PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday, oh Wednesday

Monique
January 17th, 2018, 09:30 AM

Good morning dear friends. It was a beautifully warmer day yesterday than what we have had. I made it to Victoria's Quilts in the morning. I had to run a few errands afterwards. One of them was to get new wiper blades for the van. On Saturday we went to city and the wipers were not cleaning off the windshield. We had to stop along the way and throw snow and then I wiped it off with my gloves. Not very safe. Do you think hubby would go and buy new ones? Went to Canadian Tire and used my Canadian Tire money so they didn't cost me anything and the young man at the counter even put them on for me. I can't figure those things out. So now we are safer driving. MEN???????? :icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes:

Yesterday I also received my package from Jocelyn Kaiser. Leftovers from projects, strips mainly, small 9 patches already made. I fondled and oh and awed over them. Did you smell the rubber burning as I was trying to plan what to do with them?

So today I will try and get all the t-shirt fabric backed with interfacing. Tomorrow Les wants to go renew his passport so if I need more interfacing I can get it then. Today he needs to get his mug shot done for that. It is a good thing I checked the renewal form or he wouldn't have gotten his picture taken before hand. He would have been quite upset. Again MEN?????

So today I will poke away in the sewing room.

Have a good day friends.

Star lover
January 17th, 2018, 09:48 AM
Oh Monique! We are serious about our scissors! If we aren't, who would be.....yup....men!

Sounds like you had a good day yesterday. Any time spent fabric fondling, is a great time indeed......I don't smell rubber I smell creativity!

Didn't spend anytime....well almost no time in my sewing room yesterday. I ironed a truck load of fat quarters. Gotta direction.....but still not sure. Will plug away some more today. Finished hand quilting the blocks on a quilt (143!) and have started on the border. Looking pretty good so far.

Hope today finds everyone feeling better. Love and hugs for all!

Bubby
January 17th, 2018, 09:58 AM
Good Morning....I got 3 hours sleep last night and my cough was sort of under control. Jeff has Jury Orientation this morning and this afternoon he will take me to my doctor appointment. Our roads are still really slick and he won't let me drive.

I hope everyone is staying warm and safe, We are supposed to have above average temps this weekend. We have 3 prospective tenants coming Saturday to look at apartments. I need to feel well enough to be there. Our Christmas tree and other decorations are still up. This sort of thing happens when I'm sick....lol!

Wishing everyone a great day.

JCY
January 17th, 2018, 10:05 AM
Good Morning ~ It's 12 deg. here -- which is better than the 2 deg. we had yest. a.m. We had a sunny day; it got up to 37 d. Tomorrow & Thurs. it's supposed to be in the 60's! Woo hoo!

Well, I succumbed yest. & ordered the DD as well as 2 charm packs of Tuscana. I was so surprised when I checked my e-m this a.m. Only 3 hrs. from when I placed the ordered, I was notified it had shipped! That's fast service!

Yest. afternoon I spent ~45 min. of FMQ on the Kaffe Fassett quilt, after which I did more piecing. I also called Handi Quilter trying to resolve my order of Jan. 2 that hasn't shipped. In reviewing the paper work, I noticed they charged my old credit card that no longer is valid. I really need those slotted M-class bobbins. The gal was going to track the order down with the shipping dept. & call me back. I haven't heard back, so I'll call again today.

This a.m. is Bible Study Fellowship, after which I'll get my usual Wendy's lunch, then run several errands. Have a good day.

Cathy F
January 17th, 2018, 10:06 AM
Morning all,
Thankfully we just got the rain and it didn't turn to the flurries they predicted. My daughter is scheduled to fly home today so this will be our last day of dog sitting. I must say he us a very sweet dispositioned dog. Our yard is not fenced so my husband has been having to walk him, would have been more pleasurable had the weather been warmer.

No sewing done this week, haven't been able to get up there to even peek in the door. Hopefully after today things will get back to normal. My cleaning people will be here Friday so it will give me 2 hours to go hide in the sewing room while they're here. Want to re-organize where my machines are set up. I need another space to set up my small embroidery machine. If I put both of them on my cutting table I won't have any room to cut fabric.

Hoping all who are under the weather are starting to feel better. It seems these illnesses are really hanging on longer than usual. Hugs to all.

