PDA

View Full Version : Best laid plans

KPH
January 22nd, 2018, 09:11 PM
Today was supposed to be keeping the grands and working on my crown quilt. On the way to pick up the kids, Dh had severe chest pains. I called 911, they came and he went to the hospital. DS#2 had been to the bank. I called him to stop before he got back to the house. We left his truck, went to the house while DH was on the way to the hospital. Long day, many talks to many doctors, DH didn't make it. I'd just signed the papers to have open heart surgery. Before the surgeon could get back there, they had started CPR. I just shook my head, I guess when he figured out they were going to crack his chest, he put his foot down and said no way.

I've been his wife for 36 almost 37 years. I guess there's a new learning curve on my horizon.

Cokie
January 22nd, 2018, 09:16 PM
Oh, Katrina, I'm so very sorry! Sending prayers for you and your family, and a big hug for you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Carolnnc
January 22nd, 2018, 09:24 PM
Oh Katrina I can't imagine what you are going through. I wish I had the right words, just know that I care. You and your family will be in my thoughts & prayers.

Claire Hallman
January 22nd, 2018, 09:25 PM
I am so, so sorry for your loss.

Kgrammiecaz
January 22nd, 2018, 09:32 PM
I am so sorry to hear of your husbands passing. Prayers and hugs to all.

K. McEuen
January 22nd, 2018, 09:34 PM
So sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

kaydee
January 22nd, 2018, 09:38 PM
I'm really sorry for your loss, Katrina.

oldsewer
January 22nd, 2018, 09:45 PM
My sympathy for your loss.

azmotogirl
January 22nd, 2018, 09:49 PM
My sympathy and prayers for you and your family. May God hold you in his arms through this very difficult journey.

Hulamoon
January 22nd, 2018, 09:51 PM
Oh how sad and so fast :( I will keep you in my thoughts.

Cathy F
January 22nd, 2018, 09:53 PM
You are in my thoughts, my sincere condolences on your loss.

seaturtle
Oh, Katrina, I am so very sorry to see this. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Anitamae56
I am so sorry, you and him done so much together. May your memories comfort you. Truly thinking of you.

TMP
January 22nd, 2018, 10:13 PM
Katrina, I am so sorry for your loss. I know there are no words I can express to help but please know I am thinking of you and your family. You and your loved ones are in my prayers.

DeniseSm
January 22nd, 2018, 10:15 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Words can not convey any real meaning. God be with you and your family.

grammaterry
January 22nd, 2018, 10:17 PM
Oh Katrina, how sorry I am. I know how close the two of you were and how close you are with the rest of the family. The blessing is that you are there with the children and you can comfort each other. God will embrace you and your quilting friends will pray

Nwmnteacher
January 22nd, 2018, 10:23 PM
I'm so very sorry for your loss.

JCY
January 22nd, 2018, 10:31 PM
Dear Katrina ~ I'm feeling so sad for you. What a heartbreak, & so sudden. It sounds like you did everything right -- got emergency services promptly & you were able to be with him. So sorry it ended this way. You definitely will be in my thoughts & prayers. It must have been his time. Please keep us posted on how you're doing. We care, & we love you. God bless & comfort you during the days ahead. Joy

pcbatiks
January 22nd, 2018, 10:34 PM
Katrina, so very sorry to hear about your husband. Along with everyone else on the forum I will keep you in my prayers.

Tracie T
January 22nd, 2018, 10:34 PM
Oh my goodness....I'm so sorry. I've said a prayer for you already and will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.

cv quilter
January 22nd, 2018, 10:38 PM
OMG, Katrina. Words don't say what I and many others are feeling for you and your family. I can only say that I will pray for you and your loved ones.....I believe that God has a plan, (please know that I don't want this to be just words of comfort). I do hope that knowing your friends here are praying for you and your family helps you and your family to know that you are not alone.

