PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday hellos!!!

Monique
January 30th, 2018, 08:39 AM

Good morning friends. Well I continued with the 9 patches yesterday. I have more than I thought. I am now at about 160 of them. At this rate I shall have enough for a queen sized quilt. I sewed most of the day. AND I did also manage to finish the backing for the crazy quilt. Now I can get that sandwiched tomorrow.

We were supposed to get some snow last night but it doesn't appear so. I only hope it holds off until much later today because today is GROCERY day. I am taking my sister-in-law (the good one, hahaha) with me.

Other than that, there isn't too much new since yesterday. I wish each and every one of you a good day.

Star lover
January 30th, 2018, 08:45 AM
Oh Monique, you crack me up.....!!!

Good morning everyone.

Finished the top of one donation quilt, onto the second one. But I had to stop to shovel the rotten white stuff! Oh right. The dusting to an inch.....turned into 6-8"!!!! Can they call it or what? I know, the front shifted and..... I'm so over winter! Bring on spring.....soon.....pretty please! Maybe today I can finish the other today. Then it's onto machine quilting. Oh nothing fancy. I have no experience in FMQ and so they will have a simple grid. Hope it'll make someone happy.

Hope y'all have a great day. Hugs.

Ginny B
January 30th, 2018, 08:53 AM
Good morning Monique, Anita and all to follow. DH went back to work today so we are back on our "normal" schedule. The alarm goes off at 5 a..m. I enjoyed sleeping in until 6:15 or so but I do get a lot done when I get up earlier. Working on load #2 of laundry already.

When I got home last night after work I watched the weatherman and he said we would maybe get a coating to an inch of snow. Since it was an early morning today, we were in bed and asleep before the 11:00 report last night so I guess things changed because now we are hearing 2 - 4 inches. A nice surprise this morning. Yes, I said nice because I do love snow. I can see you all throwing snowballs at me right now. :) Let me clarify. I love this kind of snow -- gently falling quiet snow. Not blizzardy mixed with ice snow.

All that being said, I need to revamp what i was going to wear to work since I will first need to clear off my car and do a small bit of shoveling so I'd better get a move on if I want to still accomplish all that I had in mind to get done before work.

Have a good day all. Be safe and warm everyone.

Monique
January 30th, 2018, 09:07 AM
So how many days are left until Spring?

Spring 2018 Begins In

49 days, 6 hours, 44 minutes from now!!

Bubby
January 30th, 2018, 09:17 AM
Morning Everyone,

I plan to do housework this morning and spend the rest of the day sewing Flying Geese segments together. I'm so ready for this to be done and with my quilter. Then I will tackle a UFO and see if I have the determination to finish it.

Our local fabric store has 108" backings on sale for $5.99 a yard. I went there yesterday to take a peek and somehow I came home with enough for two large quilts. I almost made it a month without buying fabric! Actually there was a caveat in my declaration not to buy fabric....EXCEPT for borders, backing and batting. So I guess I'm still on the straight and narrow.....lol!

Jeff is leaving for work so I will check in later...Wishing everyone a wonderful day.

JCY
January 30th, 2018, 10:09 AM
Good Morning ~ What a delightful day yest. It got up to 60 deg. & is supposed to be 60 today as well. Lots of snow disappearing now. But it won't last. Spring is a while off for Colo. Our snowiest month is Mar. & April is 2nd. We're still way behind in our average snowfall, & the mts. need more snowpack for our summer water supply.

I had a productive day sewing yest. I did all the prep work for sandwiching the quilt (clipping threads, pressing, etc.), got the sandwiching done, pin basted, & perimeter machine basted. It's ready for quilting. I made a sample sandwich of 4 blocks. I still haven't decided on a FMQ pattern or if I'll use cotton or polyester thread. I have some King Tut I'd like to use, but I'm not sure there is enough left on the cone to do the whole quilt, which is approx. 45 x 60.

One of our LQS is closing its doors -- Laughing Ladies in Berthoud. I don't want to be tempted, so I'm not even going to their sale. I seldom shopped there anyway, but I hate to see them close.

This a.m. I have a dental appt. for routine cleaning & check. No more time now. Have a good day -- snow & all!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
January 30th, 2018, 10:38 AM
Good morning ladies,
We didn't get the snow they were predicting, but I think it may just be caught up somewhere and will be here later this week.

