PDA

View Full Version : It's Saturday Morning

JCY
January 27th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ Our Lady Bugs group had a good lunch at Perkins yest. noon. There were 20 of us. The service & food were good. It was the first time for my friend from the assisted living center to go. She has macular degeneration, so I had to read the menu choices to her. The lady who sat beside me had a stroke 20 yrs. ago & has poor vision. The stroke had affected her optic nerve. Some in the group use canes or walkers. We're all seniors, but some of the gals are rather frail & have medical problems. But we enjoy getting together once a mo.

After I took my friend back, I stopped by my LQS to drop off the batting & fabric scraps for pet beds. I was home by 1:00, which pleased DH. He really doesn't like to be left alone for long. I chilled out in the recliner for a while, read my book, then cat napped a bit. It didn't feel ambitious enough to do any sewing yest. Today I plan to finish up the border on the latest quilt & get the backing pieced.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Monique
January 27th, 2018, 10:25 AM
Good morning everyone. I worked a little on the itty bitty 9 patches for a while. I did go to the library and download a bunch of movies. The internet there is so much faster than mine.

Today we are going to go watch the neighbour girls play in a hockey tournament. They are both on same team. Other than that, no a whole lot planned for today.

Have a great day friends.

shermur
January 27th, 2018, 10:54 AM
I received an email from Missouri Star this morning regarding "Put us to the test and let us win back your trust".

The email entailed their accountability of the shipping issues over the last "couple of months" and is guaranteeing that all the kinks have been worked out.
Being most confident they can now process almost all orders within three business days, and most much faster. I am still not happy with the only option of Surepost (?) and it taking forever to receive my order. I would still like the option to choose how I want it shipped and pay extra if I choose to.
So, I responded and advised I will order eventually when the new Mod Block will be available and I would order more often if they would carry Art Gallery fabric....since Missouri Star DOES NOT carry my favorite fabric to work with, I am forced to order it from other websites and companies.

grammaterry
January 27th, 2018, 11:19 AM
Sherri, good to know that they value your business enough to respond with a personal email. I'm sure it is difficult to carry every line of fabric out there.
Joy, your luncheon sounded successful. its hard when all of our friends health begin to deteriorate. We can be thankful that we are still able to get around and help them.
Monique, I think it is great that you and your DH get out and do so many things together. I am married to a real homebody. He isn't much for getting out of the house to socialize.
As for me, sewed some yesterday. Got 7 more blocks fmq'd. 24 more to go. Then I will seek help with the binding issue of scallops. Finished ready another book last night. I am so grateful for Kindle and the library service to download free books. I am able to read instead of tv.

Ginny B
January 27th, 2018, 11:24 AM
Good morning everyone. Woo hoo, the weekend is finally here. Seems a bit chilly out but the sun is shining so that makes me happy. Today we will head over to my sis and bil's and take care of watering their plants, running the car , checking mail, etc. They are in Costa Rica until the beginning of March so we go over there once a week while they are gone. It's only a 20 minute trip to their place so it won't take us long. Then I plan on doing a lot of cleaning around here. I woke up early (around 6) and I had a lot of pain and stiffness in my back .....like someone was pressing in on both sides of my spine. I thought, uh oh, there goes my cleaning plans. But after I got up and walked around for a few minutes, went back to bed, hubby gently massaged me, I went back to sleep for a couple hours and when I woke up again at 8, it was so much better.

I got that email from M* this morning saying they had added Quilters Cash to my account and I have a couple things on my wishlist that I think I will order and see how the shipping goes.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone.

Heather
January 27th, 2018, 11:45 AM
Good morning all, finally our laundry room is nearing completion. And I'm not at the laundromat this morning, our new machines have delivered. Never had a front loader before but ran 4 loads last night after work and was pleased with it. I may even get to see the inside if my sewing room this weekend.
I second the AGF fabric, if only it was a available here... Kind thoughts to everyone, and enjoy the weekend!

Carolnnc
January 27th, 2018, 12:33 PM
Good morning. It's a beautiful sunny day & the temperature is supposed to get up to 60 degrees (yahoo).

DH is home today and I'm looking forward to spending the day with him. We are going to have a big breakfast & then head out a a Volkswagen show to surprise some friends. They moved away about 8 years ago. I babysat their daughter for her first 3 yrs. and I can't wait to see her.

After that we are going to head to Walmart so I can get new glasses. It's a chore that I really don't like. I have to get children's frames & the selection is always so small. I'm hoping we can just use one of my old frames that I like.

I've planned steak & salad for dinner. After that it's the couch & Netflix!

Prayers to Katrina, she has been on my mind the past few days.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Navy Wife
January 27th, 2018, 01:02 PM
It's cloudy today and supposed to rain, but at least it's not too cold. In the 40's now and 50's for high. I would like to see some sun, but I shouldn't complain!

I won't be sewing today. Leaving in a bit to go to DS#2 for lunch. And to meet our new granddog! They got him last weekend. His name is Andy and he's a Shihtzu. They had a female when they got married almost 30years ago, and he looks just like Holly.

I don't have to sing at church tomorrow. We have the Lee University choir coming down for a concert. I really enjoy hearing the young folks sing! We had the Maryville High School choir and orchestra a couple of weeks ago.

Angelia
January 27th, 2018, 02:27 PM
It's cloudy today and supposed to rain, but at least it's not too cold. In the 40's now and 50's for high. I would like to see some sun, but I shouldn't complain!

I won't be sewing today. Leaving in a bit to go to DS#2 for lunch. And to meet our new granddog! They got him last weekend. His name is Andy and he's a Shihtzu. They had a female when they got married almost 30years ago, and he looks just like Holly.

