PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday, oh Wednesday

Monique
January 24th, 2018, 06:35 AM

Good morning dear friends. After a day of freezing rain, rain and a wee bit of snow in the night, we are back to colder weather, although we are headed for another thaw by the weekend. Crazy weather to say the least. I didn't make it out anywhere yesterday. Not headed anywhere today either.

Today is our dear Sandy's birthday although I am sure she would rather want that kept quiet. HA!

I spent most of the day in the sewing room working on 9 patches. In the end, they all measure 5 inches in some way or another. Some of the smaller ones measure 3 1/2" with borders to make them 5". I also want to make some of them on point but I still have to figure out the measurement for that. What I really need to do is work on the memory quilt but I can't seem to get going on that. I have all the t-shirts backed with interfacing. What I need to do now is plot the rest of the quilt. It may come to me yet.

So today I will trot along with whatever happens in the sewing room.

Have a great day my friends.

P/S Katrina has added her address in her user notes.

Star lover
January 24th, 2018, 07:48 AM
Mornin Monique and all who'll follow.

I was also in kindergarten between 5-6! Don't understand why the officer would be upset......

I finished piecing the blocks for the one donation quilt......DH saw it and he's in love ........again! He would like it bigger.......Told him, I'll make another, but in no way was he keeping it. I have no more fabric to make it bigger! So there! Sigh......he needs to stop falling in love.....!!!!

Border fabric is scheduled to arrive today, we'll see. We have the worlds worst postal worker! Well there might be a couple that are worse, but I doubt it. I exaggerate, but really she's terrible!

Thank you Monique about the reminder of Katrina's address. I saw it earlier, but its good to know. Katrina's been so much on my heart lately. Her spirit and faith are strong, but even the strong have low moments. So I pray for her..... a lot!

Hope everyone has a good day. Crud germs stay away, roads stay clear and the sun shines (well, that might be a tough one) in your world. Love and hugs!

JCY
January 24th, 2018, 10:12 AM
Good Morning ~ I had a productive sewing day yest. I'm making a sort of wildlife quilt out of fussy cut 8.5" squares of the focus fabric. (There are 2 quilts in my "Turning Twenty...Again" album that show these fabrics.) The other blocks are rail fence, with the middle being wider than the sides. I'm using up scraps from a previous project. I got all the blocks sewn together in rows & 2 rows sewn together. It won't take long to sew the rest of the rows together. (It's 5 blocks across by 7 down.) I still haven't decided if I'll add a border. I'll have to piece the backing in 3 sections. I think this one will be for my gr. son who will grad. from HS this spring.

It's chilly this a.m. Only 15 deg. It was 44 yest., but it was sunny, so there was more thawing. Today is supposed to be 50. I have BSF this a.m., after which I have several errands to run. I plan to stop by the LQS for show & tell of my KF quilt. She posts pics on their fb page. Also need groc.

Have a good day!

Ginny B
January 24th, 2018, 10:28 AM
Good morning all. It's been an odd week with DH home from work. No need to get up at 5:30 so I sleep in until 6:30 or so, then take care of getting the morning drops in his eyes. There is a 5 minute wait between each dose and there are 4 different scripts. We were done with one script last night and hopefully one more will be eliminated after he sees the doc on Thursday. The process is repeated at bedtime.

I was able to have some time in my sewing room the last two evenings and made 2 tablerunners for an order I had. Tonight we will work on getting the Christmas mugs switched out with our regular ones and then I think the kitchen will be completely de-Christmased. Then we need to finally get to the tree. Lol. Yes, I know it's the end of January. This is the absolute latest we've ever left it up.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone.

Cathy F
January 24th, 2018, 10:47 AM
Morning all,
The sun is shining and it looks to be the start of a nice day out there.

Was up early this morning and have most of household chores done already all that's left to do is make the bed, DH just got up so now that can get done.
I really should get up to the sewing room and get the chores done in there and stop procrastinating, the room isn't going to clean itself.

Wishing everyone a good day, going to head to the Keurig and fire it up for my coffee and relax in the sunroom for a bit and catch up on the forum posts while soaking up the morning sunshine.

