PDA

View Full Version : Ho hum it's Monday!!

Monique
January 29th, 2018, 08:49 AM

Good morning friends. Not a very eventful weekend, and that is okay. On Saturday we did attend a hockey game that the neighbour girls played, they lost but were still in the finals yesterday but they ended up losing that one too. They had a prize table and Les won 3 prizes. One was a hockey sign, which he gave to Elaina (the goalie). She had been coveting that sign all day. She was pretty happy about that. He also won 2 gift certificates for 2 local businesses. One paid for dinner on Saturday and the other will pay for more bird seed/grass seed in the very near future.

I did more sewing/cutting on the 9 patches, yeah getting fed up with these. I guess I will have to put them away for a while. I do have over 100 for sure. Here is a great chart if you need one. I also put a new border on my crazy quilt as I wasn't happy with the one I had. I am happy now. I need to piece another piece to the backing to make it big enough. I may also do that today.

http://www.quiltngo.com/Data/Sites/1/freepatterns/tips/charm-pack-quilt-size-chart.pdf

I am not sure if Bonnie is coming today for our Sew In as I haven't heard from her. Tomorrow is Grocery Day. Mother Hubbard's cupboard is getting pretty bare.

Have a great day friends. And SMILE!!

P/S I am friends with Bekie Gober on Facebook and she says hi to everyone. Not sure what happened to her but she broke her arms. She misses everyone and will be back when she is able.

Star lover
January 29th, 2018, 08:59 AM
Mornin Monique and all who'll follow.

Too many must have been dreaming of me Saturday night. I didn't get much sleep. Went to bed last night about 10:30 and didn't remember a thing till the alarm went off at 4. So the dreamers must have been dreaming of someone else! Yeah!

Thank you for the PDF, I saved it. Sorry the 9 patches are taking a rest, but wow, understandable.....over 100. Whew, that's a lot. It'll get done, when you're ready. I too have not been happy with something and changed it and yahoo! Much better. I'm thankful that so far, I've never felt a whole quilt needed "fixing."

Really pretty weekend here. Saturday was 49 and sunny! Beautiful! Yesterday mid 40 and sunny too. I got spring fever! Not to worry, we're to get 4" of that dreaded white stuff today......if they're right. High in the low 20's......grrrrr. Mmmmm, only 8 or so weeks till spring.......grrrrrr.

Hope y'all are staying warm and have a great day! Hugs to all, prayers for so many! Special hugs to you!

Bubby
January 29th, 2018, 09:09 AM
Hi Monique & Everyone,

Another Monday, another week. I felt worn out yesterday after working at the apartments Saturday but I feel better today.

Jeff is ready to head for work and Dottie is taking her first nap of the day. Dogs have it so good around here.

I cooked an eye of round roast in the slow cooker yesterday and it was delicious. I rarely say that about meat because I'm a borderline vegan. Today I will be trying another slow cooker meal, pork roast cooked with sauerkraut with a sweet/spicy sauce.

There are flying geese all over my sewing room. Boy am I tired of making them! There is another FG quilt called Snow Geese I need to make. It's been on my quilting bucket list for years.

I hope the weekend went well for our Katrina. I'm so glad she will have our support and prayers and that she has family nearby.

Have a great day everyone.

KPH
January 29th, 2018, 10:00 AM
Good Morning All,

Yesterday was pretty peaceful around here. Esther was so generous, she gave me her cold. I feel like I was just getting over the one Jonathan shared with me. Oh well, I have plenty of Kleenex in the linen closet.

Today's plan is to contact the bank where I have the loan on the camper. I contacted Camper's Inn and they're willing to work with me, either consigning the camper or buying it out right. I'm hoping with all we put down, they'll just buy it back. Since it's in my name, I don't have to worry about that being part of the estate.

DS#1 has a church member that's coming to explain the differences in estate rules from NC to FL. I could do it all in NC, but I have to have a lawyer here. I guess there's other stuff I'll be thinking of during the day to ask her.

Talked to my friends that came from Charlotte last night. I couldn't believe it, they passed two gas stations on the way to the highway when they left the house. They ran out of gas about an hour outside of Jacksonville! They called AAA and was told that it would be 90 minutes. A little later, a deputy pulled in behind them and asked if they were alright. So they told them they were out of gas. He was so kind. He went up to the next exit and got them a gallon of gas. Come to find out, they were less than a mile to the next exit where there was a gas station. They called and cancelled the AAA, but AAA forgot to tell the guy getting the gas. He called and asked where they were. Mel said she apologized, but she'd cancelled the order. I just got so tickled listening to her tell the story. Another case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.

