PDA

View Full Version : I am a HOARDER

Monique
January 16th, 2018, 07:45 PM
of emails. I just deleted 22,487 emails from my yahoo account.

KPH
January 16th, 2018, 07:49 PM
Holy cow! I delete a bunch of junk every day. I'm not sure where some of these strangers get my email, but I unsubscribe a bunch every week.

Vonnie
January 16th, 2018, 07:50 PM
Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_rofl:

grammaterry
January 16th, 2018, 07:52 PM
I delete everyday. DH never does and he can always find something that I would have trashed. I should find a happy medium

Vonnie
January 16th, 2018, 07:52 PM
Holy cow! I delete a bunch of junk every day. I'm not sure where some of these strangers get my email, but I unsubscribe a bunch every week.

My husband is a computer Guru, Masters Degree in CIS and over 40 years experience with computers. He told me to never unsubscribe to a place that I never heard of before because I would verify that my email was a valid address and it would increase my spam email.

Hulamoon
January 16th, 2018, 07:54 PM
Isn't it crazy how many you get! I just did that this morning and got it down to 117. I have paper less billing and I keep hanging on to some because I don't want to loose the info.

TMP
January 16th, 2018, 08:29 PM
I hate to get on a mailing list like Domino's good grief they send out a lot of stuff. Its a chore isnt it to keep them down to a manageable amount. For years my son has sent me links to his radio and tv apperances and I hoard those I am so afraid I will delete them. I try to clean mine out every couple of weeks.

cv quilter
January 16th, 2018, 08:50 PM
My biggest "hoarding" is my sent emails...I just don't think to empty it, but then sometimes I have to go back and find "something"lol I empty trash and spam 2/3 times a day.

JCY
January 16th, 2018, 11:26 PM
MSN Outlook does a pretty good job of filtering out the spam. When I had Yahoo, the spam was ridiculous. I have no idea how many e-m's I have. I try to keep up by moving them into folders. It can be overwhelming at times. Good for you, Monique, for getting organized.

LLLinda
January 17th, 2018, 12:04 AM
I get rid of stuff daily. Sometimes I have to go back and get something out of the trash but not as a rule. I hate having the computer jammed up.

tamsterg7
January 17th, 2018, 12:08 AM
OMG - I can't believe you weren't in email jail - or maybe that only happens at work! Our IT guys ream me on a regular basis because I save everything, and then ask for more space when they look me up. Wemhave to save files for 7 years, and since they want us to be 'green', that means saving the e-file or printing it out!

Jean Sewing Machine
January 17th, 2018, 02:00 AM
Got you beat! In another 2 days, i'll have 40,000, most unread.

jjkaiser
January 17th, 2018, 02:21 AM
Jean! Monique! How could you accumulate that many and never delete any? You ladies are crazy!!!! Sorry but I can't help laughing. I guess technically you are both winners of the (booby) prize for most e-m's saved! Although I'm not sure that's a good thing

Carol336
January 17th, 2018, 07:36 AM
My husband is a computer Guru, Masters Degree in CIS and over 40 years experience with computers. He told me to never unsubscribe to a place that I never heard of before because I would verify that my email was a valid address and it would increase my spam email.

I always heard that too. There is a program in google called unroll and I think it's legit....unrolls you from unwanted email.

snippet
January 17th, 2018, 08:05 AM
I am anal about having a clean inbox. When I was working, I got very good at clearing out my inbox every day. I had to, with over 200 emails each day I had to make sure each email was tracked and assigned to my employees. So I was very good at cleaning it out each day or I'd easily get overwhelmed and bogged down.

Gmail helps immensely with my personal accounts since I can filter emails before I see them and have them filed (or ready to be filed for those that I want to read first). I wrote a little script that deletes the emails that are in the Promotions category (those are all the newsletters and advertising from shops I like) after 3 days. So it stays in the category for 3 days and then gets deleted, where it stays for 30 and then is really deleted. Everything else is filtered and ready for it's place in my archive.

Every now and then, when I get tired of all the advertising, I will unsubscribe from the store emails. I'm doing that now, as I don't need to be tempted by more pretty fabric and lovely patterns that I need to add to my bucket list. I know I'll miss some cool things and probably some great deals, but enough is enough!

I do have a Yahoo account too, but I rarely go there. I don't know how many emails I have there.

Star lover
January 17th, 2018, 08:05 AM
I'm stunned! Didn't know any email account would hold that many emails! I'm weird. I can't stand....CAN'T STAND any more than 10 read emails in my in box. I forget the sent and am surprised when I remember and find a few dozen in there. Love to clean it all out. But I do have too many saved. Mostly pics of the grands that were emailed. I save them in my photos, but keep the ones in my emails.....kinda treating them like back up. Cuz ya never know.......yeah, lame....

Monique
January 17th, 2018, 09:09 AM
Jean! Monique! How could you accumulate that many and never delete any? You ladies are crazy!!!! Sorry but I can't help laughing. I guess technically you are both winners of the (booby) prize for most e-m's saved! Although I'm not sure that's a good thing

In my case, it is just laziness I think. I keep meaning to do it tomorrow lol

Monique
January 17th, 2018, 09:10 AM
I always heard that too. There is a program in google called unroll and I think it's legit....unrolls you from unwanted email.

I will have to check it out. Ok I went to check it out and this is what I found from CNET

"As it turns out, Unroll.me was also packaging up some user data and selling it for profit. Specifically, The New York Times reports that Unroll.me was selling emailed Lyft receipts to Uber."

amartin24
January 17th, 2018, 10:15 AM
Wow! I thought I had a lot of emails at 13,000! I just deleted most of them last week. It is mostly in the email account I use for online shopping. Many of those companies then send you an email every day. It adds up quickly. I unsubscribed to a bunch. I hadn't heard about unsubscribing to ones I didn't know. Wish I had known that last week! Now I'll just flag them as spam.

Hulamoon
January 17th, 2018, 05:45 PM
I unsubscribed to lot's of sites and didn't see any increase. Just before Christmas it was out of hand though.

mommadeb
January 17th, 2018, 06:58 PM
How is that possible????? Wow!