Mom23
January 24th, 2018, 11:45 AM
Good Morning All,

I don't usually post to the morning thread because I'm usually in and out quickly. Today is a little different as I'm huddled under blankets in my mess of a house. We are remodeling so furniture is everywhere. Right now I'm stuffed in a corner of my bedroom in a recliner. Yesterday afternoon I came home to a chilly house. After trying everything I thought I could do I called my husband to report it to him. Well, he thought I was crazy so he didn't do anything about it. Last night he tried to fix the furnace and sure enough, it's broken. We turned our heated mattress pad on and went to bed. Woke this morning to 58 degrees in the house and it's not warming up. If he would have listened to me yesterday we could have gotten a repair man out earlier. Sorry about the rant. I'm tired of the mess and I don't like being cold.

The lady who does my long arm quilting only accepts quilts on Wednesday so I'm going to head out there soon. I just finished a project from my sister in law that I don't care to ever repeat. When her mom died she had a box of UFO blocks. SIL asked me to make them into a quilt for my niece who is getting married in June. I finished the quilt last night and will post pics when I get it back. It's not very pretty but I used what I was given. After this quilt and restoring an old quilt for a friend I'm ready to do something fun. I pulled out an old kit, Lori Holt's Cozy Christmas, and have worked a little on it when I need a break. I think today I will focus on that, not on being cold!

Is anyone doing Lori's "Let's Bake" quilt along? I'm thinking of doing it but it looks pretty detailed. Not sure I have the patience to get it done.

Gotta go, hubby called and repairman has been called. They will be here before noon!

grammaterry
January 24th, 2018, 12:16 PM
Overcast and dreary and really , it is cold..just not like it was. Its above freezing so why am I complaining.
Yesterday I spent the day in the sewing room and DH stayed in his workshop. I cleaned, organized, ironed fabric, cut some charms and FMQ'd some on the double wedding ring. DH has his workspace looking GOOD. First time in 30 years. My FMQ is making me happy, albeit it is not great like what JOY does but for me, its pretty good. I did 6 blocks and started getting tired so maybe today they will look even better.
I am bound and determined to loose a little weight. Man, that is so hard. I have never been on a diet. So I ate a good lunch and skipped dinner and snacks yesterday. It was hard. I kept thinking...maybe one cookie....maybe a glass of juice...but I refrained and finally just went to bed because I was hungry. I figure if I can just do this for a couple of weeks, I will break some of these bad habits and maybe the weather will break and I can get up off my duff and get outside and move around and that will help too. I am just inactive except for minor housekeeping and sewing.
Our ponds remain frozen. First time they have stayed frozen like this since I can remember. I surely do hope the goldfish can survive this long extended freezing. I really enjoy feeding them.

Carolnnc
January 24th, 2018, 01:57 PM
Good morning. It's sunny and 50 degrees here today.

I have a dentist appointment at 1:30 today so it messes with my whole day. After I leave there I have to go to the grocery store. I've never been out of so many staples. I also have to pick up a phone card for my pay as you go phone.

My dear adopted daughter was in town yesterday & wanted to take me out to dinner for my birthday. When I got to the hotel to pick her up I discovered a SICK girl. Even though I took a flu shot I have been hiding in the house due to the seriousness of the flu season. When I got home I took several packs of Emergen-C, slathered myself in Vick's Vapor Rub & took a shower. I was so glad to see her but am hoping I don't get sick.

Better get moving.

Prayers to all who need them.

KPH
January 24th, 2018, 02:08 PM
The sun is shining, thank goodness. I'm tired of the dreary weather. I can't believe the number of family members that are taking the trip to be here Saturday. I've called the hotel we used to stay at when we came to see the kids. Since I only have 2 bedrooms now, and I have one, Mike the other, and Uncle Chuck (DH's brother) has the couch. I already have a full house.

MIL and second BIL will arrive tomorrow. Dot wanted to see Howard before he is cremated, so they are holding the body until she can do that.

Services will be Saturday at noon at my son's church home. We were planning to move our membership this month, but illness has kept us home. Anyway, it will be my church home soon.

The pieces of the crown are ready to put together. I have the rows pinned and stacked. I'll get to it, one day soon.

Have a creative day!

MaggieSue
January 24th, 2018, 03:04 PM
Katrina, you are so strong. I am praying for you and family!

Bubby
January 24th, 2018, 05:00 PM
Keep the faith, Kat. I'm praying for you.

KPH
January 24th, 2018, 09:28 PM
lol, you all better be praying ... my sister in law is coming. I've already told several people that they will need to run interference. After our last trip to IN, that woman gets on my last nerve. I certainly don't want her to try her 'regression therapy' mess on me.

I'm hoping that she'll do like she's done in the past and back out at the last minute because one of her friends wants to do something. (But I have a feeling her husband has put his foot down about her coming!)