PDA

View Full Version : Thursday, one day closer to Friday

Monique
January 18th, 2018, 08:54 AM

Good morning dear friends. I had an eventful day yesterday. Went to town with hubby and picked up a few groceries. Back home to work on the memory quilt. I was putting interfacing on the back of all the t-shirt pieces yesterday. Oh my, the stuff to use is Quilter's Grid. It has grid lines and makes it so much easier to cut pieces straight. So now all my t-shirt pieces are cut and ready. Now to arrange them and add fillers.

Today we are headed to Pembroke as hubby is going to get his passport renewed. I am sure a trip to Value village will also be made today. Not sure what else the day holds but at least it will be a warmer day for sure.

Have a great day friends.

Bubby
January 18th, 2018, 09:16 AM
Good Morning....It's going to warm up to 40 today and even more on the weekend. Our ice and snow will start melting today. Right now it's 8 degrees.

I visited the doctor yesterday and he gave me yet another antibiotic to try. After buying it and reading the warnings I'm having second thoughts about taking it. I have enough of my older antibiotic for 5 days and I will continue with it. We don't get very good medical care in our area. Doctors come to small rural areas like ours right out of medical school and stay just long enough to find better paying jobs in larger area. I find that medical care has very little to do about caring for people and everything to do about generating income for the medical practices, hospitals and insurance companies.

Monique, have a great day today with Les. Jeff and I talk about renewing our passports, but we don't get motivated enough to actually do it.

Wishing everyone a great day. I slept 6 hours last night and boy did that feel good!

Huggers..........

JCY
January 18th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Good Morning ~ It's 20 deg. & supposed to warm up close to 60 today & tomorrow. Another chance of snow on the week-end.

Yest. was BSF, my quick lunch at Wendy's, then errands. I was home by 1:15. In the afternoon I did more FMQ, cutting of fabric, & piecing. About 45 min./day of FMQ is all I can do before my muscles & hand bother me. I called HandiQuilter again yest. to track down my bobbin order. I finally got resolution. My pkg. is due to be delivered today via UPS.

I'm debating about cleaning the shower today -- one of my least favorite jobs. It involves scrubbing down DH's shower bench, which he sits on to shower. He's used that ever since he broke his upper arm 5 yrs. ago. I usually scrub everything with a brush & sort of a Comet Cleanser paste. The sinks need to be snaked again, too. I might use that baking soda & vinegar mix in all the sinks to freshen them up.

*** Barb ~ Please empty your Inbox! Glad you had a better night's sleep. My gr. dau., husb., & 2 pre-school boys all are sick with whatever is going around. The 15 mo. old tested (+) for RSV, but didn't need to be hospitalized. She took him to urgent care.

Gotta go for now.

pcbatiks
January 18th, 2018, 10:20 AM
Barb, happy to hear you finally were able to sleep.

It’s been extremely cold for us. Tuesday we had a little snow, sleet and freezing rain. We also had a hard freeze the last two nights. Our pup didn’t mind the snow but was not a fan of the ice.

KPH
January 18th, 2018, 10:20 AM
Good Morning All,

The sun is shining and the cars are zooming past. Something happened on 295N yesterday, the highway and eventually the entrance ramp behind the house were packed for hours. Never heard what stopped traffic, but made up for the stall out by going strong all night last night. I would just about doze off and hear something and pop awake. I guess all the extra sleep I got on Monday is catching up with me.

Home school today. Jonathan was really looking forward to that when they were here for dinner last night. DIL is on her 2 week 'transformation' to St. John's ER. Since downtown has a children's hospital, she hadn't had to work with kids in the ER, so she's in training. She's working 11-11 for these two weeks, then back to nights. I hate that, but I don't think it will be a long period before she gets back to day shift. It will mean a harder night shift for DS, as he'll have the night time duties at home with three kids.

I started stitching hexies together yesterday. It me a while to get back into the swing of things, hopefully I'll be able to pick up speed.

Have a great day!

