PDA

View Full Version : Cancer update & new test

geegeequilts
January 22nd, 2018, 01:08 PM
Well, here's a new year & I wanted to tell you how things are going. First of all, big news....no radiation needed!!! That was Radiologist's opinion in December. But, my mastectomy incision got infected & needed addition surgery. But wait...THAT incision got infected & needed another surgery last week. Good grief, Charlie Brown! My oncologist is unhappy with my bloodwork, paleness & no energy so she wants my to have a bone marrow biopsy on Thursday. Do I need to say how excited I am? I have a positive outlook & all that but enough already! And I still have to have an angiogram with possible stent placement that had to be rescheduled due to high (102*) temp.

Sure do need some encouragement. I know I'll get it here. Love you guys!

Hanging in there, sorta, kinda
Gina

Astatoo
January 22nd, 2018, 01:10 PM
Oh Gina! Sending you (((((hugs)))))
Will keep you in my prayers.

Star lover
January 22nd, 2018, 01:11 PM
Hi Gina, so happy to hear from you. Not such good news, but not all bad either. So much to have gone through and still going through. I love your attitude......laughter makes everything better. I'll be praying for you!

grandma nurse
January 22nd, 2018, 01:17 PM
Gina, prayers and positive vibes headed your way.

JCY
January 22nd, 2018, 01:21 PM
Gina ~ Hope things turn to the upswing soon. It sounds like you've been through a lot already. Sorry about needing the bone marrow test. My DH had that several yrs. ago. He was very anemic, but got better with meds. -- mostly he needed B-1, B-12, & Folic Acid. It took a while, but he finally gained weight & did better. I hope you'll get some answers soon. I'll keep you in my thoughts & prayers. Keep us posted on how you're doing. God bless!

amartin24
January 22nd, 2018, 01:58 PM
Wow, what an ordeal for you! But, sounds pretty positive. Prayers for you for upcoming tests. May they be positive as well and you are feeling better real soon.

tamsterg7
January 22nd, 2018, 01:59 PM
Gina, you said it - Enough already! Prayers and thought for healing.

Judy, USMC
January 22nd, 2018, 02:06 PM
Sorry your recovery is not going as well as expected. Fingers crossed that the biopsy comes back negative and the original bloodwork and tiredness just reflected your battling the infections. Continuing prayers for a good outcome.

Carolnnc
January 22nd, 2018, 02:31 PM
Prayers, hugs & good thoughts to you.

MaggieSue
January 22nd, 2018, 03:24 PM
Good to hear from you and get an update!! Prayers coming your way for you and all who are battling illness!

sew-what2015
January 22nd, 2018, 04:24 PM
{{{{{HUGS}}}}. You definitely have had your share of trouble. Prayers that things start looking up in the very near future.

MSN
January 22nd, 2018, 05:04 PM
Well, this is just one more speed bump on the road to recovery. But I do agree, ENOUGH ALREADY! Perhaps the repeated infections are because your bone marrow isn't making new blood cells as fast as it should. It does make sense to get it checked out.

I am celebrating that you don't need to have radiation. Although each treatment only takes a few moments, the cumulative impact is a lot more fatigue. I'm glad you don't have to go through that, especially on top of everything else. Hang in there, girl.

Monique
January 22nd, 2018, 11:00 PM
It's good to hear from you but sorry you have to go through all this. Prayers for you.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
January 23rd, 2018, 09:49 AM
Sorry for your health issues, but I amcertwin there will be an improvement.
I have a friend who has had just about every major health issues and surgeries. BUT she has positive attitude, and as she tell her doctors when she first meets them - " I don't do normal" just remember that. I am sending my best wishes to you.

pewa88
January 23rd, 2018, 12:31 PM
Praying for you Gina. "One day at a time sweet Jesus, that's all I'm asking from You. Help me today, show me the way one day at a time." Great old gospel hymn. I sing it to myself often. Hugs!!

jjkaiser
January 23rd, 2018, 04:54 PM
You'll get through this! You have an incredible upbeat attitude. Maybe your body is still playing catch up. Hopefully the bone marrow biopsy will be negative and will give you more peace of mind that everything's pretty much okay. Let us know the results!

sewbizzy
January 24th, 2018, 12:26 AM
Gina, I'm sending prayers your way...you are right....you have had enough...please keep us updated...

Cokie
January 24th, 2018, 12:33 AM
Praying for you Gina. "One day at a time sweet Jesus, that's all I'm asking from You. Help me today, show me the way one day at a time." Great old gospel hymn. I sing it to myself often. Hugs!!

I love that old song!

Cokie
January 24th, 2018, 12:33 AM
Thank you for updating us. I will continue to pray for you for a complete healing.

Debbie Watters
January 24th, 2018, 01:34 AM
Praying for good news and a speedy recovery. Good health in the new year!

MissMay
January 24th, 2018, 12:02 PM
Sending you some Hugs, keep up the positive attitude while we keep you in our prayers.

Dollyquilts
January 24th, 2018, 09:31 PM
Gina, wrapping you in prayers for healing and lifted spirits. A positive attitude is healing too.

dwil23
January 24th, 2018, 11:07 PM
So sorry to hear all this, but will keep you in my prayers that all goes well and you get through these next challenges quickly!

GuitarGramma
January 24th, 2018, 11:44 PM
Praying for you!

And glad to know you don't have to go through radiation. When my daughter finished chemo for breast cancerówhich reduced the tumor to only microscopic, non-invasive cellsóradiation was offered and she decided against it. She's now eight years cancer free!

KPH
January 25th, 2018, 12:19 AM
I hope things turn around super fast for you. This year has been the pits, but we'll keep our heads high and look for the good humor in every situation, because laughter is the best medicine of all.

Ginny B
January 25th, 2018, 12:36 AM
Oh Gina. So much to deal with. (((((Hugs))))) to you. I do like seeing your positive outlook though.