PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Friday

Monique
January 19th, 2018, 10:22 AM

Good morning friends. I think we might just go above freezing today.

Our day went well yesterday. Les got his passport papers entered. He should receive his in 5-6 weeks. Aw darn, now we can't go south, haha. Well at least he can't, LOL!! We also stopped at Value Village, nope nothing there. Picked up some milk, ink for the printer and a ball of handicrafter cotton at Walmart and that's about it, nothing exciting.

Today I have a date with Bonnie, we are going to sandwich a few quilts. And for supper our community centre is putting on a lasagna dinner, and it is by donation. I don't know if Les is going or not, but Bonnie and I are.

Aside from that, not much exciting this weekend.

Have a great day everyone.

Star lover
January 19th, 2018, 10:40 AM
Mornin Monique and all who'll follow.....
Yup, I think it must be a time warp.....or something!

We too are suppose to bet above freezing! Yippee! Been awhile...and we have sun to boot! Love it!

Been playing with fabric. I have a fat quarter bundle that I'm trying to get 2 quilts out of......need some background, but I think it'll work. I'm hoping to make these as donations......course I've done it before I my DH fell in love, so they're in the keeper pile. Hoping these make it to donation phase.

Gotta let em go at some point, can't keep them all......so we'll see.

Hope the crud is staying away from everyone and those who have it, I sure hope it leaves ya soon!

Sugar (redcaboose) her DH and others are in my thoughts and prayers too. Love and hugs to all!

KPH
January 19th, 2018, 10:56 AM
Good Morning All,

It's a beautiful morning. The sun is shining, Monique you're getting up to 32, we were down below 32 for the second night. That's the coldest it's been since we moved down. It's supposed to get up into the 60's today.

We rearranged the living area again. Turned the sofa around so it's facing the den area. Now we're looking for a narrow table to put behind it. There is enough lighting in that area to sit and read or have a quiet conversation. Sooner or later we'll figure out this 'great room' concept.

I managed to get 7 hexie flowers sewn yesterday. I haven't made a dent in the box full, and probably won't for a good while.

I love Jennie's new quilt today. I probably have enough batik charm packs to take care of it, finding the neutrals might be interesting. It makes a big block, and a big quilt!

Not sure what will be happening this weekend. One day next week, we'll have to go and get the house homesteaded. I tried to do it online but our address didn't show up. Maybe it's all a figment of our imagination.

Have a great creative day! Prayers for those still coping with the crud and those in need.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
January 19th, 2018, 11:37 AM
Good morning ladies,
Yesterday was running around day. Picked up my mom's laundry. Done. Picked her up some bananas and cheese curds, and two lipsticks. At 94 she still gets made up every day.
Dropped off some treats at my daughter's place for kiddos - prepped breakfast meals frozen for quick mornings, and a bunch of repaired clothing. She also took advantage while I was there to showe, throw in another load of laundry while I fed the baby and emptied dishwasher. He is such a cutie. 149503.
Then I did some groceries, dropped off bags at Value Village, also went in and found another letter organizer for my rulers in the other room for ,99 cents. Score.
Got home and DH said his sewing machine that he dropped off for cleaning earlier this week was ready for pick up. Did I want to go to quilt store? He teases me, cause I never refuse. Ok, I counted being there 3 times this week. 1, to drop off machine. 2. To go order hoops for DH embroidery machine on sale 20% off, 3- to pick up his other machine. We have also been twice a week since January - sale and then to bring his embroidery machine in for repairs, which they replaced with new. Thank God this is the only LQS within 5 minute drive. The others we go to are 1/2 hr to an hr drive, which I am embarrased to say we have been to 6 this month. My credit card will be screaming, but that's ok, as this is the gift we give ourselves.
I also quilted about an hour on my cutting corners quilt. I looked at quilt books last night, and have an idea what I will do today.
More quilting, and drop off my mom's laundry. My daughter will be dropping by to borrow paper cutter for craft at my GS school.
Saturday, we are going out of town to friends for dinner to celebrate 2 birthdays. Sunday morning, I get up early to go for a mammogram. It's that time, every three years.

Star lover
January 19th, 2018, 11:43 AM
Suzanne.....he IS a real cutie! Made me smile! Gotta love babies.

grammaterry
January 19th, 2018, 12:12 PM
The sun has blessed us this morning. Maybe it will melt the ice from the driveway before I head into town. I am meeting a couple of Shriner doners for lunch? at 3pm. The roads are clear but my drive is icy and right now it is 20 degrees ..but the sun....
Anyway, yesterday, DH said he needed stuff in town so off we went. "cabin fever" maybe. He needed bolts for his new "belt sander invention to make knife handles" and we went to MIL's to see how she was doing. (excellent) We had lunch and went to the Goodwill. SCORE! DH found a new, never been used, 1949 Saladmaster machine. How do we know the date? The postmark on the saladmaster box was Dec. 23, 1949. Plus, we found a solid oak 5 ft bookshelf in excellent condition. I said, that would be good for fabric and he said he was thinking about it for his shop...discussion to be continued. Saladmaster machine $5, bookshelf $20.
Came home and worked the weekly crossword and sudoko puzzle and read for a while. All in all, pretty good day.
Got pictures of DS accident car. If I had been driving past I would have wondered if anyone made it out of that vehicle. God surely did bless our family this time. He may be out of work for 6-8 months but then again, maybe not.

