PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday, oh Wednesday

Monique
January 31st, 2018, 09:31 AM

Haha not killing skiters today let me tell you. It's a freeze your face day. Uh huh, nasty cold out. It is supposed to warm up later with snow, 2-4 inches predicted.

Last night went to watch the lads curl. Game ended in a tie. Turned out to be a really good game. Les' team were losing 6-0 and came back and tied it 7-7, wow. Boys had a few brewskies so I drove home. The night was so clear with a full moon. Any of you on the west coast see the lunar eclipse?

Yesterday I spent most of the day grocery shopping. I hit a really good deal on coffee pods for a Tassimo. The cost comes out to about .30 cents a cup. The only quilty thing I bought was a magazine. My cupboard is full, the fridge is full again. Now to decide what to eat today, LOL! And I got a much needed haircut as well.

Well today I hope to get the crazy quilt sandwiched. I really need to figure out the memory quilt and get that done.

Anywho, have a great day friends.

Star lover
January 31st, 2018, 09:41 AM
No skitters here either.....well at least we're to get to 40 today. Beats yesterday's low of 11 and high of 20! Happy the white stuff will melt some.

Monique, sounds like you had a great day yesterday. Nothin like a full pantry/frig. I tried an experiment dinner last night. (I used to do this once a week, DH isn't a fan, but I've come up with some great meals to put in the rotation). It turned out pretty good. Sweet potatoe hash. I baked the eggs a bit too long, but otherwise, yummy!

Funny how after shopping, I always wonder....what should I fix? Guess too many choices.

DH and I made a deal. He's sooooo in love with one of the donation quilts, that I went online (had to really search) and bought fabric to make him one. He's over the moon excited. Of course he wants this one to be hand quilted. But since I love to hand quilt....it's a win, win!

Hope everyone has a great day. .......it could be one of those once in a blue moon days! Hugs to all.

KPH
January 31st, 2018, 09:52 AM
Good Morning,

Well, started the phone call chain yesterday. Got everything in DH's wallet called and just like I thought, only one credit card account was in his name. The rest were gas cards in my name. DS#1 uses some budget app that he wants me to use. I'll probably use bits and pieces but there are somethings I just want to do for myself. He wants to set up an Uber account for me, for when he or Mike can't drive me around. Part of me hates that I gave up my license, but I just know that my vision isn't good enough to have that responsibility.

I told DS#1 that I'd like for him to set up the appointment with the lawyer. He didn't think that was smart, until I said- who knows your schedule better than you? If I make it, I could make it for a time when you wouldn't be available. Mike could go and should go, but we have no idea what his schedule is from 1 week to the next. He's only working 2 days this week, which really upset him.

Working on laundry today. Picked up chicken breasts on sale at the meat market yesterday. I'll get the 'suck 'em up' machine out and freeze them individually so I can pull out what I need. One of the families from PEP brought stew and green bean casserole for supper. It hit the spot. I'm not sure who is doing what tonight. I'm ready to go back and cook in my own kitchen, but they set this up from day one. I guess I'm just not used to how folks work down here, but it's nice to know that my son is working in such a caring environment.

Well, the washer is buzzing. One more load to put in and I'll be done with that for the week.

Be creative! Prayers for those in need.

grammaterry
January 31st, 2018, 09:56 AM
I love experimental cooking but DH is a real stick in the mud about anything NEW. So it sort of takes the joy out of it. I think that's the only thing I miss about the restaurant is creating things.
But...that's why we quilt...right?
GOing to DD's today. I thought DH was going but now he doesn't know. I hate being in limbo. If he goes, I'll come home tonight, if not, I'll stay so I need to pack a bag. Hummm.
Snow still on the ground but going to warm up some today.

JCY
January 31st, 2018, 10:04 AM
Good Morning ~ Are you viewing the eclipse? I've been checking out the window since I got up at 5 a.m. At last look, there was just a sliver of white showing. It was a warmer than usual night. It still was 60 deg. & windy when I went to bed last night. It's 32 now. We had a high of 66 yest. At least more of the snow melted away.

