PDA

View Full Version : Friday has finally arrived

Monique
January 26th, 2018, 10:18 AM

Good morning, I slept in this morning. I did take a pill last night and this morning I just had a hard time opening my eyes, so I stayed in bed. I never heard Les leave for his appointment this morning. He also works a little today.

The temperatures will start rising again today. It should be a relatively warmer weekend. Not sure what's going on this weekend yet.

Yesterday I worked away at those 9 patches. I have quite a stack of them now. We shall see what I do today.

My vacuum cleaner belt broke yesterday. I was able to get a new belt but it must have taken me 1/2 to get it back on. Not an easy job. It runs really well now. Remind me not to try and vacuum the toilet mat again.

Have a great day friends.

Star lover
January 26th, 2018, 10:38 AM
Morning Monique and all who'll follow.

Something must be in the air, I slept horrible! Course I had the worse headache of my life! Laying down made it worse, so I sat up. It's some better now.....at least I don't want to rip my eye out!

Hopefully Monique you'll feel better as the day goes on. Really looking forward to seeing your 9 patches. Sounds like fun and knowing you.....it's a gonna be gorgeous!

We're gonna make it to the 40's today and through the weekend.....then dropping like a rock! Enough! I'm sooooo ready for spring!

Made some progress on the donation quilts. Border fabric arrived, but it cam after 5, so not much time to play. Part of today's plan.

Hope everyone is feeling good, crud at bay and never to be seen....ever! Love and hugs to all!

KPH
January 26th, 2018, 10:42 AM
Good Morning All,

MIL, and both BILs, and SIL are all here. The last three arrivals are staying at the Holiday Inn Express. Taking MIL to funeral home to see DH this morning. I don't think I'll go back there with her. BILs can do that. The doctor hadn't signed the death certificate as of yesterday afternoon. So... we'll see what the day brings. The rest of the relatives should be arriving all day today.

When DH's Pawpaw passed, all the cousins stayed with us. We made Krispy Kreme donut runs every night. That was back before the chain franchised, so they were a local thing everyone grew up on. We'd get 6 dozen hot donuts and bring them home for everyone to enjoy. They would all be gone before breakfast. We did that for 3 nights. I put on face book last night, I knew where the Krispy Kreme was, we all needed to make a donut run tonight. At our ages now, I doubt we'd go through 6 dozen now.

Time for the circus begin. Be blessed, prayers for those in need.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
January 26th, 2018, 10:42 AM
Good morning Monique,
I am happy that it will warm up a bit this weekend. I am still feeling rough from our visit and late nighter at friends last Saturday. I know what you mean about good sleep. I need at least 9 hours or I can't get going. Doesn't it feel great to sleep in. Well I know that you will be busy today.
Yesterday, I went to Kanata to pick up my ticket to see Tula Pink in March. Picked up some fabric at another store, then IKEA store. Now I know why I only go there maybe once a year or two. Ours is massive on 3 floors. I wanted 2 doors for a Billy bookcase, but ours had been discontinued, but found a good match. They should give people a GPS with exit signs when they go in. Took me 2hrs to get in and out.
A quick visit to my mom and picked up her laundry and brought her bananas and cheese curds. She loves her curds. Then groceries.
Also did more shredding of papers, cleaning up my office. I was wiped and in bed, reading by 9:30.
Today, will visit my daughter and drop off laundry at my mom. Ahh, you remind me that I need to finish the vacuuming.
Saturday, I will drive to my girlfriend's mom to pick up her 2 wooden rocking chairs and small hall table. I am excited about these. Not one of the kids or grandkids want her furniture and stuff. She is sad that they don't value enough to have as souvenir. She is pleased that they are coming to me. I am grateful.
On that note I hope that everyone has a productive day. I am gearing up for a quilting week.

Mom23
January 26th, 2018, 10:58 AM
Good Morning All,

I'm anxiously waiting for our painter to arrive so I can head out for a fun day. A quilt shop is going out of business in a town near here so I'm going to check it out. I'm also going to browse antique and thrift stores. This same trip was on my agenda for Tuesday but it just didn't work out. I'm going to fess up right now, my fabric moratorium will be busted today. It lasted 26 days this year which is much better than last year.

