PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday hellos!!!

Monique
January 23rd, 2018, 08:21 AM

Morning friends. The world just isn't right for some this morning, hence the sad face. I was so saddened to hear of Katrina's husband's sudden passing yesterday, Tracie's daughter having scoliosis, and Gina's infections after her surgeries. And now this morning's headlines about the Earthquake in Alaska and the possible tsunami on the West coast. I am sending each and every one of you some prayers and some hugs. Know that my heart breaks for you all.

Today will be a day to stay in. Snow and freezing rain through the night. Yesterday I played with fabric, cutting up scraps into workable pieces. Then I played with the ones that Jocelyn sent me. Some blocks were already done, some were half done, so I shall play some more with those today.

I wish you all a happy day, knowing that for some of you, it won't be.

Star lover
January 23rd, 2018, 08:26 AM
Mornin everyone!

My heart aches this morning too. So much sadness and pain......love, hugs and prayers to all who are struggling.
May the Lord be with you all and that He will be your Rock, Strength and Comfort.

Bubby
January 23rd, 2018, 08:54 AM
Morning, Yes, it's a sad day. My prayers are with all of our members with sorrow and health issues.

I think we have a new layer of ice this morning. I have a 9 am appointment and don't know if I will be able to go. Jeff will call me from work and let me know how the roads are.

Barb

MaggieSue
January 23rd, 2018, 09:21 AM
Morning, prayers for all, we had about 6-8-inches od snow. Do not have to venture out today, will spend time in my sewing studio!!!

pcbatiks
January 23rd, 2018, 09:28 AM
Also thinking of Katrina this morning and others who are going through difficult days.

Sending out prayers for peace and comfort.

Barb, I hope you are continuing to feel better. Be extra careful if you have to get out in that weather.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
January 23rd, 2018, 09:40 AM
Good morning, I
t is indeed a sad day, and my thoughts go out to everyone who is experiencing sadness in their lives.

It's a bad weather day here. We had freezing rain all night and it is a skating rink out there. DH is retired but took a 10hr/wk contract at work. He didn't go in yesterday as he can work from home, but he has to drive across town for a meeting today. I just heard there are lightning strikes near work. Maybe he won't have to go in. I worry about his driving, as he is cautious but others on the road are impatient.
Good news, I just heard that they have lifted the tsunami warnings on BC coast, caused by the 8.0 earthquake in Alaska. I have friends who have kids who work along there. I am certain that they are besides the,selves worrying. There is still a strong storm and may still get flooding.
I am feeling a bit better today, so it should be a play day for me- safe indoors. I'm hoping that my DD doesn't send me a request for help. I really don't want to be on the road. My friend also had asked me to accompany her to a doctor appointment as they were supposed to do a procedure, but it. May just be a meet/greet assessment appointment.
Stay safe today.

Cathy F
January 23rd, 2018, 10:05 AM
Morning all,
My prayers are also added to our members who are going through difficult and sad times right now.

Rain here this morning and predicted for the whole day. Went food shopping yesterday so I can stay comfortable in the house today. Thankful it's not more snow.

Safe travels for those of you who have icy conditions and have to be out on the roads. Hugs to all especially those who need a few extra today.

JCY
January 23rd, 2018, 10:10 AM
Good Morning ~ Yes, my heart has been heavy for our dear Katrina. So many folks are going through so many things. May the Lord give them strength to persevere. I heard from my gr. dau. yest. eve. They all were sick with this resp. bug. They're on the mend, but still coughing. My GD has been having dental work done & is having a lot of pain with an infected tooth. She couldn't afford dental care for the past few yrs., so had let her teeth go, now she needs a lot of work.

After that low temp. of 12 deg. yest. a.m., it warmed up to 52 deg. The sunny day helped melt off a lot of snow & ice, but the street still is icy & the ground is snow covered. I imagine the main streets are ok. I don't have to go out till tomorrow.

I made a start on the taxes yest. Maybe if I do a little bit each day it won't seem so overwhelming. I need to total up all our medical/dental expenses for itemization. I also need to go through my receipts for internet orders that did not charge sales tax. Although many places now collect the tax, Thrift Books & M* don't.

I was very surprised when I opened my laptop this a.m. to learn of the AK earthquake & tsunami warning.

Time to fix DH's breakfast. Have a good day.

MissMay
January 23rd, 2018, 10:56 AM
This dreary rainy day doesn't help my heavy heart after reading about Katrina's DH's sudden passing and the health problems of other members and/or their families, praying for some sunshine to shine on all of us. In the meantime here's a Hug to get you through this day.149630

KPH
January 23rd, 2018, 12:09 PM
Good Morning All,

I've been busy on the phone notifying DH's friends from his old work. I can't believe, I can't remember his work number. I guess 4 years of not calling it has wiped it from my memory.