Midge
January 22nd, 2018, 10:43 PM
My deepest condolences Katrina. I know you and your family are devastated.

grandma nurse
January 22nd, 2018, 10:45 PM
Iím so sorry, thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Monique
January 22nd, 2018, 10:54 PM
Oh my goodness, I am shocked and saddened to hear. My heartfelt condolences to you and your family at this most difficult time. We are all here for you.

Star lover
January 22nd, 2018, 11:01 PM
Katrina, I'm so sad to hear that your husband passed away. I hope you feel surrounded by much love. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Mom23
January 22nd, 2018, 11:30 PM
Oh Katrina, I'm so sorry. I have no words for you but know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so glad you moved closer to your family as the grandchildren will be of great comfort to you in the days ahead.

Astatoo
January 22nd, 2018, 11:38 PM
So sorry, I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers.

Judy, USMC
January 23rd, 2018, 12:08 AM
Katrina, I know the shock and pain you are going through! I hope you'll find peace and comfort in the coming days with happy memories of your years together ... it will take time.

KarenC
January 23rd, 2018, 12:13 AM
So sorry Katrina. What a shock to have all this happen so quickly. My deepest thoughts , condelences and prayers being offerred. Please remember that we are here for you.

sew-what2015
January 23rd, 2018, 12:17 AM
My condolences to you and your family. You will be in my prayers.

bubba
January 23rd, 2018, 01:06 AM
I am so very sorry to hear this....you and yours will be in my thoughts ♥

Debbie Watters
January 23rd, 2018, 01:29 AM
So sorry for your husband's passing. Please know that you and yours are in my prayers. May God comfort you in this trying time.

jjkaiser
January 23rd, 2018, 01:33 AM
Oh my. May your husband be resting in peace this very moment. My heartfelt sympathy to you and your family. I cannot imagine how difficult this is for you as you were married such a very long time. Hang onto those sweet memories.

chelea
January 23rd, 2018, 02:07 AM
Katrina, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

laura44
January 23rd, 2018, 02:08 AM
I'm so sorry, praying for comfort for
you and your family.

Grey Lady
January 23rd, 2018, 02:31 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss. You and yours will be in my thoughts.

Bubby
January 23rd, 2018, 02:36 AM
I'm so terribly sorry to hear that your husband passed. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family as you walk through this difficult time together. Hugs.....

MSN
January 23rd, 2018, 05:11 AM
Oh, Katrina, my deepest condolences. From reading your posts, I know that you have a strong faith and are close with your family. Both of those will help you get through the difficult days ahead. You also have many friends here on the Forum who are lifting you up in prayer and support. When the shock wears off, may only beautiful memories remain.

GuitarGramma
January 23rd, 2018, 05:44 AM
Katrina, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. My heart goes out to you. Please know that we're all here to help you in any way we can, especially to lend an ear when you need to talk.

My deep sympathies.

Trish04
January 23rd, 2018, 06:57 AM
Oh so so sorry, may all our prayers carry you through this difficult journey.

Iris Girl
January 23rd, 2018, 07:49 AM
So sorry for your loss.

evy
January 23rd, 2018, 08:15 AM
So very sorry. I honestly know what you are going thru. I lost my husband of almost 40 years 14 months ago. Thankfully you have family nearby. They will be a great comfort. And you certainly have a new learning curve ahead. It won't be easy. Just take one day, one hour at a time. I'm sure there will be many people praying for you. God Bless.

Bouse
January 23rd, 2018, 08:56 AM
So sorry to hear your news. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family at this awful time.

Hailey3656
January 23rd, 2018, 09:27 AM
I am very sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and your family.

MaggieSue
January 23rd, 2018, 09:28 AM
My deepest sympathy for you and your family!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
January 23rd, 2018, 10:10 AM
Oh Katrina, I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine the disbelief, especially when it happens so fast. You are fortunate to be surrounded by family. It wil be difficult especially when you have been together for a long time. You will definitely have good memories to get you through this.
Sincere sympathies to you and your family in this difficult time.

