PDA

View Full Version : You did it before. Want to do it again?

cyndiofthevortex
January 24th, 2018, 01:48 PM
Two years ago my brother Tommy was dying from brain cancer. Many (oh, so many) of you sent him encouraging cards. It meant so much to him and our whole family. I have them all and still they encourage me to this day!

This year I am losing my brother Andrew to colon cancer. He only has a few weeks to live. He is in great pain and is now in bed almost full-time. He would love some cards to cheer him up!

If any of you would like to send him a card, please PM me for his name and address. It would have to be quick, though. Like I said, we will be saying goodbye to him very soon.

(Sorry I haven't been around much! It is life, getting in the way of things I used to love to do.)

Please write me if you'd like to brighten Andrew's last precious days. Thank you and bump this up if the answer is yes!

LauraP
January 24th, 2018, 01:52 PM
Well of course I will help. I have way to many family members and friends who have fought the same battle. Some won the battle but others sadly didn't. is there anything we can do to brighten your days a little?

cyndiofthevortex
January 24th, 2018, 02:18 PM
Well of course I will help. I have way to many family members and friends who have fought the same battle. Some won the battle but others sadly didn't. is there anything we can do to brighten your days a little?

This would do wonders for me if some of my quilting buddies would send my brother an uplifting card! I'll read them when I visit him.

pcbatiks
January 24th, 2018, 02:30 PM
Just sent you a PM. Also sending you a hug.

cyndiofthevortex
January 24th, 2018, 02:56 PM
Just sent you a PM. Also sending you a hug.Hugs back! Four cards so far!

Monique
January 24th, 2018, 03:20 PM
Sending you a PM

MaggieSue
January 24th, 2018, 03:48 PM
Card in mail box today!!

cyndiofthevortex
January 24th, 2018, 03:55 PM
Card in mail box today!!Thank you so much! Wow! This makes me so happy!

pcbatiks
January 24th, 2018, 04:02 PM
Card in the box waiting to be picked up.

Big forum hug to you Cyndi.

mommadeb
January 24th, 2018, 04:24 PM
Oh Cyndi, I'm so sorry to hear this. Please know that we are all thinking of you now. Many hugs and prayers.

cyndiofthevortex
January 24th, 2018, 04:35 PM
Oh Cyndi, I'm so sorry to hear this. Please know that we are all thinking of you now. Many hugs and prayers.Thank you, Deb.

cyndiofthevortex
January 24th, 2018, 05:08 PM
This is my handsome brother before he got sick. He is such a good brother! We grew up together, the last two in a large family and have always been best friends.

auntiemern
January 24th, 2018, 05:35 PM
PM me his address please.

oldsewer
January 24th, 2018, 06:17 PM
sent you a pm, also my email which is probably faster. Sharon

Dollyquilts
January 24th, 2018, 09:24 PM
Whatever technical skills I had have dwindled rapidly. I'm afraid I have no idea how to send a PM on this site. Cyndi, so sorry about your brother. If someone can point me in the right directions, I'd love to send Andrew a card. Hugs.

cyndiofthevortex
January 24th, 2018, 10:00 PM
Whatever technical skills I had have dwindled rapidly. I'm afraid I have no idea how to send a PM on this site. Cyndi, so sorry about your brother. If someone can point me in the right directions, I'd love to send Andrew a card. Hugs. Dollyquilts, I sent you a PM with the info you need to send Andrew a card. I hope you can find it! Thanks for being willing to do this. He will be surprised and pleased. Cyndi

pcbatiks
January 25th, 2018, 12:22 AM
Bumping up for Cyndi.

Bubby
January 25th, 2018, 07:52 AM
My card will be in the mail today. Hugs to you, Cyndi. I can't imagine how hard this is for you and your family. 149757

Bubby
January 25th, 2018, 08:53 AM
This is a Bump.

Monique
January 25th, 2018, 11:30 AM
My card will go out today as well.

MissMay
January 25th, 2018, 11:53 AM
My card will go out today as well.

My card too although I really wished I'm not doing it as your family has had too much cancer to deal with already.

pcbatiks
January 25th, 2018, 01:06 PM
Bumping up........ :)

cyndiofthevortex
January 25th, 2018, 01:24 PM
Thank you, everyone! You guys rock. Andrew will be so pleased and surprised. This is all wonderful. Thank you!

Sherri6474
January 26th, 2018, 01:49 AM
If you will send me a PM, I will send a card. My heart aches for you and your family.

chelea
January 26th, 2018, 03:54 PM
Bumping up

EnumclawGramma
January 26th, 2018, 06:40 PM
Praying for you and your family.....

dwil23
January 27th, 2018, 03:07 AM
If someone could send me Andy's address, I have several cards for him from my sewing group. I have not heard from Cyndi, but I can imagine she is very distracted at this time. My heart breaks for her and her family. Just too much.

Georgie Girl
January 27th, 2018, 09:20 AM
If someone could send me Andy's address, I have several cards for him from my sewing group. I have not heard from Cyndi, but I can imagine she is very distracted at this time. My heart breaks for her and her family. Just too much.

I PM you his address

cyndiofthevortex
January 27th, 2018, 10:56 AM
I PM you his addressThank you, Georgie Girl! I really thought I had sent a note to Donna. This is so wonderful. Thank you all for your prayers and cards for Andrew. I cannot express how much I appreciate it!

cv quilter
January 27th, 2018, 11:51 AM
My card has been sent. I just know that Andrew will be cheered by all the cards and good wishes being sent :)

GuitarGramma
January 31st, 2018, 09:26 PM
Sending a card today, and bumping this up for Cyndi.

Carol336
February 6th, 2018, 10:01 AM
Oh gosh, I'm a little late to the party. I would love to send Andrew a card, please private message me his address Cyndi.