I had a wonderful massage yesterday and she focused on my left shoulder and neck. It is worst than I thought, as it left me just so relaxed, that I fell asleep in the lazy boy. And it was a good night's sleep. Since Michael is going to work today, I have the motivation to go work on finishing the quilting on the cutting corners quilt. My quilting friend Dorothy is coming in from the country for appointment so she will come by and show me the progress on the wedding quilt with guest signatures from her son's wedding.

Dorothy is also taking an ottoman that I have no space for. I am trying to declutter basement family room. It seems that we have ended up with friends furniture when they downsize. Enough of that. I am hoping to paint that room and have a decluttered look.
Have a good day everyone. Have fun.

KPH
January 30th, 2018, 11:04 AM
Good Morning All,

I woke up during the early morning. My nose/ sinuses are driving me nuts. Other than sitting up and blowing my nose off and on all night long, I'm fine. I guess I can thank my GD for that.

A lawyer from Jim's church came by yesterday to explain to the kids what the next steps were. Naturally, when she was here my retirement system called about ending Howard's medical coverage. I missed part of the discussion, but Jim is much more relaxed. I'm going ahead and calling the credit cards company. The gas cards were in my name, so nothing to do there. But, there were a couple of joint cards that I'd forgotten I had one of those cards in my pocket book (I didn't use them). So that chore won't be as bad as I thought.

Chuck went home yesterday after he and Mike cleaned out our personal stuff from the camper. One thing I didn't see was the knives. I'll send Mike back over for those. All the cast iron is back home, and I guess it's new home is in the garage until GS#1 starts Cub Scouts.

I have thank you notes to write. Many of those that are bringing meals and such are from Jim's work. He's going to take them to the admin to be addressed. I feel weird asking for student's personal information, even though it's for a good reason. I'm hoping he's writing thank you notes to his students that have been so supportive to us.

Best get busy. I'll make a few calls and then go work on the crown table runner. lol, or maybe I'll just blow my nose some more.

JCY
January 30th, 2018, 12:04 PM
Katrina ~ Do you have a Neti Pot? They work well for flushing that junk out of your sinuses. Using distilled water is recommended. I heat 1 c. of water in the MW for 26 sec. Hope you feel better soon. You have a lot on your platter right now. One step at a time.

grammaterry
January 30th, 2018, 12:09 PM
Our weather people get so excited when there is a weather event. They start talking about it a week before and by the time it gets here, I'm not listening anymore. First it was a dusting, then an inch then 1-3 inches, last night 4-6. This morning we are looking out the window and there might be an inch. Its bright and sunny and relatively pretty. The ugly part is the thermometer hovering under 30!! But just think...all the nasty bugs and their eggs can't live through this.
I FMQ'd yesterday and am down to only 4 more blocks. I don't know if I'll get out to the sewing room today or not with the cold weather and tomorrow I plan to head to SC to see DD. I probably need to vacuum and do a little cleaning in the house
I also need to start cutting binding for the double wedding ring. It has those scalloped edges and so I will definitely need to make it bias. I usually don't. I've never done a scalloped edge so if anyone has some great advice....

MissMay
January 30th, 2018, 01:12 PM
We received less snow than Ginny, maybe an inch or so, looks as if it will be around for awhile. Have to say it looks real pretty covering the tree limbs and ground with the sun shining on them.

Waiting for the plumber to arrive, DH can't get our gas fired fireplace lit. He called around and our regular plumber and a few local ones said they don't do gas fireplaces, even the gas company. He checked the manual and called the manufacturer, no help there for advice or replacement parts. Wonder what it will cost us as we haven't had plumbing work for quiet a few years and have no idea what plumbers are charging nowadays. I'll know when I hear DH's moans when he gets the estimate.

Since we'll be here for most of the day I think I'll get some meals prepared to eat now or freeze for a later date. {ATTACH=CONFIG]149879[/ATTACH]

KPH
January 30th, 2018, 01:22 PM
Katrina ~ Do you have a Neti Pot? They work well for flushing that junk out of your sinuses. Using distilled water is recommended. I heat 1 c. of water in the MW for 26 sec. Hope you feel better soon. You have a lot on your platter right now. One step at a time.

Joy, I don't have a neti pot, but I do have a little hand held vaporizer that I've been using a couple of times today already. I may have to invest in one.