The middle BIL is driving across FL today to be here to help. I'm sure he'll be a big help, I just have no idea where to put him. We're going to have to figure out which way to turn the sofa bed so he can pump it up every night. Knowing him. He'll throw a sheet on it and just sleep on the sofa.

MIL called this morning. She's having a hard time. Youngest BIL will be bringing her down, starting the trip on Wed. He has to be back on 2/2 for surgery on his back. It's a quick turn around time.

DS#1 and DS#2 and DIL crashed yesterday. My grandmother's voice kept ringing in my ears... you're stronger than this... I put DH's wedding ring on a strong chain that I'd bought to go with the emerald that DS#1 gave me and put it around my neck. I can rub it and feel comfort.

Last night it rained all night and between the cars going up the ramp and the rain hitting the window and roof, I didn't get much sleep. My brain was on overdrive.

I'm heading back to my sewing room. I would like to get the top of the table topper done so I can clean up my sewing room before the in-laws arrive. Bit by bit as I need a diversion and a rest from the phone.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers for those in need.

grammaterry
January 23rd, 2018, 12:30 PM
Oh Katrina, you sound so strong. I know you are aching but we are proud that you are getting on for the rest of the family. This is a difficult time, but God will see you through it and your family will be there.
The sun is shining brightly this morning, getting ready for tomorrows snow storm I suppose. It smells a bit like spring though.
Yesterday I sandwiched the double wedding ring and I think I may try to just dive in and fmq it. I want to do a ring of feather quilting on each block with something in the centers.
Talked to my DS yesterday. ITs been two weeks and he had a dr appt. yesterday. They say everything is where it should be and even though it is broken in 3 places, it will mend. They still haven't arrested the hit and run driver but he lives with his 72 yr old grandmother or mother (not sure) They live in a 40 yr old singlewide and he was driving a 17 yr old Lincoln so if he doesn't have insurance, then DS will have to use his own UM coverage. Looks like he will be out of work for at least 30 weeks. He has good health insurance but it has a $12K ded. but he does have some disability insurance so He will make it through this. We are so greatful that he only has the broken HIP.
Share your burdens and they will be lighter. We will pray for all those amongst us who are ailing in body or soul

Monique
January 23rd, 2018, 01:44 PM
Good Morning All,

I've been busy on the phone notifying DH's friends from his old work. I can't believe, I can't remember his work number. I guess 4 years of not calling it has wiped it from my memory.

The middle BIL is driving across FL today to be here to help. I'm sure he'll be a big help, I just have no idea where to put him. We're going to have to figure out which way to turn the sofa bed so he can pump it up every night. Knowing him. He'll throw a sheet on it and just sleep on the sofa.

MIL called this morning. She's having a hard time. Youngest BIL will be bringing her down, starting the trip on Wed. He has to be back on 2/2 for surgery on his back. It's a quick turn around time.

DS#1 and DS#2 and DIL crashed yesterday. My grandmother's voice kept ringing in my ears... you're stronger than this... I put DH's wedding ring on a strong chain that I'd bought to go with the emerald that DS#1 gave me and put it around my neck. I can rub it and feel comfort.

Last night it rained all night and between the cars going up the ramp and the rain hitting the window and roof, I didn't get much sleep. My brain was on overdrive.

I'm heading back to my sewing room. I would like to get the top of the table topper done so I can clean up my sewing room before the in-laws arrive. Bit by bit as I need a diversion and a rest from the phone.

Katrina, you do sound sooooo strong.

MaryUK
January 23rd, 2018, 08:14 PM
Katrina, I am so pleased you have your family around you. While you're looking after others, please remember to take care of yourself.

It's been a much milder day here, DH and I went into the garage and threw lots of stuff away, why do we keep 3 glasses from a set of 6 when we will never use them again? Old plates and pots went into the rubbish bags for DH to take to the tip tomorrow. I had wanted to give it to a charity shop but they'll only take full sets of everything. At least the majority will be recycled.

I managed an hour in the sewing room and finished sewing blocks for a Linus quilt, just to square then I can join them together. I am determined that this will NOT become another UFO!!!

This evening I went swimming with DD, the first time in about 5 months!! I bet I'll be rather stiff tomorrow!!

Hugs and best wishes for all of our members in need at this time.

Anitamae56
January 23rd, 2018, 10:50 PM
Good Morning All,

Your strength is amazing , as you go thru this know that is a lot of people praying and giving you a lot of thoughts.