PDA

View Full Version : Monday Trivia: USA

Star lover
January 29th, 2018, 07:50 AM
Continued..... Interesting facts about the USA.

- The entire town of Whittier, Alaksa lives under one roof. (Hope you love your neighbor!)

- The number of bourbon barrels in Kentucky outnumbers the state’s population by more than two million. (....wonder why Kentucky isn't one of the happiest states (from previous post)? Guess you can't drink yourself happy......only pretty?))

- Columbus, Ohio is home to an eight-foot, nearly naked statue of Arnold Schwarzenegger. (It's OK, I'll pass).

- Montana's Glacier National Park has a canine "bark ranger" that helps herd wildlife away from high-traffic areas. (Would like to see this!)

- Many states have official state foods, but only Oklahoma has an official state meal: Squash, cornbread, fried okra, barbecued pork, grits, biscuits, sausage and gravy, corn, strawberries, chicken-fried steak, black-eyed peas, and pecan pie. (.......yum, sign me up!)

And thank you to Sandy Navas! To be continued.......guess we're a really interesting country!

Hulamoon
January 29th, 2018, 12:39 PM
Hawaii has a state meal. It's called a Luau. lol

Star lover
January 29th, 2018, 12:58 PM
Hawaii has a state meal. It's called a Luau. lol

Sign me up for that one too! Yum!!

Hulamoon
January 29th, 2018, 08:22 PM
A few years ago there was a shortage on Poi in markets. I don't buy it ,but it was funny to see how people were so angry about it. It's an acquired taste for sure. I'd rather have mashed potatoes.