PDA

View Full Version : What browser do you use for Windows 10?

Hulamoon
January 24th, 2018, 07:53 PM
I've been having trouble with what came with it, Microsoft Edge. I found out that it doesn't support Java and is causing problems with some web sites such as Pinterest. I was so used to Internet Explorer and I'm having a hard time changing. I'm frustrated :(

auntstuff
January 24th, 2018, 08:24 PM
I'm loving my Firefox all the way. It supports Java. Has a good adblocker too.

grammaterry
January 24th, 2018, 08:29 PM
New computer came with the edge but I'm using internet explorer

JCY
January 24th, 2018, 08:31 PM
I don't have Windows 10. I had it blocked with "Never 10"; I'm still using W-7 & use Internet Explorer.

Hulamoon
January 24th, 2018, 08:40 PM
New computer came with the edge but I'm using internet explorer

What version do you use? I went to the download site and there are so many versions that I got confused.

GuitarGramma
January 24th, 2018, 09:10 PM
I resisted leaving Internet Explorer for a long time. Eventually I was forced to change because IE didn't work on a web site I needed for a client.

I don't like Edge but will use it occasionally. I find Chrome is really good. It works on every site consistently.

The biggest reason to leave IE is because they're not making security updates to it anymore. This means you're at risk of viruses and other cyber attacks on IE more than any other browser

Give Chrome a try and see if you like it.

Hulamoon
January 24th, 2018, 09:25 PM
I resisted leaving Internet Explorer for a long time. Eventually I was forced to change because IE didn't work on a web site I needed for a client.

I don't like Edge but will use it occasionally. I find Chrome is really good. It works on every site consistently.

The biggest reason to leave IE is because they're not making security updates to it anymore. This means you're at risk of viruses and other cyber attacks on IE more than any other browser

I keep getting those loud call us or we are going force a shut of your computer or what ever they say. I have shut down my computer so many times this week. So edge isn't blocking them either. How do you get rid of those dam things? I have McCaffe.

I'll try out Chrome I guess.

GuitarGramma
January 24th, 2018, 09:48 PM
I keep getting those loud call us or we are going force a shut of your computer or what ever they say. I have shut down my computer so many times this week. So edge isn't blocking them either. How do you get rid of those dam things? I have McCaffe.

I'll try out Chrome I guess.
Those "Call us or else" notices aren't really viruses, they're scams hoping you WILL call & give them your credit card number. True viruses and other malware are quieter and sneakier than that. Things like capturing your credit card number when you type it in, or your password. The hackers keep getting better, and IE has quit trying to fight them.

Having said that, I do understand why you don't like Edge. I hope you find Chrome to be a better choice.

Midge
January 24th, 2018, 09:58 PM
I use Chrome and it is much better than Edge. People should stop using Internet Explorer because there is no more support for it unless you are using version 11 and you are making yourself vulnerable to malware and viruses. I liked Win 7 too, and I can’t say the same for Win 10. Chrome updates automatically to protect you and there are many useful free extensions available. Lorie, you should use Adblock Plus if you get Chrome.

CraftyBarb
January 24th, 2018, 10:08 PM
I use google chrome and have no problems with it. My b/f just got a new PC with Edge but I put the chrome on there for him to use. It came with McAfee but I am not sure for how long it is for. There was not much info that came with the PC so I need to call them. Since we get Norton anti virus free through our cable I will install that soon.

snippet
January 25th, 2018, 03:55 AM
I got rid of Edge and Internet Explorer. I use Chrome.

Iris Girl
January 25th, 2018, 08:51 AM
I use chrome on all my devices.

Hulamoon
January 25th, 2018, 10:16 AM
I made the switch and love it already! And I got my Pinterest back! Now to download the site Midge gave me. Thanks everyone!

jjkaiser
January 25th, 2018, 12:41 PM
Firefox. But I still have Windows XP, LOL!!!

grammaterry
January 25th, 2018, 01:06 PM
Now, if you have windows 10 it came loaded with Windows defender and probably a trial of McCaffe. Windows defender will not work with McCaffe so you have to uninstall it for defender to work for your virus protection. As soon as I did this, I stopped having issues with my websites not working.

Patty J
January 25th, 2018, 06:08 PM
I got a new lap top for Christmas from DH. It has Edge on it and there is a learning curve for sure. I'll talk to my son (computer guru) about getting Chrome. I'll show him what everyone has to say. Thanks.

Pandabear
January 25th, 2018, 06:18 PM
Google Chrome. I can 'log in' and have access to my Gmail and my Google drive

Hulamoon
January 25th, 2018, 06:22 PM
I really like the tabs you can create at the top. That was worth the change alone.

mommadeb
January 25th, 2018, 07:43 PM

I stopped using IE for that reason exactly. I tried Firefox but it was blocking so much or not allowing so many things that I finally got rid of it. I did not understand their settings for things though either. I don't use MS Edge either. I use Chrome and have been quite happy with it.

sydneybean
January 26th, 2018, 03:12 PM
I use Chrome. Haven't used IE for at least 20 years.