PDA

View Full Version : Not good news

BethB
February 1st, 2018, 09:31 PM
I read all the posts you all write about your medical difficulties and have been thankful that my husband and I have been so healthy. Well, not anymore. My husband has been diagnosed with cancer in his liver, enlarged lymph node in the chest and fluid around the heart. After speaking with the oncologist yesterday (for an hour and a half), we learned that cancer that actually begins in the liver is extremely rare. Liver cancer is actually cancer from another part of the body that has metastasized to the liver. He has had an ultra sound, and a CT scan which confirmed the diagnosis of cancer in the liver, but now he needs a biopsy to determine where the cancer came from. At the same time as the biopsy, they will drain the fluid around the bottom of his right lung. We were told this cancer is not curable and will have to wait to see what type of cancer it is and how extensive it is before we will know if it is treatable. Our kids (43, 41 and 33) are devastated. We are on an emotional roller coaster trying to deal with this. Hopefully, we will get a call tomorrow to schedule the biopsy. Life sure sucks at times.

Nancy

pewa88
February 1st, 2018, 09:35 PM
I am so sorry to hear this Nancy. I will be praying for you and your dear family as you navigate the days ahead. Hugs!!

KPH
February 1st, 2018, 09:43 PM
I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. I'll add my prayers for your husband and your family to my list.

Cathy F
February 1st, 2018, 09:44 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about your husband. We are here for you anytime you need someone to listen in the days and weeks ahead. Hugs to you.

KarenC
February 1st, 2018, 09:54 PM
So sorry to hear this Nancy. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers (along with many others battling this disease).

grammaterry
February 1st, 2018, 09:55 PM
What sad news. You are in my prayers

jjkaiser
February 1st, 2018, 10:02 PM
Nancy, this is just awful. Hopefully the biopsy can be done quickly and treatment plan worked up right away. They don't fool around when you have cancer and things move very quickly from diagnosis to treatment. My husband is also battling cancer, and had enlarged lymph nodes in his chest and lots of other places. (He is doing very well about 1.5 years since the initial diagnosis). The only reason I am mentioning him is to caution you DO NOT look up his cancer diagnosis on the internet, whatever you do. While it might seem sensible to educate yourself as much as possible, you will scare yourself to death (unnecessarily) plus you would be reading a lot of material that either is over your head or has no connection really to your husband's diagnosis. Much better to write all your questions down and ask the oncologist. We will all be thinking about you and hoping for the best. There are many wonderful effective cancer treatments out there so keep your hopes up.

Sandy Navas
February 1st, 2018, 11:18 PM
Heartfelt prayers coming your way, today, tomorrow and always!

cv quilter
February 1st, 2018, 11:28 PM
Nancy, what can any of us say..except that we are sorry to hear your sad news, and that we can only pray for you and your husband. These words don't make it better, but hopefully it conveys to you that you have friends here who think of you and your husband and pray that God will heal him. Please know that we are here.

Carolnnc
February 1st, 2018, 11:32 PM
Prayers to you and your family.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
February 1st, 2018, 11:42 PM
So sorry to read your sad news. Sending you strong positive vibes so you can all be there for each other to get through this. Earlier advice is good. Do not search Internet. While not all information is bad, some is pure quackery and not science based.

Simply Quilting
February 1st, 2018, 11:55 PM
Nancy, I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I will be pray for him, you and the family.

azmotogirl
February 2nd, 2018, 12:09 AM
Thought and prayers for your husband, you and your entire family. I will add him to our prayer list.....

Mom23
February 2nd, 2018, 12:21 AM
Oh Nancy, I'm sorry. I will keep your family in my prayers.

bubba
February 2nd, 2018, 12:21 AM
I, for one, know what you are going thru and you will be in my thoughts.

Not being one to sit and wait, I read and searched on the internet for anything I could find about MM's cancer. I always had questions for the urologists and the oncologist and they sat and answered every single one of them. I would educate yourself as much as you possible can.

I would also find out if a liver transplant is an option. They can take part (maybe half) of a donors liver and transplant it and not only will the partial liver grow in your husband, it will also regenerate in the donor. Read, read, read.....it is a scary time, but nothing to shy away from.

pcbatiks
February 2nd, 2018, 12:26 AM
Oh, so very sorry to hear this. Hoping that the many prayers being said on your families behalf will bring comfort and strength.

MaggieSue
February 2nd, 2018, 12:33 AM
Nancy, so sorry to hear of your DH diagnosis will pray for you and your family!!

sewbizzy
February 2nd, 2018, 12:49 AM
Sending prayers for your husband....also, for you and your family....so sorry for your bad news...

Cokie
February 2nd, 2018, 12:58 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. Saying a prayer and sending a hug. Write your questions down and insist that the doctors answer them and explain things so you can understand. If they can't or won't, find someone who can. Hoping you can get some answers sooner rather than later and begin treatment soon.

