is important to me, I don't want to train anything at this point. The lady said his tail had already been docked but his ears not clipped. If we get him I don't want them to crop his ears, it seems cruel to me. The people that have him also have cats so he should be fine with our cat. Unfortunately I think my cat isn't going to be to happy to see a dog.

I also will be picking up a sewing table from a neighbor. She ordered one & was sent two & they wouldn't take the second one back. I have three machines & I have wanted a table for each so this will take care of my wish.

DH will check through our taxes so we can go ahead & file. This is the earliest I've managed to get them done. I've been doing Turbotax online for years so I guess I've just gotten better at putting in all the info. This is the last year I'll have to deal with all the contributions to charity. I have cleaned out everything that I don't want to move to our future retirement home except for some quilting things. Boy we had collected a lot of stuff in all our years of marriage. I did love giving away all my dress clothes & shoes that I had to wear for work. I thought I'd feel sad getting rid of the china, crystal & silver but it didn't bother me at all. The kids didn't want it & I probably hadn't used it ten time over the last 32 years.

Have a great day!

Star lover
February 2nd, 2018, 01:45 PM
Post a pic of your puppy when you get him. So happy for you!