I think of our Katrina so often throughout the day. She is handling the death of her husband so much better than I think I would. This weekend will be a busy and emotional time for her so I will continue to keep her at the top of my prayer list.

Last night I started sorting patterns in my sewing room. Ugh! I know I won't use half of them but I just can't get rid of them. Do you do the same thing? Many of them are printed from the internet. I know I could bookmark them on my laptop and throw the paper away but I just can't do it. There are days when I just need to sit down for an afternoon cup of tea and browse my pattern books. I'm trying real hard to downsize but it's so hard when it comes to my sewing room.

Gotta go, painter guy should be here in a couple of minutes then I'm off to play.

Bubby
January 26th, 2018, 11:36 AM
Good Morning Everyone...

Today is our 10th Anniversary. Ten years ago we eloped to Eureka Springs, Arkansas and got married in the parlor of a quaint Victorian mansion. We both agree we would marry each other again. Jeff brought me a lovely bunch of coral roses home yesterday and a nice card. When I feel like eating again we will go out for a nice dinner. Jeff has to work a double shift today.

Katrina, my prayers are with you. Hopefully having your family with you will be some comfort to you.

Robin, have a great play day!

I'm working on our taxes today so I'm off to dig through stacks of receipts.

Prayers and Hugs....Barb

Star lover
January 26th, 2018, 11:40 AM
How wonderful Barb! I hope you and Jeff have many more anniversaries! Enjoy when you're feeling better!

grammaterry
January 26th, 2018, 11:53 AM
Oh Katrina...donuts...what a great idea. At thanksgiving this year our oldest DD brought krispy kreem donuts for her contribution to the dinner. What a hit. Our homemade goodies just sat while the children gobbled up the donuts. So, it had been years since I went to one of those places so I stopped one day while out traveling. OH MY! The prices! I remember them at $2 a dozen. NOw they are $10-12. I was sticker shocked!!
I've never been to an Ikea store, but I do hear they are really big. Almost an event to go to.
Sounds like the crud is passing from our quilter group. I am so glad that we are almost well as a group. Do you think this was the flu? Eventhough I thought it was a cold, it wasn't exactly and now I hear on the news the symptoms and wonder.
Made ham and beans yesterday and it was such a satisfying meal to me. DH isn't as crazy about beans as myself but he ate them.
Today is our last day of "semi warm " weather and then we are making another plunge. Ugh! I am so tired of winter.
Got 6 more blocks fmq'd on the double wedding ring. Not great...but I will have to say passable.
I am dreaming of yard work and house painting so spring must be around the corner.
Went to the fish pond yesterday and broke up the ice somewhat and put some food out for them. Discovered a dead one. Makes me sad. I don't know if he died from starvation or freezing. The pond has been frozen over for more than a month which is longer than anytime I can remember.
House needs a good cleaning and today just might be the day.

JCY
January 26th, 2018, 11:59 AM
Good Morning ~ Sleeping in? What's that?! It's not a luxury I ever have due to my caregiving. I try to get 7 hrs. a night, but sometimes it's only 6.5. I didn't have enough time before 6 a.m. to post, so I'm back. DH's salads for the next 2 days are made. I'll be eating out today. Our Lady Bugs group is meeting at Perkins for lunch. We usually have at least 20, although our group totals 30 or more now. I'm picking up a friend who lives at an assisted living center; she uses oxygen, so we have to wrangle her tank & carrier into the seat next to her.

Yest. I worked more on the wildlife quilt. Finished sewing the rows together & made a start on the border. I had the strips all pieced & ready to sew on. As I was sewing on the first long strip -- of course, it would be the long side! -- I noticed a flaw in the fabric. Too much of a flaw for me to ignore, since this quilt will be a gift. So...I spent the next half hour ripping it out. I have just enough fabric left for a new strip. I also sewed together 4 blocks for a sample for FMQ practice.