Sandy Navas
January 23rd, 2018, 10:23 AM
Adding my prayers and thoughts of comfort. Know you are not alone.

Sylvia H
January 23rd, 2018, 10:41 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you and your family will find comfort in your love for each other as you go through this difficult time.

MissMay
January 23rd, 2018, 10:46 AM
[QUOTE=Sandy Navas;1005005]Adding my prayers and thoughts of comfort. Know you are not alone.[/QUO

Oh Katrina, I'm sitting here stunned after reading your post. Please remember what Sandy said, You are not alone as we all are here for you with prayers and heartfelt thoughts for you and your family, please come here whenever you need us,

Cathy F
January 23rd, 2018, 10:54 AM
Katrina, my heartfelt sympathies on the passing of your husband. Will keep you and your family in my prayers.

JaniceR
January 23rd, 2018, 12:04 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss. I know you and your family are devastated.

I am reminded daily how precious the time we have with our loved ones truly is and how quickly life can change. I hope all the love and memories of what you shared will bring some comfort each day. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

pewa88
January 23rd, 2018, 12:26 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I pray the Lord will bring you and your family comfort and strength.

dwil23
January 23rd, 2018, 12:31 PM
I am so, so sorry...

This is a reminder for us all just how precious life is and how quickly your life can change. Literally in the blink of an eye. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers as you find your way through this valley.

(((HUGS)))

mommadeb
January 23rd, 2018, 12:52 PM
So sorry for your loss.

amartin24
January 23rd, 2018, 12:58 PM
So sorry for your loss. I read your post a few times as I was in shock too that it happened so suddenly. Lifting you and your family up in prayer.

Lori63
January 23rd, 2018, 01:15 PM
Oh, Katrina,

I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts.

EnumclawGramma
January 23rd, 2018, 01:49 PM
So very sorry for your loss. Joining everyone here in prayer for comfort and peace for you and your family.....

LLLinda
January 23rd, 2018, 01:55 PM
You sound calm and have accepted the circumstances much better than I think I would be. So glad you had your son with you. I see this happening to me in the not too distant future. Your quilting will go a long way to get you through. Praying for a peaceful heart for you.

CraftyJnet
January 23rd, 2018, 03:32 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

Heather
January 23rd, 2018, 05:59 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, Katrina.

CraftyBarb
January 23rd, 2018, 07:18 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Will keep you and your family in my prayers.

MaryUK
January 23rd, 2018, 07:44 PM
Oh I was so sorry to hear of your loss. I can't imagine how you must be feeling at present and I'm sure it has yet to sink in for you and your family. You are all in my prayers.

Mary Lynn
January 23rd, 2018, 09:16 PM
Very saddened to learn of your husband’s death. My sympathy to you.

Simply Quilting
January 23rd, 2018, 09:32 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family.

tamsterg7
January 23rd, 2018, 10:11 PM
So very sorry for your loss and sending prayers of comfort for you and your family.

Navy Wife
January 23rd, 2018, 10:42 PM
My sympathy to you and your family. I hope all our prayers will surround you with comfort and love.

GaGa
January 23rd, 2018, 11:43 PM
So very sorry for what you are going through. I join all the others in offering thoughts and prayers.

Rhonda K
January 24th, 2018, 11:11 AM
I am sorry for your loss. May your love and special memories bring comfort to you.

Patty J
January 24th, 2018, 04:53 PM
Katrina, Adding my thoughts and prayers to all the forum members. May you feel surrounded by Peace and Love while you go through this trying time.

Ginny B
January 25th, 2018, 10:18 AM
Katrina, my prayers are with you and your family.

snippet
January 26th, 2018, 10:10 PM
Oh dear. I hope your family pulls around you and comforts you with love and hugs. You had a good life together, I hope that will bring you some joy in the years ahead.

auntiemern
January 27th, 2018, 03:09 AM
So sorry for your loss. What a terrible shock.