Star lover
January 18th, 2018, 10:36 AM
Good morning all!
Late here, went back to bed after posting trivia. Didn't get much sleep last night and with everyone where DH works sick, I figure it couldn't hurt. Sounds like everyone is busy!

Monique, I couldn't ever try to quit sewing! Too addicted! Have fun in town today.
Barb, sure hope you're feeling better soon! You've been sick waaaay toooo long. Hugs.
Joy, I do believe you're busier than an energizer bunny! Hope you get all done that you want and can relax! Or do you do that? (I call sewing relaxing....)
PC, Yup, still cold here. Psst, I heard 40 on Saturday....sure hope it happens.
Katrina, happy you're having fun with the hexies. Can't wait to see how they look. They've always intrigued me.

Didn't sew at all yesterday. Kinda torn in too many ways in which to go. I think I'll have it then my mind starts churning and then I switch gears....driving myself nuts......which isn't actually a drive, more like a short walk. But I'll get there. This is just taking longer than normal.

Hope everyone feels better and that everyone has a safe and happy day! Love and hugs all around!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
January 18th, 2018, 10:43 AM
Good morning ladies,
It looks like we all are having busy days. It's no different here. The only way I get a break from helping out my mom and My daughter and grandkids is if I say I have a cold, sore throat cough or other. I may not always be sick, but if I had serious concussions a few years ago and if I get really tired and exhausted, I usually pick up a bronchitis or flu. I don't want a repeat of previous years of being sick all year. I usually pick up something at my mom's nursing home or at my daughter's place as there is always one or more of the three kids sinotting, coughing or sick. The only resolution I made to myself this year, was to be selfish with my time. DH agrees. I am always helping family or friends, then I am too exhausted to do what I would like.
The cold weather here has been helpful as I stay indoors and I feel like I am making head way on finishing my UFOs. However, we do have to eat, so I will do groceries today, pick up items for my mom and her laundry, and drop off items I repaired to my daughter. This is where she will ask me to sit for an hour (turns into 2) while she runs errands. I'll be ok with that.

Claire Hallman
January 18th, 2018, 01:47 PM
We have had a bit of snow and ice this week which paralyzes everything since there are no snow plows around. They do sand some of the hills but there are too, too many to really help. As a result our DIL brought the kids to stay yesterday. We had lots of fun and 5yo Emma "helped" me sew. I was starting some blocks so she handed me the 2 pieces to sew together. We talked about right side together and carefully aligning the fabric and how it would hurt to sew over your finger. :D
She also wanted to see me FMQ and she sat in my lap for one swirl. I couldn't do much more since I can't see well enough with her in my lap. All in all it was a wonderful day.
We are back to sunshine and better temps today, t is supposed to hit 60 this weekend.... life in the South.

Ginny B
January 18th, 2018, 04:35 PM
Good afternoon all. Today was cataract surgery day for dh and it seems to have gone well. He is resting in the recliner . He was a bit "wobbly" from the anesthesia when we left the surgical center but seems better now. I am supposed to get the stitches out today from my mishap on Saturday. My dr.'s office doesn't take out stitches so I need to go back to the ER to get it done. I went over there once already today after we got home and I got hubby something to eat and settled in his chair but it was so crowded that there wasn't even a place to park in the ER parking area. sigh. I just turned around and came home and did some laundry and spent a little time in my sewing room. I think I'll try again now and see if it has cleared out a bit. I'll bring my Kindle this time just in case there is a spot to park and I decide to go in and wait a bit. If it's too long, I'll just leave and try again in a day or so. Can't leave them too long though I guess.

Monique, have fun putting that t-shirt quilt together. I should do that with all the t-shirts I have that I've gotten over the years and don't wear anymore for one reason or another but don't want to get rid of them because they are special. Barb, I'm glad you got some sleep last night. I am in total agreement with you about medical care these days.

Prayers for a speedy recovery for all those dealing with whatever it is that is going around. Seems to hang on for quite a while. Stay safe and warm all dealing with the cold temps and ice/snow.