PDA

View Full Version : Website slow to respond?

happygram
February 5th, 2012, 12:12 AM
Is anyone else finding that the website links are very slow to respond?

When I click on, for example, Quilt Shop and then click on Precuts, it takes such a long time to get there, I think something has happened. At first I thought it might be my computer, but this is the only website that's like that.
Once the page downloads, I can scroll down just fine, but if I click on something to look at more closely, it then takes such a long time to get back to the page I clicked from.

Does this make sense??

CrazyMtnLady
February 5th, 2012, 01:01 AM
I have not had any problem with the website, and I have a very slow Dial up system. But it seems to be working quickly for me. Good luck.

Carol_Ann
February 5th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Happygram ....
I had the exact same problem last night around eleven p.m..
I think it may have to do with many people visiting the site at the same time.

happygram
February 5th, 2012, 03:48 AM
Actually, my problems with slowness responding to clicking doesn't really have much to do with the time I try to look around and "window shop" on the site.

I wouldn't have thought a lot of it as being more than just a minor type of annoyance, but I don't seem to have any difficulty "window shopping" on other websites. I thought I should check in and see if it's just me and/or if it's not, that the web-site genius could tweak whatever's causing this.

I'm using windows 7, Internet Explorer, and am lucky enough to have a really fast cable connection in case this information is helpful.

Bubby
February 5th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Yes, I'm finding the site very slow right now....

jingleme
February 5th, 2012, 02:39 PM
me too. I thot it was my browser (firefox) cuz I have so many tabs open at once...but it happens with explorer & google browsers too

Sewbee
February 5th, 2012, 02:56 PM
I am finding the screens slower to load on both my iMac and iPad which each use different browsers. We have a fast DSL connection and I am not having the same problem on other websites. The MSQC screens are not timing out on me but there is a definite lag in loading pages compared to how they normally load. I noticed it yesterday and today.

rebeccas-sewing
February 5th, 2012, 05:32 PM
I have many days where the site is very slow to respond. It happens most often in the late afternoon. I figure the U.S. is just getting started with their day and everyone is beginning to get on-line. At least I'm assuming that's the cause of the problem. There are times when I come on in the morning and the site is down because it's being worked on. A couple of days ago I couldn't get into the Forum at all. So no, it's not your imagination!

mimi9411
February 5th, 2012, 06:38 PM
I too am finding it slow.

Nena
February 8th, 2012, 11:35 AM
I have had issues with the site. I have missed out on some really great daily deals because of this. It can be frustrating.