I guess I better get busy. Many phone calls will be happening over the next few days and I hate the phone! lol, oh well.

JCY
January 29th, 2018, 10:05 AM
Good Morning ~ Monique, DH slept poorly last night. Said he had 4 nightmares. Not sure why he has these nightmares. In them he's usually lost. He sleeps poorly anyway, but when he can't get back to sleep after a nightmare, he is worn out the next day. He doesn't have much energy to go on.

I figured/measured, cut fabric & got the quilt backing pieced yest. The wide middle section had to be pieced, too. There are 2 side panels, so it's in 3 vertical panels. Now that it's together, it looks ok. Next steps will be to clip threads from the back of the quilt top, starch/press top & back, then sandwich.

Lately our low temps. have been in the mid-20's with a.m. frost. Yest. it warmed up to 58 deg. It's supposed to be in the mid-60's tomorrow--another warm before the next cold front. Chance of rain or snow on Wed. Lots of melting of the snow. I see more grass & less snow in the yard, & that icy section in the street out front finally melted.

Today will be the usual laundry, finish my BSF lesson, & work on the quilt. I hope everyone has a good start to their week.

KarenC
January 29th, 2018, 10:24 AM
Good morning ladies. I was in Costa Rica last week so didn't spend a lot of time on computer. The weather was beautiful. Came back home to learn of a few deaths from cancer. That disease is so wretched, lurking in the background. Treasure each moment you have with loved ones. Katrina, I thought of you often. Yesterday I finished a quilt top I've been working on for the nursery. Hope to start quilting it this evening. Need to leave soon to take care of GD. She's 5 months today. Time flies.
Katrina, take your time with all those phone calls. Prioritize them and give yourself a breather in between.

Ginny B
January 29th, 2018, 10:27 AM
Good morning everyone. It's a bit of a cloudy, chilly, grey one here. Today will be my last day processing paper timesheets.....or so they say. We are switching over to the new system fully starting this pay period. Just clocking in using your fingerprint on the timeclock. We will see how it goes.

We had a good weekend. Got the Christmas tree taken down and then it was a little bit of this and that the rest of the weekend. Very enjoyable.

I hope everyone has a good day.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
January 29th, 2018, 10:45 AM
Good morning ladies,
It is sunny but cold this morning, and I am sooo much looking forward to a massage this morning. I love my therapist and while she works out my kinks, we will probably talk and laugh too much. Some days though, we (me mostly) are very silent. She takes my lead on yakity-yak or golden silence.
Monique, your Les must have a horseshoe in his b*tt. Hehe. Always nice to get something.
Katrina, you are fortunate for assistance on settling the estate. It amazes me how rules can vary. My girlfriend has been trying to settle her mom's estate and she lived in another province. First, the laws are different and so many more issues, especially as her brother was also named executor and refuses to sign anything.
I drove out of town Saturday for a lunch with 5 girlfriends. I also picked up two beautiful rocking chairs and a half-moon hall table from my friend's mom, who is moving to senior building. All 3 for $120. All are in great shape as she had them refinished about 10 years ago. Hubby was pleased with the one he has claimed. Larger seat and higher back.
Sunday I made beef bourgignon, and beef stew in the crockpot. I got six more blocks cut and sewed for my friend's 3 dudes quilt. I was getting tired and miscut one of the blocks by 1". Dang. So I stopped. I am making it as a queen size so I am working on my design wall to get the colour gradations right. Luckily I have lots of fabrics. It is Northcott Shimmer collection in earth tones.
I may or may not quilt today, depending on how relaxed I am after massage. If not, it will be my day of rest as DH is going into work today.
Have a good day.

I plan to sew after
Saturday

TMP
January 29th, 2018, 10:46 AM
Good morning everyone! I was upstairs fixing breakfast came down to eat and there was Sandy chomping on the molding alone the wall! Does a lab ever stop destroying stuff? She has calmed down a lot and I thought was over this constant chewing . I told her Bad Bad Dog! She knows its wrong because she ran and got in her crate. She needs a bath and she is now 80 pounds so there is no getting her in the tub. I have to wait until my daughter has time to go with me to the groomers. I can't get her in the car or out . She is stubborn sits and we have to drag her. No I can't get rid of her she was my husbands dog and she has calmed down a lot but let me tell you 10 toddlers would be easier to deal with than Sandy. Well enough about this dog.

