PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday hellos!!!

Monique
January 16th, 2018, 09:42 AM

Good morning friends. I had a great day even though it was called Blue Monday. I didn't know that, it was Bonnie who told me. Bonnie worked on the row we started last year, the one with the birds. I worked on a row from 2016. She left after lunch, I went into the sewing room and continued to cut clothes. I cut the t-shirts into workable blocks. So that is what I will be working on the next couple of weeks.

On Friday Bonnie and I are going to do some sandwiching. We both have quilts that need to be put together for quilting.

Today is Victoria's Quilts. We also got a little snow through the night and it is beautifully WARMer this morning as well. Gone is the deep freeze (I hope we have seen the last of that).

63 days until the first day of Spring.

Have a great day, my friends.

P/S Bubby I hope you are feeling better.

Star lover
January 16th, 2018, 09:54 AM
Mornin Monique and all who'll follow!

Never heard of Blue Monday.....usually most think of Monday as an ugh day.
So happy you're busy in your sewing room. Lots of fun.

63 days.....a whole 63 days....I'm with you! Spring can't get here fast enough!

We're having yoyo weather. Up one day, down for a few, up a bit, down......can't make up its mind. Today it's cold and snowing.....I've had enough of it too!

Finished the borders on 2 quilts over the weekend. M* took a bit before Christmas to get them to me and then with Christmas, I had no time. Decided to finish the quilt I was working on while waiting for the fabric. So now 3 done in less than a week! Now all my tops are done.....just waiting to be quilted, along with many more. Sigh....

I too hope that all are doing well. I'm praying for Barb, her DH and for Sugar and her DH. As well as many who are dealing with the crud and other health issues. Seems like a rough year .......

Love and hugs to all!

JCY
January 16th, 2018, 10:06 AM
Good Morning ~ It's mighty chilly here this a.m.! Only 3 deg. We got 1.5" of snow yest., then it cleared & the temp. plummeted. We might see 60 deg. later in the week.

I'm tempted by today's DD. I really like peach & teal colors together. If I wait long enough, it will be sold out. But....

My morning yest. was busy. Did 4 loads of laundry & cooked up DH's Anasazi beans. In the afternoon I did more FMQ & cutting of fabric & piecing. I have 2 projects going at the same time. (And so many UFOs -- finished quilt tops waiting to be sandwiched & quilted). I looked through my Kaffe Fassett fabrics to see if I have some that will work for the Abundance pattern (Jordan Fabrics). I have 2 LCs I could cut into 5" squares. But I'll wait to work on that one until these 2 projects are done.

Have a good day. Stay warm!

KPH
January 16th, 2018, 10:58 AM
Good Morning All,

Feeling so much better than yesterday. I hope I'm on the other end. Now to move beyond my saltine cracker and sprite diet of yesterday.

The cardinals are back at the bird feeder. Purple headed finches were there just a few minutes ago. One day, they'll finally eat up that brick feeder and we can put the new one out.

Not sure what's on the agenda today. Pretty much going to take it slow and easy. Kids are supposed to come to dinner tomorrow. DH wants meatloaf so we'll need to get the hamburger out today. DS#2 went to Newk's for dinner yesterday. He loved it, so there's another place he can get dinner out close to where he works.

Have a great day everyone. I hope everyone that is feeling poorly gets to feeling better real soon. Barb, I hope you both feel better soon.

Bubby
January 16th, 2018, 11:14 AM
Morning Everyone,

Just stopping in for a quick minute. Last night was one of my worst nights so far with this bug. The meds they gave me at the ER Saturday don't seem to be working. I coughed literally all night. Jeff went back to work today but he isn't well either.

Since I got zero sleep last night I'm heading to bed to try to sleep a little. Thank you for all of your well wishes and prayers.

Love & Hugs, Barb

Navy Wife
January 16th, 2018, 11:45 AM
I'm sorry you are not doing well, Barb. I just got over the coughing, and I think I'm well. I'm afraid to leave the house because everyone in town has the crud! DH has been coughing, but seems better today.

We're awaiting a snow storm due to arrive this afternoon. Just 1 to 3 inches, but that paralyzes this part of the country. Our city is pretty good with pretreating and salting. But we have a steep driveway, and we're too old to shovel or scrape. This one is supposed to be powdery snow, so maybe DH can blow it away. I'm set to be snowed in, I hope! But I have some appointments I'll have to cancel! Good sewing days!

Simply Quilting
January 16th, 2018, 12:32 PM
Monique, the deep freeze came this way. We are at -2 below with -16 wind chill and that is after the sun has been out and it has warmed up. We were suppose to go to the city today but I rescheduled that appointment. There was no sense in getting out in this weather if we didn't have to - the windchills could cause frostbite in as little as 30 minutes.