Well, I got some disconcerting news when I went in for my routine dental cleaning, exam & XRs yest. Our dentist left last week. The hygienist left in Dec. I'm really bummed out. The new hygienist was ok & did a good job. Neither DH nor I care for the other dentist in the office. He told me I have 13 cavities! And I need this, & this.... I'm not buying it. I think he's just out to make a bundle. DH says he will not go to that dentist, period! So... I left a msg. for the dentist who left (we had his cell no.) He called back & explained what happened. He's very content in a practice in a town 30 mi. away. I also called our former dentist who retired 2 yrs. ago & had a long chat with him. He gave me a recommendation for another dentist. I've checked that web site & talked to their office. I'm getting positive feelings about him/them. However, I'm waiting to determine if they accept our dental ins. So for now I'm in a holding pattern.

I accomplished no sewing yest. I was upset about the whole dentist thing & spent a long time on the phone during the afternoon. I did not watch the President's speech last night. I'll review the recap in today's paper.

Today is BSF, my usual Wendy's lunch, then 2 groc. stores. I need to buy chicken; it's time again to make soup for DH. Have a good "hump day".

Bubby
January 31st, 2018, 10:12 AM
Hi Everyone...I woke up with a cold/sinus infection today. I have felt it coming for a few days. Zinc lozenges work well for me, so I'll get them out and use them.

I'm slowly plugging along on the Flying Geese quilt. My goal is to take it to be quilted next Friday. There's a lot of sewing from here to there!

Kat, good to hear from you this morning. My prayers are with you. I'm thankful you have help have to go soon. It appears I am getting a cavity in a crown....is that even possible?

Wishing everyone a good day....will check in later. Heading back to bed for a bit. Hugs........

MissMay
January 31st, 2018, 02:06 PM
Seems many of us are stocking our fridges and pantrys cause that's on my list for today.

I also like to try new dishes, DH usually loves them as long as they are hot and not spicy. I've been finding the meat and chicken is a bit different, seems to me they are loaded with a lot of water and when cooked shrink a lot and are tougher to cut and eat. That's the same products and brands I've been using so I can tell the difference. Then again maybe the problem is with my teeth as they like me are aging a lot, LOL!

Have a good day, I'm going to relax a bit and have another cuo of coffee. 149905

CraftyJnet
January 31st, 2018, 02:48 PM
We were at the hospital until 2am. My daughter is in a tremendous amount of pain in her chest. She is pretty tough so I am really worried. The dr at the hospital said it was pleurisy or a strained muscle. It can't be a muscle because she was literally sobbing in pain. They didn't give her any pain meds, they told her to take three ibuprofen every six hours. She is finally asleep, poor thing. I wish there was something I could do for her.

Carolnnc
January 31st, 2018, 02:52 PM
Good afternoon. As usual I'm dragging in late like a lazy bones.

I have a date with my laptop & Turbotax. I've been putting it off all morning but have told myself I can just work on taxes for 2 hours & then stop & do something fun like bake cookies.

Tonight DH & I are going to look at a leather recliner that a neighbor has for sale. It's a good price so I hope it's not a really large one since we have a small living room.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Star lover
January 31st, 2018, 02:53 PM
Jeanette....adding your daughter to my prayers. So hard to watch our children suffer....will pray for you too.

KPH
January 31st, 2018, 04:00 PM
We were at the hospital until 2am. My daughter is in a tremendous amount of pain in her chest. She is pretty tough so I am really worried. The dr at the hospital said it was pleurisy or a strained muscle. It can't be a muscle because she was literally sobbing in pain. They didn't give her any pain meds, they told her to take three ibuprofen every six hours. She is finally asleep, poor thing. I wish there was something I could do for her.

Oh Jeannette, I'm so sorry to hear this. I remember Dad having that when I was young. Back then they put you in the hospital. He was up there for a month before they let him out. He did that twice before he finally decided to give up smoking.

Lifting prayers for your daughters health.

Bouse
January 31st, 2018, 06:46 PM

It really could be a muscle pain. My husband was hospitalised with such a pain they thought it was a heart attack. After they ran all the tests, they realised his heart was fine and he had pulled a muscle in his chest. Took a while to ease.