I have blood work today and a recall on my car , so I need to get motivated and get dressed. Have a wonderful Day!

Bubby
January 29th, 2018, 11:08 AM
Good morning everyone! I was upstairs fixing breakfast came down to eat and there was Sandy chomping on the molding alone the wall! Does a lab ever stop destroying stuff? She has calmed down a lot and I thought was over this constant chewing . I told her Bad Bad Dog! She knows its wrong because she ran and got in her crate. She needs a bath and she is now 80 pounds so there is no getting her in the tub. I have to wait until my daughter has time to go with me to the groomers. I can't get her in the car or out . She is stubborn sits and we have to drag her. No I can't get rid of her she was my husbands dog and she has calmed down a lot but let me tell you 10 toddlers would be easier to deal with than Sandy. Well enough about this dog.

I have blood work today and a recall on my car , so I need to get motivated and get dressed. Have a wonderful Day!

This is exactly why we won't get a Lab as much as we love them. Friends of ours came home from church one day and their Lab had eaten the end off their house and was pulling insulation out and dropping it all over the yard. The end of their house!!
I feel for you, TMP!!

Nwmnteacher
January 29th, 2018, 11:44 AM
Good morning everyone,

We're in for a cold spell here in NW Minnesota. It was -2* when I got up this morning, and it's supposed to stay cold for a week or so. It makes the +30's we were experiencing seem like summer! Plus, we always seem so have wind blowing on the wide open prairie. I don't even want to think about wind chill.

I worked last Th. and over the weekend. JoAnn's was a little quieter than expected. I think everyone had purchased all the fleece they needed for those Christmas tie-blankets. Now it seems they've moved on to quilt projects. Lots of calico was cut over the weekend. People must be starting new quilts now that the Christmas sewing is finished.

I started a Block of the Week project. http://www.quiltedmoose.com/quilted-moose-52-week-block-challenge
It's great for scraps. I love Civil War reproduction fabrics, so I'm doing mine with with that style in mind. I have two blocks done, and hope to get two more done today to catch up for January.

Katrina, it's good to hear you will have someone advising you on the ins and outs of settling an estate. I hope you are able to recoup your money from the camper.

I need to find some motivation to get moving.

Jeanne

MissMay
January 29th, 2018, 12:52 PM
Quiet weekend, DS#1 was over for dinner yesterday and to watch football with DH, will the season really be over next weekend? I made a chicken dish that I made a week ago that wasn't quite right as the sauce was too thick. Found out the problem when I re-read the directions, to make the white sauce I used 4 tablespoons of flour and butter instead of 4 teaspoons of each, that surely made a big difference! Sauce was just right last night. We had plenty of veggies too, onions and mushrooms in the sauce and peas, baked potato and carrots on the side. Enough left over for tonight's dinner is a bonus.

Carolnnc
January 29th, 2018, 01:27 PM
Good morning. Multiple people were dreaming of me last night because I just could not sleep. My mind wouldn't shut down so I just curled up & read on my Kindle until DH got up for work at 5:15. After he left I feel asleep for a couple of hours & dreamed about my baby sister & an old boyfriend. Not sure what that was about:-)

I have all our tax documents so I am trying to get at least half way through our taxes on Turbotax. I don't mind doing our taxes but it take much longer since I donated a lot to Goodwill in preparation for downsizing. I looked at our mortgage statement last night & this is the second time they have sent a blank statement. I'm hoping the info is online so I don't have to wait for them to send a new paper statement. They did this several years ago & I didn't get the new statement until the end of March.

It's good to see that everyone is getting well.

Have a good day!

MaryUK
January 29th, 2018, 01:59 PM
Hi all. My first job this morning was washing - my laundry basket breeds overnight I'm sure - emptied it on Saturday but it's full again this morning.

DH and I went to the bank followed by the supermarket - he certainly knows how to give a girl a good time! I ironed a pile of clothes then lunch. At least doing the housework stuff made me feel justified in spending the afternoon in my sewing room, I have been working on the temperature quilt for 2017, have sewed all the days together in rows and now just have 4 months to add. It has been lovely doing it as because as each day was added I was remembering the events of last year, some incredibly sad and others sooo happy. I think I'll just put a small border on it and have it as a table mat - too small for anything else.

Hope you all have a good day and hugs for those in need, particularly Katrina x

grammaterry
January 29th, 2018, 02:03 PM
Morning to all of you. Hope your day is great. SOunds like everyone is planning a comfort meal for tonight. We are expecting snow but boy oh boy it sure is sunny and bright out there right now. Glorious day.