PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Hellos

JCY
January 20th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Good Morning ~ I have only a few min. Today will be bread making day for DH's spelt bread. I'm usually done by noon with both loaves. I do them one at a time in the bread maker. This afternoon I have a La Stones (heated stones) full body massage; it's a 90 min. massage which is sooooo relaxing!

Yest. the senior fellowship at church was nice. There were fewer of us; maybe table games aren't everyone's cup of tea. Lunch was good, & the friendship always is good. Some of these seniors live alone; one lives in assisted living. On the way home, I stopped at Home Depot to pick up the 120-volt tire inflator I had ordered on line. No shipping if it's sent to the local store. In the evening I put in ~40 min. of FMQ -- still not quite done. Maybe later today.

We had a gorgeous day yest. with a high temp. of 74 deg.! I had the front door open for a few min. for fresh air. Today will be 50's. Tomorrow is 29 & snow! I read 1-2" here, maybe 3-6" in Denver.

Have a good Saturday & week end.

Star lover
January 20th, 2018, 10:19 AM
Mornin Joy and all who'll follow....

I'm envious.....74'!!!!! Wow, I can only dream. We made it to 34' yesterday, with the winds it was super cold, but we had sun, so can't complain too much. Your weather makes me yearn for spring, which can't happen soon enough! Even though I know all the yard work will pick up!

Been slicing and dicing fabric. Think I'll get the 2 quilts out of the fat quarter bundle I have, ordered border fabric and backing. Waiting on it to arrive. I think they'll look real purty for donation quilts. Made 1 donation awhile back and DH couldn't part with it......so I'm mentioning all the time that they are going bye bye! Hope that works.

Hope the crud is staying away and for those suffering, I hope y'all are feeling better SOON!! Love and hugs to all.

KPH
January 20th, 2018, 10:49 AM
Good Morning All,

Shhh, but I think I'm finally getting over this mess. My head isn't as congested as it has been. Crossing my fingers and knocking on wood! I'm wondering if going without allergy shots since we moved helped this mess get such a good hold on me this year.

Yesterday we went to Ikea. We were looking for something like a small console table to put behind the sofa. We found one, dark bottom and light formica type top. I wrote the information and we kept on looking. In the dining table area, we found a drop leaf table with 6 drawers. It was smaller than the first table all collapsed. When we need a table for company (which is often), it opens up and seats 6. They had it in birch or white. We bought the birch. I see a table runner in my future. Since it's so much lighter than all the other wood in that room.

Last night, I pulled out my box of batiks. I was looking for fabrics that would look good with the Phoebe's Flower Box that I made a few years ago. The table runner is going to have to be something that will look good with those colors since they'll be right beside each other. I'm seriously thinking about Jenny's new tutorial that came out yesterday would work nicely. Two or maybe three blocks would tie everything together and cover the lightness of the wood.

I managed to get a few hexies put together before my hands decided that was enough.

Have a great creative day!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
January 20th, 2018, 11:03 AM
Yesterday I got to work on quilting my Cutting Corners quilt top. I sandwiched it earlier this week, straight stich in ditch the diagonal rows in one direction. Now I am doing ruler work in the white triangle. I plan to try out a different design for all the rows. I managed to get 4 rows of 13 blocks done. I will work on it maybe Sunday and definitely next week as we are getting freezing rain again.

Today we go out of town to celebrate a few birthdays with friends. 149511

Enjoy your massage, Joy, and all your good weather.

Claire Hallman
January 20th, 2018, 01:12 PM
Cool quilting, I particularly like the zigzag/lightning strike row.

MaggieSue
January 20th, 2018, 01:38 PM
Just a quick hello, DD is coming over to pick me up and we are going to do a little shopping and then lunch! Great way to start the day!!!

Ginny B
January 20th, 2018, 02:24 PM
Hi all. It's a sunny day here today. Lots of errands to take care of today and then hopefully tomorrow some time in the sewing room.

Hubby is recovering well from his cataract surgery. My stitches were removed on Thursday and my nose is healing well.

Sounds like there is a lot of sewing and Quilting going on here. Suzanne, love your Cutting Corners quilt. I Have a lot of scrap strips that could be used up if I make one of those. Katrina, good luck finding fabric for your tablerunner. That's an interesting idea about using Jenny's tutorial for the runner.

Anita, it's great that your hubby liked that quilt so much that you kept it. Now you get to have fun creating some more. Joy, I so want to get over my fear of fmq. I have done a few small quilt sandwiches but havent tried it on anything "real" yet. I got the Supreme Slider for Christmas though so hopefully I'll get more confident as I use it. Maggie Sue, enjoy your time with your daughter.

Guess it's time to get more things done. Have a great day everykne

Bubby
January 20th, 2018, 06:43 PM
Hi Everyone....We went to the apartments for the first time in 5 weeks. Everything was fine and I showed apartments to 3 people. I like them all, so it was time well spent.

We bought KFC on the way home today so there was nothing to cook...yay!

Glad to hear you're getting better, Katrina.

Wishing everyone a great afternoon.