I don't have to sing at church tomorrow. We have the Lee University choir coming down for a concert. I really enjoy hearing the young folks sing! We had the Maryville High School choir and orchestra a couple of weeks ago.

My daughter and my son-in-law both graduated from Lee.

CraftyJnet
January 27th, 2018, 02:55 PM
Good morning! Yesterday I had quite a day. I went north to visit my BFF and we ran errands and shopped. Boy did we shop! The dollar store, Tuesday Morning, Michaels, JoAnn's and Beverly's! I was very tired afterwards. My friend had never been to Tuesday Morning before. It was a nice, clean, spacious store. She bought some fabulous deals on yarn and on 1 yard canvas fabric pieces. Actually, she bought something everywhere; it was that kind of day. I was good and only picked up some insulbrite and a panel. Today I feel like I could just rest in a chair somewhere. We'll see what DH wants to do. Have a great Saturday!!

KPH
January 27th, 2018, 10:51 PM
It's far from morning and it's been a long day. DH's memorial service was beautiful. His aunt has a crush on the pastor. She no longer uses any filters, and proceeded to tell him he had the cutest dimples... and did he know that dimples were from where angels pressed to see if you were ready. So he's been touched by the angels and he was ready to be a good preacher.

The dinner was lovely. Apparently things are really different in FL. You have to have a lawyer to handle the estate, lol, so we'll see how that goes.

Almost all the company will leave tomorrow. BIL that got here first will be here until Tues. He's going to take me to Camper World to see what can be done about our camper. We just bought it before we moved. I can't drive. I have no way to get it to the 'check up' that's the first of Feb. Tags are coming due, and I want to get rid of it! So, Monday, we're crossing the bridge and seeing what they're willing to do to help me.

My MIL is really having a hard time. She's not ready to go back to IN, but has to go home with the son that lives there. He's supposed to have surgery at the end of the week on his back. This trip has been really hard on both of them physically and emotionally.

Thank you for all of your support this week. I felt like I was doing really well, until Facebook posted a memory this morning showing him recovering his favorite chair. I really miss him and his snoring (I didn't realize how much noise he made at night, until it wasn't there).

My love to all.

Star lover
January 27th, 2018, 11:01 PM
Katrina, you're in my thoughts and prayers. We're all here if you need us. Hugs and love!

Anitamae56
January 27th, 2018, 11:33 PM
Katrina,
You are doing so good, but I know you are carrying a lot of grief inside. The hurt and feeling of the loss will never go away but it does get where you can tolerate it better. My true prayers are with you and a great big hug goes to you. I understand missing the snoring and all those things, cherish your memories.

cv quilter
January 27th, 2018, 11:58 PM
It's far from morning and it's been a long day. DH's memorial service was beautiful. His aunt has a crush on the pastor. She no longer uses any filters, and proceeded to tell him he had the cutest dimples... and did he know that dimples were from where angels pressed to see if you were ready. So he's been touched by the angels and he was ready to be a good preacher.

The dinner was lovely. Apparently things are really different in FL. You have to have a lawyer to handle the estate, lol, so we'll see how that goes.

Almost all the company will leave tomorrow. BIL that got here first will be here until Tues. He's going to take me to Camper World to see what can be done about our camper. We just bought it before we moved. I can't drive. I have no way to get it to the 'check up' that's the first of Feb. Tags are coming due, and I want to get rid of it! So, Monday, we're crossing the bridge and seeing what they're willing to do to help me.

My MIL is really having a hard time. She's not ready to go back to IN, but has to go home with the son that lives there. He's supposed to have surgery at the end of the week on his back. This trip has been really hard on both of them physically and emotionally.

Thank you for all of your support this week. I felt like I was doing really well, until Facebook posted a memory this morning showing him recovering his favorite chair. I really miss him and his snoring (I didn't realize how much noise he made at night, until it wasn't there).

My love to all.

Katrina, just sending my love, hugs, prayers and wishes for a healing time for you and your loved ones. YOU ARE an incredibly strong woman. I LOVE the story about DHs aunt and the preacher and his beautiful dimples. That makes me smile and I can picture it! You have a wonderful sense of humor and a super talent for expressing your thoughts. I admire you!

JCY
January 28th, 2018, 12:01 AM
Katrina, I've had you in my thoughts & prayers all day. After all the family leaves & the house is quiet is when the reality will kick in. I'm glad you have someone to help you with the motor home. You'll still have supportive family in the area, so you won't be totally alone. May God continue to comfort & strengthen you in the days ahead. One day at a time.

Cokie
January 28th, 2018, 02:14 AM
Katrina, you've been in my thoughts and prayers all day. I hope that your memories will bring you comfort, even if they also bring tears at times. You have been a blessing to all of us through this with your faith and your strength - it's OK if sometimes you don't feel strong. Know that we are here for you. Sending you a hug tonight.

Bouse
January 28th, 2018, 03:15 AM
Katrina, I’ve also been thinking about you all day. You are done by so well copying by with this. Currently yourself some slack, it’s only been a few days. It will take a long time for you to get used to your new “normal”.

Bubby
January 28th, 2018, 06:13 AM
Sending my prayers, hugs and warm wishes. I'm glad someone is there to help you with your motor home. Everything will come together for you a little at a time. We're here for you.

Ginny B
January 28th, 2018, 11:14 AM
Katrina, you have been on my mind and in my thoughts and prayers all week. I am glad you have someone to help you with the camper issue. (((((Hugs)))))