Barb, I hope you and everyone else who is sick get better quickly. It seems like the illnesses going around just want to hang around this year.

Yesterday we went to the college basketball games that had gotten rescheduled from last week due to the ice. There was a special that children got in free. Little one enjoyed the game and he actually slept through some of the men's game which was really loud but he was tired. On Sunday night, he slept for 8 hours solid but last night he was up every hour for a while.

Today's plan is to stay inside and stay warm. I am going to try work on cutting some fabric for a quilt.

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone :)

grammaterry
January 16th, 2018, 12:59 PM
My day didn't go exactly as planned yesterday...I got all dressed up (only 3 layers of clothing) to go into town to look for my trendy new look and lo and behold...my battery was dead as a door nail. I have been starting that truck every three days and all has been fine (DH said starting just drains the battery, I was suppose to let it run for 20 min.) and so he went out to put the charger on it. That wasn't working. It was DEAD for sure. Finally after an hour, it started. He pulled it out of the garage with the track hoe and manipulated it around to the other truck and jumped it that way. So, we drive to marshall...he follows me ...and I stopped at the county offices which were closed and he instructed me to turn it off and NO NO NO...it wouldn't start again. The guy at the auto part store came out after 30 min and jumped it again. We drove another 30 miles and stopped again and yup, you're right...no go. So we bought another battery and he smiles gently at me (not his style...after all, I've taken up 3 hours of his day by now and usually he would be telling me so) and tells me to go on and have fun. The truck will be fine now.
So, off I go. First stop is Tuesday Morning. If you look at my post from this morning you will see the wonderful charm packs and fat quarters I bought. That was a blast...3 charms and 5 fat quarters $20. Then, on to Sams CLub where I bought some nice convenience food to fill in our meals for a couple of weeks, got some gas and off to the outlet malls to find my trendy new look.
Well, the boots in my size were mostly sold out, but I tried on a couple of pairs...I felt kind of like they were hooker boots. No deal there. Then I started looking for long tunic type tops. I tried on about 6. They weren't doing much for me. I finally took off my wide legged wool pants so that I only had on a pair of black leggings on under them. THat helped a little. I found a white linen long sleeved shirt that came to about mid thigh. Not exactly what I had in mind, but not too bad. After 3 hours, I gave up and decided the real mall (not the outlets) might be the way to go. So I headed out, I'll need to drive across town another 15 miles to the Asheville Mall. I look at the clock..its 4:30 and if I go there it is going to be really dark with lots of traffic and I don't want to do that , so off I go...home. Maybe another day I will be trendy...maybe I will just be 70 and content...maybe spring will make a difference....who knows.
Have a great day.

KPH
January 16th, 2018, 01:33 PM
Terry, your post reminds me why I hate shopping for clothes. Being under 5' 3'' presents its own issues with pants and such.

My DIL had a Lu La Roe party on line. I bought one outfit. I'm not sure what I was thinking. I do like the feel of their leggings though. I just don't care for the wash and hang dry part.

I would love to have a shopping companion that isn't my DH that says everything looks great. I know he's just being nice, I'd just like a little more constructive information.

Maybe when it gets warmer, you'll have a great shopping trip. I always found nice tops at Bon Worth, and Hamricks, but they aren't close around anymore.

Carolnnc
January 16th, 2018, 02:13 PM
Hello to everyone. My head feels like it's packed with cement so I'm headed back to bed soon. I am so hoping this sinus thing clears up real soon.

I feel your pain Terry. Like Katrina I'm really short so finding something that fits & looks good is very hard. I'm a blue jeans & tee shirt person but I think it's because I've never found a dressier look that seems to suit me.

Hoping everyone gets over the crud real soon. I'm headed back to bed!

Navy Wife
January 16th, 2018, 05:14 PM
Well, they were right. It is snowing, a fine powdery snow. Lawns and roofs are covered, but not the streets. But it is 33 right now. I guess we'll be covered in the morning.

Nwmnteacher
January 16th, 2018, 05:41 PM
Barb, are you using a humidifier in your bedroom? When my kids got coughs, I always had a "vaporizer" going in their rooms.

grammaterry
January 16th, 2018, 08:10 PM
Yup! that's me...well under 5 ft 3. I think the look I'm going for is "tall". lol oh yes, and "thin"...dream on.
Terry, your post reminds me why I hate shopping for clothes. Being under 5' 3'' presents its own issues with pants and such.

My DIL had a Lu La Roe party on line. I bought one outfit. I'm not sure what I was thinking. I do like the feel of their leggings though. I just don't care for the wash and hang dry part.

I would love to have a shopping companion that isn't my DH that says everything looks great. I know he's just being nice, I'd just like a little more constructive information.

Maybe when it gets warmer, you'll have a great shopping trip. I always found nice tops at Bon Worth, and Hamricks, but they aren't close around anymore.