Yest. was cloudy most of the day. The sun finally came out ~2:30 & the temp. warmed up to 50. We still have snow on the ground, & the street out front has a large icy area near the intersection. Most of the streets are clear. Only 40's today. Both of the rabbits were out yest. a.m. One was here (outside the kitchen window) by the back patio nibbling on the grape hyacinth leaves -- one of the few green things in the yard. They're hardy--hard to kill--so I don't mind if they eat them.

After lunch today, I'll stop by my LQS to drop fabric & batting scraps for making pet beds. The shop still is coordinating with M* on quilts & pet beds for disaster victims. It's not just the hurricanes now, but also survivors of the fires, etc. I had some batting trimmings as well as old practice sandwiches which I cut up into smaller pieces. If they'll keep some pet warm, it sure beats throwing all those scraps away.

Thinking of you, Katrina, as you deal with the influx of relatives, your DH's service tomorrow, etc. The loss will really hit home after all the hub bub & family leaves. We're praying for you. I hope everyone has a good week end.

JCY
January 26th, 2018, 12:16 PM
Happy Anniversary, Barb! Wishing you many more years together.

It was 42 yrs. for DH & me last Aug. A 2nd marriage for both of us. Since DH no longer is able to drive the car, he looks through my card stash & writes meaningful sentiments. I just replenished my card stash with BD, anniv., get well, & sympathy cards from Christian Book Distributors, where you can order beautiful boxed cards. Even with shipping & tax, the cards figure out to be only 43 cents each. You can't get a card that cheap even at a dollar store. I give a lot of cards to folks at my church as well as family & friends.

Krispy Kreme donuts sound delicious, but are not on my food list due to my diabetes. I splurged earlier this week on only half of a white potato; my pp blood sugar was >200! The glycemic index for white potatoes is very high -- also anything white -- white bread, white rice, pasta, etc. It does take the enjoyment out of eating sometimes.

Angelia
January 26th, 2018, 12:34 PM
Happy Anniversary, Barb and Jeff.

Thinking of you, Katrina.

Bubby
January 26th, 2018, 01:48 PM
If I ate a Krispy Kreme donut I would go into a diabetic coma....lol! Joy, rice (white or brown) bothers my sugar more than potatoes. It sends it to the moon. I look at food as fuel rather than something to enjoy....a little sad, but feeling good is more important to me than what I eat.

Bubby
January 26th, 2018, 01:49 PM
Thank you, Anita. I love the roses!!
How wonderful Barb! I hope you and Jeff have many more anniversaries! Enjoy when you're feeling better!

Jean Sewing Machine
January 26th, 2018, 04:13 PM
Happy anniversary, Barb and Jeff!

And Katrina, so sorry for your loss. It is a circus after a loved one passes, then it gets deathly quiet. Then it all sinks in what the new reality you are now in. I have been in your shoes.

Bubby
January 26th, 2018, 04:27 PM
I have been in those shoes, too. In my case, everyone stayed with me several days and as soon as they left my bereavement leave was over and I had to go back to work without any time for myself to try to get some traction. It was miserable. It's almost surreal, but taking one day at a time is the best advice I can give you. If I had been on the forum then I think it would have made a big difference. I will continue to pray for you, Kat.

MaggieSue
January 26th, 2018, 04:55 PM
Happy Anniversary Barb, wishing you and Jeff many more! Katrina, you are at the top of my prayer list.

Iris Girl
January 26th, 2018, 08:02 PM
Happy anniversary to Barb and Jeff. Katrina my thoughts are with you.

Simply Quilting
January 26th, 2018, 09:31 PM
Happy Anniversary Barb and Jeff!

Hugs and prayers for you Katrina.

cv quilter
January 26th, 2018, 10:28 PM
Happy Anniversary Barb and Jeff! Barb, so sorry you are ill and not able to enjoy a nice dinner with your sweet man, but maybe when you are able to enjoy it will be even sweeter! Feel better soon!

sewbizzy
January 27th, 2018, 12:47 AM
Happy Anniversary to you, Barb and Jeff!!!
The decision you made 10 years ago must have been right...you seem to make each other so happy!

Debbie Watters
January 27th, 2018, 03:25 AM
Happy anniversary, Barb and Jeff! Many more years of happiness to you ...

Thoughts and prayers to you, Katrina.