PDA

View Full Version : Accessorizing my husband

SallyO'Sews
January 18th, 2018, 01:08 AM
I made my DIL a Necessary Clutch Wallet for Christmas, and now she's hinted that a matching purse would be nice. So I've been looking at the bag patterns on the M*QC website.

Me: Ooohhh, look at this! *show DH the photo of the Versatile Wave Purse* https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/detail/28476/susan-rooney-patterns/ruthann-stilwell/versatile-wave-purse-pattern You make the basic black bag, and then a reversible cover! So if you made two covers, both reversable, you would have four different bags!

DH: Great - one for when I wear my plaid flannel shirt, one with my dress shirt, one with my gray pin-striped suit...

bubba
January 18th, 2018, 01:16 AM
I have made that pattern. It is a great idea, but I found the purse to be too small for my taste. If I make it again, I'd probably enlarge it 50% bigger.

Matter of fact, I liked this pattern so much that I made up a tote bag pattern along the same idea.

149477 149478

Caroline T.
January 18th, 2018, 02:46 AM
Oh, I like that one. I may have to give bag making another try.

grammaterry
January 18th, 2018, 01:56 PM
My admiration continues to all of you bag ladies. Maybe someday I will get the nerve to try. I just hate ruining fabric.

SallyO'Sews
January 19th, 2018, 03:41 PM
My admiration continues to all of you bag ladies. Maybe someday I will get the nerve to try. I just hate ruining fabric.

Terry, you crack me up! I'll bet you find it much easier than you realize.