PDA

View Full Version : Friday Trivia: Cows

Star lover
January 26th, 2018, 07:51 AM
Cows outnumber people in nine U.S. states, starting with South Dakota, where there are 4.5 cows for every resident.

The others in descending order are Nebraska, Montana, North Dakota, Wyoming, Kansas, Idaho, Iowa and Oklahoma.

Moooolicious! Actually I don't like milk. I LOVE LOVE ice cream......does that count?! Well I guess the cows could be for beef......?

auntstuff
January 26th, 2018, 08:06 AM
Milk makes great cheese too. I love cheese!

Monique
January 26th, 2018, 10:22 AM
Brown cows give chocolate milk.........................

Star lover
January 26th, 2018, 10:32 AM

Maybe I should try the chocolate.....cows milk!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
January 26th, 2018, 10:46 AM
Love that trivia. DH was born in Oklahoma and raised in Kansas. Guess that's why he loves milk, ice cream and cheese. Me too!

auntstuff
January 26th, 2018, 10:54 AM
Spent my early years milking cows and making butter, cheese, and ice cream.

MRoy
January 26th, 2018, 10:58 AM
In 2016, KY was the #1 beef cattle producer in the Eastern U.S and 8th in the nation. DH is a beef producer. We have over 150 beef cows on our farm.

grammaterry
January 26th, 2018, 11:55 AM
reading this post, I realized that the statistics are for all cows...at first I was thinking milk cows. Still a stunning statistic.

JCY
January 26th, 2018, 12:01 PM
I don't drink cow's milk anymore, but I sure eat a lot of cheese. I love ice cream, too, but have to eat it sparingly. I love a dollop of it in my coffee.

LauraP
January 26th, 2018, 12:48 PM
so if you get chocolate milk from brown cows do you get strawberry milk from red cows? What do you get from spotted cows?

Star lover
January 26th, 2018, 01:11 PM
so if you get chocolate milk from brown cows do you get strawberry milk from red cows? What do you get from spotted cows?

You get both!

Hulamoon
January 26th, 2018, 01:27 PM
Funny...I live across the street from a cow pasture :icon_happy:

snippet
January 26th, 2018, 01:50 PM
All my cousins raise cattle. One owned a few dairies but he sold them a few years ago. Now he's just got cattle for beef.

farmgirlretired
January 26th, 2018, 02:06 PM
In Missouri there is a dairy that produces several flavors of milk, Birthday cake, strawberry, chocolate, cookies and cream, root beer,blueberry, and a couple of other kinds. So from spotted cows you would get cookies and cream milk.

Bubby
January 26th, 2018, 02:11 PM
We have more than our share of cows/cattle in our county. Our soil isn't suitable for agriculture, so most farms are cattle or dairy farms. We also have quite a number of Amish families that have bought land in our area. I often drive to town with an Amish buggy in front or behind me. I almost hit a buggy about 3 weeks ago when the horse bolted through a stop sign. It was a very close call.

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
January 26th, 2018, 02:13 PM
from spotted cows you get marbled milk :icon_happy:

Star lover
January 26th, 2018, 02:51 PM
from spotted cows you get marbled milk :icon_happy:

Pam!!!! It's great to hear from you! So happy things are better! Welcome back!

I just might like marbled milk.....birthday cake milk, cookies and cream! Oooo, I'd love that flavor!

Cokie
January 26th, 2018, 08:16 PM

I believed this when I was a little girl...

Hulamoon
January 26th, 2018, 08:33 PM
I have a cute story. I took the girls to visit family and needed some sippy cups. One of them was pink see thru. I gave them some milk and my oldest dd said 'but I don't want pink milk'. It was so funny because of the serious look on her face.

LLLinda
January 26th, 2018, 10:00 PM
FARMGIRLRETIRED, are you referring to Shatto Milk? I have wanted to go there for their tours but haven't as yet. They have samples too and understand they are now making ice cream.

Simply Quilting
January 28th, 2018, 07:40 PM
In Missouri there is a dairy that produces several flavors of milk, Birthday cake, strawberry, chocolate, cookies and cream, root beer,blueberry, and a couple of other kinds. So from spotted cows you would get cookies and cream milk.

If this is in reference to Shatto Milk in Osborn, MO, I wanted to say that when you visit Hamilton, be sure to stop into Mama Hawk's as she carriers their milk in her store. The children have fun picking out which flavor they want with their cinnamon roll or lunch. :)

swelch883@yahoo.com
January 29th, 2018, 01:09 PM
I had to laugh when reading this because Friday I had to help a neighbors cows find their way back home. Someone left the gate open and they went on a little adventure 149857

Star lover
January 29th, 2018, 01:11 PM
Door to door milk delivery? LOL

swelch883@yahoo.com
January 29th, 2018, 01:46 PM
I don't know, but it put us in the mood to have steak for dinner :-)

Star lover
January 29th, 2018, 01:47 PM
I don't know, but it put us in the mood to have steak for dinner :-)

Hey, that'll work! What time is dinner? Hee hee. Can't beat a good steak!