MissMay
January 19th, 2018, 12:47 PM
The new year has inspired me to get busy reorganizing our Christmas stuff that needs to be put away as well as a stash of small gifts and a ton of gift bags and wrappings which left a big mess in our dining room. So glad the cleaning gals are coming this afternoon to help with a quick clean up. Used to do it all by myself but if I want it done before Christmas is here again I needed help. Now that's done dare I make an attempt to hit my quilting room? Think I'll put that on hold for now and spend the weekend taking it easy and eating more healthy, Last weekends long birthday celebrating just wrecked our diet, fruits and veggies are replacing all those carb loaded dinners and sweet but delicious cakes and snacks.

JCY
January 19th, 2018, 01:04 PM
Good Morning ~ I was short on time before 6 a.m., so I'm just getting back here. I took time to watch Jenny's new Crown Quilt tut. Very pretty. I'm still not fond of gray. I think I would come up with an alternate color. With such a huge block, it wouldn't take many to make a smaller quilt. I seldom make those large quilts any more.

Well, we have warmed up! It made it up to 62 yest. It could get close to 70 today! Who hoo! It was 34 when I got up, but it's already up to 50. I'm washing bathroom rugs so I can take advantage of the warm day for drying them outside. With my new dryer, I can't dry rubber backed rugs on heat; I have to use only the air dry, which doesn't dry all that much. Fluffs 'em up, but doesn't dry much. So I have to line dry them outside. I did get the shower cleaned, floor mopped, etc. yest.

I made good progress with the FMQ yest. afternoon. I have just 3 blocks (11") to finish & it will be done. Since the border is narrow, I'm doing edge-to-edge over everything. My pkg. of 8 slotted M-bobbins from Handi Quilter finally arrived yest. It took 2.5 wks. My M* order expected delivery is tomorrow.

Today is our church's senior fellowship & lunch. We're having a table game day this mo. That starts at 10:30. We usually have 25-30 folks. I need to sort through my supply of table games. I know I'll be taking Boggle & Yahtzee. My Sorry game is pretty old & worn. Parcheesi still is in good shape. The kids & I played table games a lot in years past. DH never has had any interest in games. My first husb. & I used to play double Pinochle with another couple. I always had trouble keeping track of the cards & who played what. I suppose with all the games on electronic devices today's kids have little or no interest in table games.

Time to check the laundry & get some breakfast.

Bubby
January 19th, 2018, 02:42 PM
Hi Everyone,

I feel a little better today after getting 5 hours sleep last night. Still taking my meds and resting. Still no appetite at all and most things taste "off".

I love the new tutorial. Miss May, it's good to see you today.

Wishing everyone a great day....

LauraP
January 19th, 2018, 08:45 PM
yesterday was my "re-organizing" day. I pulled EVERYTHING out of the compartments under the RV and got all the tools back together (hey, I've been looking for that! Yes dear!). Got more plastic containers so everything is protected from the dust. Put things in a more logical area, like the fresh water hoses next to the tanks and the electrical/antenna stuff next to the antenna.
Of course to do all this, the new tent we've had for a month and a half had to get put up so I had someplace to sort everything. Now everything is put away and my DH is amazed how much room is left. I'm sure by the time we get ready to go someplace else he will have it all filled.
Today was grocery shopping and tomorrow is Laundromat day. Maybe by Sunday I will be able to get back to sewing.
I have all my cats made and quilted for the pins and paws quilt. I cut away the extra batting and will put it on new batting so the kitties are puffy. I'll post a picture when I get it done.

MaryUK
January 19th, 2018, 09:34 PM
I haven't done a great deal today. We had a new kitchen window and door fit and as this made the house feel cold, I holed up in the lounge in front of the fire and surfed the net. I did however have to make a call to the income tax office to let them know I wouldn't be returning to work as I took early retirement at the end of September. The lady recalculated my tax and told me I have overpaid and arranged for a refund!! It's not a huge amount but better in my pocket than theirs.

Spent an hour cutting some fabric for a new quilt but then boxed it up because I have a UFO to finish in January.

Tomorrow is an early start as we are meeting the kitchen fitter to agree new worktops and door handles. He is booked in to start the kitchen refit 12 February so next week we are starting to empty the kitchen cupboards, not as interesting as sewing but it has to be done.

Hope everyone had a good day today and a good weekend planned. Best wishes and hugs for those who are unwell.

Cokie
January 19th, 2018, 10:30 PM
So happy it's the weekend! DS is out of town so I've been stopping by his apartment to check on things every night on my way home from work, so I'm getting home later than usual. Tonight as I pulled into our driveway, I got stuck in the snow! Evidently the city cleaned the streets again today and piled it up at the bottom of the drive. I couldn't get up the driveway or back out into the street. A couple was driving by and stopped to help. They dug my car out and helped push the car until I could back up and get a running start to get up into the driveway. With DH's health problems he's not able to help or to clear the snow - DS usually does that for us. I was so happy for those people who stopped to help tonight. Renews my faith that there truly are good people in the world (besides this forum of course!). Going to work on my January UFO and relax...until the next thing comes along. Can't wait for Spring!