LLLinda
February 2nd, 2018, 01:18 AM
Do a lot of quilting Nancy. It will help get you through this. It has been my salvation these last 3 years.

Debbie Watters
February 2nd, 2018, 02:50 AM
So sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis. Prayers being sent for him, you, and your family.

GaGa
February 2nd, 2018, 02:55 AM
Many thoughts and prayers for your husband, you and your family.

Bubby
February 2nd, 2018, 06:44 AM
Nancy, I'm so terribly sorry to hear your sad news. I know how rough that emotional roller coaster is. You, DH and your family will be in my prayers. (((HUGS))) We are here for you.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 2nd, 2018, 07:47 AM
I am so sorry to hear what you are going through and what you are facing. When you get a diagnosis like that, you know life as you've lived in the past is changed. Prayers for you and your family as you face the future.

Monique
February 2nd, 2018, 08:07 AM
Nancy, what can any of us say..except that we are sorry to hear your sad news, and that we can only pray for you and your husband. These words don't make it better, but hopefully it conveys to you that you have friends here who think of you and your husband and pray that God will heal him. Please know that we are here.

I echo what has already been said. Prayers to you and your family as you go through this journey.

Hailey3656
February 2nd, 2018, 08:12 AM
My prayers are with you and your family.

Star lover
February 2nd, 2018, 08:14 AM
Oh Nancy, so sad for you and your family. I'll add you and your family to my prayers. Love and hugs!

Nwmnteacher
February 2nd, 2018, 10:16 AM
Nancy, best wishes and prayers for your family as they travel this road. My mom had liver cancer, and hers started as colon cancer. I hope the doctors find the source quickly.

Jeanne

Bouse
February 2nd, 2018, 10:16 AM
So sorry to hear your news but how can they say it's not curable when they haven't established what kind it is? Keep strong. I'll add your family to my prayers.

Connie Jo
February 2nd, 2018, 10:23 AM
Nancy I am so sorry. I wish there was something I could say or do to help you and your family get through this. Please know that I am praying for all of you. Let me know if there is anything I can do. Hugs

dwil23
February 2nd, 2018, 10:33 AM
This is so tough. Will certainly keep you all in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

(((HUGS)))

Anitamae56
February 2nd, 2018, 10:59 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am so sorry.

Midge
February 2nd, 2018, 11:09 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. It sounds like your family is pulling together at this difficult time, and that is a blessing amid the trouble. Hope you will update us with what treatments might help your husband. People here do care and want to support one another.

Astatoo
February 2nd, 2018, 02:15 PM
Prayers for all of your family, hugs for you also.

MRoy
February 2nd, 2018, 02:38 PM
I'm sorry to hear this. Prayers for your husband, you, and your family.

201 Treadler
February 2nd, 2018, 03:23 PM
your family are in my thoughts x prayers, so sorry your all going through this.

Granny Judy
February 2nd, 2018, 05:03 PM
It's been 2 years and counting that my DD#2 was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.... It's been a long hard road for her. She just started another round of Chemo (3rd) since a spot on her liver showed up during her last scan.

So I understand how hard this news has affected all of you. It will affect everyone around you. Doctors have so many tools to help you. We first get a scan and biopsy of the cancerous area. It is genetically tested so the right medication to stop/ kill it can be used. Everyone has given you great advise and lots of prayers are sent your way; including mine.

It will get better....

mommadeb
February 2nd, 2018, 05:41 PM
So sorry to hear. We just finished this journey with my dad. His began in the liver. Will pray for all of you.

sew-what2015
February 2nd, 2018, 06:05 PM
Prayers for your husband and for all the family.

Patty J
February 2nd, 2018, 08:21 PM
Adding my prayers and thoughts for you and your husband. Just an extra note, always be honest with your kids. They might not want to hear or listen, but when all is said and done, they will be glad that they were kept in the loop.

Tracie T
February 2nd, 2018, 08:31 PM
I will pray for your husband, you and family. I'm so sorry to hear this.

MaryUK
February 2nd, 2018, 09:09 PM
So sorry to hear your news, sometimes words cannot express how I feel for you and your husband at this time, but please be assured of my love and support for you all.

auntiemern
February 2nd, 2018, 11:50 PM
Nancy so sorry to hear such devastating news. My heart and prayers are with you, and your family.

Judy, USMC
February 3rd, 2018, 03:23 AM
News like that is difficult to hear. My heart goes out to you, Nancy. Praying that the biopsy shows the path to some sort of treatment. Prayers offered for him.

JulieC
February 3rd, 2018, 09:57 AM
I am so sorry to hear your heartbreaking news. Sending prayers to you and your family.

Rhonda K
February 3rd, 2018, 10:41 AM
Sending prayers for your DH. Best wishes for you and your family as you go through this diagnosis.

seaturtle
February 8th, 2018, 05:25 PM
Nancy, so sorry to hear your sad news. I hope you get some answers soon about the best course of treatment. Keeping your family in my prayers.