KPH
January 17th, 2018, 10:44 AM
Morning All,

I pretty much sat yesterday. Played on the computer and did a whole bunch of nothing, but I feel much better today. I did get my hexies sorted into groups so those are ready to go.

I did get to enjoy the cardinals and a few purple headed finches yesterday.

J will be here for home school tomorrow, best get something planned for him to do.

Barb, I hope you feel better soon as well as all of those with the crud that's going around this winter. I for one can see a visit to an allergist coming as soon as I can get an appointment.

NanaMaggie
January 17th, 2018, 11:04 AM
Good Morning!

Things happen in sets of 3... glucose meter battery died, used the last strip on lint roller, stuck myself with a pin - blood on fabric. Does this mean i am safe for the rest of the day or give up and go back to bed?

All four of my kids found millions of things to do with sewing scissors... why they never found the paper scissors remains a mystery. Finally put combination locks on the handles - problem solved.

Hope everyone is feeling much better!!

Hugs

Navy Wife
January 17th, 2018, 11:16 AM
Our 2 inches of snow finally arrived yesterday. We have a little light snow this morning, but the mail news in the cold. It is 8 degrees, and wind chill of -4. I have cancelled my 2 appointments for today. An 80 year old just over pneumonia has no business going out in this weather! I don't mind not going to the dentist, but I really need that haircut!

I'll spend the day in the sewing room. Don't know which quilt I'll work on. I still have 4 UFO's, but I'm tired of finishing old stuff. I might start another one. Well, off to the shower and make the beds. DH usually cleans the kitchen.

MRoy
January 17th, 2018, 11:37 AM
Good morning. We have an "official" 6 inches of snow with flurries continuing this morning. Since we live on a country road, I'm pretty much stuck at home. I hadn't been getting out much anyway because of the flu going around, but it's worse knowing I can't get out right now. But it should be better by Friday with the predicted warm-up coming. Still not much sewing going on...I just can't seem to get in the spirit. Maybe the Kaffe Fassett daily deal I ordered today will help perk me up.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
January 17th, 2018, 12:03 PM
Good morning ladies,
Monique, make sure DH gets the 10 year passport. You won't have to worry about this for awhile.

I certainly feel for all the ladies experiencing bad weather, snow, rain, cold temperatures. As Monique said, it was a bit milder yesterday, but still -15 and add windchill and its still friggin cold. I finished quilting the border on my Summer in the Park. Just need to make 4-5 labels for quilts finished in past month. DH's embroidery machine was out to get serviced, and there was a recall on his serial # so he got a new one. Of course, he spent the day trying to download upgrades. It should be ready to go.

Today, I will piece and sandwich another quilt top that I made last year. It was the MSQC cutting corners pattern done with batiks. I bought some batik yardage on our 2016 trip to PEI which will be perfect. DH want to go to LQS as there is a sale, and I think he want to get different size hoops for his machine. I will tag along, but need strength not to buy more fabric this year. I ahave been to 6 LQS and they all had sales. Oh, the budget. Oh, what budget.
Happy hump day.

grammaterry
January 17th, 2018, 12:54 PM
snow, snow, snow and Cold! Its sort of sunny though. Two more days of cold and then it looks like (if you can believe the weather people) 5 days in the 50's. yeah.
I am beginning to have the doldrums and my body is yearning for some exercise. That one day out in to town should have cured my cabin fever, but it didn't. I want to finish a sewing project but am not willing to go into that cold room to do it.
Monique, you are blessed to get Joycelyns leftovers. Now there is one creative lady. Don't blame you one bit for stroking and petting her beautiful blocks.
Do you all think this stuff we describe as crud is really flu? Just undiagnosed.
Have a great day all.

Carolnnc
January 17th, 2018, 01:11 PM
Good morning. The cat & I are curled up near the window so we can watch the snow fall. There are way to many people driving way to fast down my street!

Still dealing with sinus pain so it's going to be a lazy day for me. Since I love just watching it snow I pretty okay with a lazy day.

DH called & said he's sold most of the fresh meat & not much luncheon meat left. Now he's dealing with the irritable people who wait until the last minute, don't pre-plan & are insulted that there's not a fully stocked grocery store waiting to fulfill their every wish. I just laugh & tell him when we met he was the same way. There was nothing to eat in his house, he just bought what he wanted for dinner when he left work each day. I grew up poor & prep for a disaster:-) so over the years he's gotten used to seeing a well stocked kitchen.

Stay warm & have a great day!