PDA

View Full Version : Snowy Sunday Morning Hellos

JCY
January 21st, 2018, 09:58 AM
Good Morning ~ Yup, that predicted snow is here. The street looked wet when I went to bed. They predicted freezing drizzle then switching over to snow. This a.m. the ground is covered & it's still snowing. Maybe 1.5" on the picnic table, but...it's supposed to snow all day. Last prediction was for 5-10". I'm staying home from church today. It will be a good day to quilt.

My La Stones massage yest. was wonderful! I came home soooo relaxed. There's just something about those heated stones massaging your skin that feels so good. If you ever have a chance to get one, do it.

Last eve. I watched a few more of Tracy Russell's whirls n swirls FMQ videos. I don't know how she comes up with so many different designs. There's something for everyone. I'm currently using her Day 61 Allover Feathers design, which is a combination of feathers & swirls, but I added some leaves.

Have a good day.

Bubby
January 21st, 2018, 10:07 AM
Good Morning Joy & Everyone...

I agree you should stay home today and sew. I would love to get a hot stone massage some day.

Jeff and Dottie are still sleeping. I got up quite early and have been doing a little sewing...Flying Geese blocks. I'm making the Taking Flight quilt that Jenny did a tutorial on a while back. When I saw it again in the BLOCK magazine I realized I had the same fabric it was made with in the book. So, I'm making a copy cat quilt. At lease I didn't have to buy anything for it. There's a lot of cutting and squaring up, so it will be a slow go.

I'm not sure what our day will bring, but we were busy yesterday so we need a slower pace today if possible. My goal for this coming week is to take the Christmas tree and all other decorations down. I'm thinking about making a meatloaf for dinner today. I thought I was craving KFC yesterday and when we bought it all I could eat of it was a little slaw. Everything tastes terrible since I've been sick. I have two more full days of antibiotics followed by a half dose Tuesday.

Wishing everyone a safe, warm and restful Sunday. Hugs.....

Ginny B
January 21st, 2018, 10:42 AM
Good morning all. Joy, sounds like a good day to spend inside sewing. Barb, I love those early mornings in the sewing room. Yesterday dh and I did a lot of running about doing errands. Then we came home and took the outside decorations down and brought all the Christmas bins in from the garage and I will slowly put all the Christmas things away during the week.

This will be my first full week of work since mid-December. I sure can use the time to catch up on all the year-end/beginning things that need doing but oh my, 5 straight days!

Have a wonderful day everyone. Be safe all those in the path of that winter storm.

shermur
January 21st, 2018, 10:51 AM
Morning....thank goodness, the little section of Vermont I live in is in melting mode!!!! Yipee!

I need to pay bills this morning; I need to work on a quilt challenge top (2017), a guild raffle quilt block, and figure out what I need to finish for the quilt show in April!

KPH
January 21st, 2018, 11:05 AM
Good Morning All,

We had a pretty good day yesterday. It was mostly sunny with clouds moving in late in the day. They've moved on out, and the sun is shining this morning.

We went to JoAnne's yesterday to pick up contrasting colors for the crown table runner. I love black next to batiks, so I bought piece of black and a piece of gray. I'm not sure if I'll used the gray, it has a lot of movement in it, but it plays nice with the batiks and the black, so we'll see. I have a pack of snow if I don't like the gray.

Best get busy. Prayers for those in need. Have a creative day.

Heather
January 21st, 2018, 12:55 PM
2 states west of JCY it's cold and dry... I'm at the laundromat, we're in the process of replacing the flooring in our laundry room... we have a patchwork tile pattern! Will post a pic when it's *finally* finished. Best wishes to all, enjoy the day.

Cokie
January 21st, 2018, 01:17 PM
Morning everyone. DH is still sleeping and I'm trying to enjoy a few minutes of quiet with you all and my coffee, but the cat has "the rips"! That's what we call it when he runs around the house at full speed, upstairs and downstairs, like a crazy cat! He's just playing and I think he's just happy I'm finally up. Slept in a bit this morning - still trying to beat the crud but each day is a little better. I have some running around to do today - groceries, and I need to pick up a retirement gift for a lady at work. Then a couple of loads of laundry and hopefully a little sewing before bed time. It's supposed to rain at some point, which will be fine with me - wash away all this snow. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the high 50's. I need a good dose of Spring! Hope you all have a good day.

cv quilter
January 21st, 2018, 01:25 PM
Good morning! I had to jump in this morning and say WE HAVE SNOW! Not a lot, just about an inch, but it's pretty and it's moisture for our terribly dry ground. Had some rain yesterday, too. Again not a lot, but something is better than nothing. Going to sew the bindings on two children's donation quilts today. Finished quilting them yesterday and made the labels to sew into the bindings. Other than that, spending a quiet day. Got some laundry going and beds are made and right now I'm sitting in my warm living room with the pellet stove going. It's so pretty and cozy to see the flames and look out the door at the pretty white stuff on the ground. Today is a good day. I've been dealing with a corneal ulcer and the affects of it now for almost three months. But my eye feels pretty good today. I have been able to get back into my sewing room and quilt, so things are looking up! Hope you all have a beautiful day.

Carolnnc
January 21st, 2018, 01:32 PM
Good morning to all.

It's supposed to get to 62 degrees which will melt all the snow in my yard. It's amazing to get 9.5" of snow on Wednesday & then get to 62 degrees today.

It's good to see everyone is getting over the crud, I am finally over mu sinus infection.

My day will be filled with painting, laundry & paying bills.

Prayers for all who need them. Have a great day!

MaggieSue
January 21st, 2018, 02:05 PM
Good morning the sun is now shining and it is up to 28 degrees, that will make for a pleasant day in my sewing studio. Just finished some valentines (mug rugs) for DGD and her finance. Must work on posting photos so I can share! Have a great day!