PDA

View Full Version : Do you still own a VHS machine?

Hulamoon
January 18th, 2018, 09:32 PM
I have a ton of kids videos and was looking on Ebay to see what they were going for. I ran across this and was like what! I gave all my VHS tapes to charity. I should of kept our old Nintendo too. lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dumbo-Walt-Disney-Home-Video-VHS-Black-Diamond-The-Classics-TESTED/252435015868?hash=item3ac64ca8bc:g:J84AAOSwbYZXa4o X

auntstuff
January 18th, 2018, 10:19 PM
Yes, and still have 30 or so old favorites I watch on it now and then.

auntiemern
January 18th, 2018, 11:26 PM
Yes I do, and lots of movies, including almost all the older Disney ones........just because they are asking for that much, does not mean they will get it. That being said, there are several Disney VHS movies, and even DVD's that are highly collectible.

JCY
January 19th, 2018, 12:15 AM
Yes, we still have ours, but we haven't watched anything in a long time. We have all kinds of VHS tapes, movies, travel, etc. Most of the time, I'd rather read a good book. Our DVD player feeds through the VHS, so it gets used when ever we watch a DVD, which isn't very often.

Hulamoon
January 19th, 2018, 12:25 AM
Both my kids don't seem to want them so I'm going to donate them to my library close by. They put them in a book sale, so I'm happy with that. I donated Christmas things to a local church, that felt good too. Some thrift stores have dumpsters and just toss stuff. I like to find good homes instead of the landfills.

jjkaiser
January 19th, 2018, 12:47 AM
I don't. But I had a bunch of family movies on VHS tapes, remember 20 years ago when parents showed up to school functions with a big camcorder over their shoulder? Yeah that was me. I recently had those tapes transferred to flash drives so now I can watch them on my computer or my tv. I put off transferring them for such a long time but am glad I finally did it. Otherwise I can live without the VHS tape player. I never had that many movies anyway. When the kids were little we had lots of Disney tapes but those are so easy to find copies of now on CDs or just playing on demand on cable.

Hailey3656
January 19th, 2018, 09:12 AM
We not only still have VHS tapes but also have all our old 8 track tapes. They are the same shelf in storage as the original Atari console!

JCY
January 19th, 2018, 10:07 AM
We had an 8-track player hooked into our sound system for many years. Eventually, the tapes got glitchy. Before they were hopeless, DH dubbed them off on to cassette tapes, so we still have that music to enjoy. We have a large music library, including 33 record albums, cassettes, & CDs. We have a lot of southern gospel music.

auntstuff
January 19th, 2018, 11:08 AM
We not only still have VHS tapes but also have all our old 8 track tapes. They are the same shelf in storage as the original Atari console!

I have about 300 cassette tapes that could join them.......

SuzanneOrleansOntario
January 19th, 2018, 11:17 AM
Yeah I still have the VHS tapes and player, but don't use them. I was going to donate them, but I see so many that don't sell at local thrift stores. I told hubby if he wants long arm, we have to declutter, and that means VHS tapes, DVDs and all his sound systems. We are keeping vinyls as they are special- for now.

laura44
January 19th, 2018, 11:38 AM
Yes, still have a VHS player. Donated my kids many years ago. I think
this seller is crazy, If you look on "sold" on Ebay they go for under $15.

grammaterry
January 19th, 2018, 12:18 PM
We had a VHS camcorder camera thingy. It looked brand new when I retired. We recorded some family events but essentially I always felt like I was missing the event if I was behind the camera. Anyway, I tried to give it to the GC and they all laughed at me. The parents told me their cell phones would do everything that old camera would do, so I gave it to Goodwill. I gave 150 country music classic albums to the 14 yr old GD as she has a real interest in that music and her parents bought her a record player. The VHS tapes are in the closet with the cassettes and will probably never be watched. Heck, I never really learned how to play the VHS machine and then the DVD came along and I am hopeless. Did I mention, I am NOT mechanical.

sewbizzy
January 19th, 2018, 01:53 PM
Yes, we have still have a VHS player and a small tv that has the vhs player in it (still using the tv in my sewing room)...we have about 100 tapes, too (mostly Disney)...we haven't watched them for a while, but I always think I just might, so keeping them....I'm waiting for great grandchildren to watch the tapes with!!

Hulamoon
January 19th, 2018, 04:24 PM
Yes, still have a VHS player. Donated my kids many years ago. I think
this seller is crazy, If you look on "sold" on Ebay they go for under $15.

Look at this one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dumbo-Walt-Disneys-Black-Diamond-Classic-VHS-RARE/132403221023?_trkparms=aid%3D444000%26algo%3DSOI.D EFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D44039%26meid%3D6739c365200 44654b3353bf2e207fc4e%26pid%3D100752%26rk%3D5%26rk t%3D5%26sd%3D132403220935&_trksid=p2047675.c100752.m1982

Maybe they just get a thrill to see how many people are watching.