PDA

View Full Version : .....waiting patiently

bubba
January 12th, 2018, 11:16 PM
for 2019 to get here! Twelve days into the year, one officer shot and killed. Another nearly got run over in a traffic stop last night. A shootout with police not ten miles from our house....bad guy lost. And then this morning as I sat waiting for my daughter to have some procedures done, I learned that one of my good friends died.

So far, I'm not enjoying this year like I hoped to be.

azmotogirl
January 12th, 2018, 11:25 PM
Those are the hardest news stories for me to hear these days....... Both of my sons are on the police force..... one is a detective. I pray every day that they make it home safe to their families.

KPH
January 12th, 2018, 11:30 PM
Pat, this has been a hard year all over. I keep wondering what's wrong with people?

Here's to a clean slate, a new beginning, that the rough times are behind us and peaceful times are ahead.

pcbatiks
January 12th, 2018, 11:31 PM
That is so sad. I just don't know what to say.........

Sending you a big forum group hug.

KarenC
January 12th, 2018, 11:41 PM
Pat, so sorry for such a rough start this year. You have been through a lot. I think we need to declare January 13 as New Years Day for you so we can start over.

Cokie
January 12th, 2018, 11:56 PM
I told my husband that I wanted peace and hope for Christmas. Still waiting for them. Last year was hard and this year isn't starting out any better. Hugs to you, Pat. Sometimes life is just hard, and it helps to know we don't have to walk alone.

kaydee
January 13th, 2018, 12:24 AM
How did your daughter's tests go?

Anitamae56
January 13th, 2018, 12:26 AM
So sorry, sending many good thoughts and prayers.

bubba
January 13th, 2018, 12:28 AM
How did your daughter's tests go?

Biopsies were sent in and results take two weeks!!! She had an endoscopy and colonoscopy both. The doctor talked to us and said there was no evidence of diverticulitis or diverticulosis and I asked about Crohns and he said there was no indication of that. There was irritation inside her stomach where it looked like scratches and some sort of a lump that he biopsied....will be a long two weeks. We just want to know why she has been so sick since the middle of October and nobody can tell us.

Caroline T.
January 13th, 2018, 12:36 AM
for 2019 to get here! Twelve days into the year, one officer shot and killed. Another nearly got run over in a traffic stop last night. A shootout with police not ten miles from our house....bad guy lost. And then this morning as I sat waiting for my daughter to have some procedures done, I learned that one of my good friends died.

So far, I'm not enjoying this year like I hoped to be.

Today's incident you mentioned, is that the one just a few hours ago in Puyallup at Meridian & Valley? Or have we had yet another that I haven't heard about yet?

I'm starting to think it may be time to move to a little town in Idaho.

Debbie Watters
January 13th, 2018, 12:42 AM
Hoping that the remainder of the year goes better ... prayers ...

bubba
January 13th, 2018, 12:46 AM
Today's incident you mentioned, is that the one just a few hours ago in Puyallup at Meridian & Valley? Or have we had yet another that I haven't heard about yet?

Yes, that one plus early this morning, well the middle of the night, a deputy stopped a stolen car, got out to approach it and the driver popped in reverse and tried to run him over. He shot at them 2x but missed. Chased them again and they stopped after he hit them to force them to stop, but then they fought him. It was his first night back from admin leave after the killing, now he is off again. :(

kaydee
January 13th, 2018, 12:48 AM
What about Celiac's?

bubba
January 13th, 2018, 01:29 AM
What about Celiac's?

I did not think to ask about that and the doctor did not mention that. I'll have her check.

GaGa
January 13th, 2018, 02:20 AM
Pat, so sorry to hear all of this. Hope your daughter gets some answers. It took doctors 6 months to diagnose my Crohn’s. May things improve in your life VERY SOON!

JaniceR
January 13th, 2018, 02:46 AM
I too am very sorry for your very rough start this year and now the loss of your friend! So much sadness.

I also donít know what to say except how sorry I am and that I will continue to keep all in my prayers. I hope your daughter gets good news and is on the road to a quick and full recovery.

Star lover
January 13th, 2018, 08:05 AM
Pat so sorry for everything that's going on for you. Hoping and praying that this is the end and things will get better. I'll be praying for all of you, including your daughter. Love and hugs!

Monique
January 13th, 2018, 10:30 AM
I have nothing to offer but prayers and hugs.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
January 13th, 2018, 10:43 AM
Oh my. That is an awful start to the year. The more that I hear or see these incidents happening, I really want to hibernate and never come out.
We live in a pretty quiet capital. There are pockets or area of the city, away from where we live that have a lot of gang related shootings. It is sad when you realize that these are beautiful neighbourhoods, but incidents and victims are usually targeted - drug related. I worry about my son as he works as security in local hospital. Hired to protect the doctors and nurses from patients, or gang members who may want to finish their victim. Sad world.
I am really trying to be positive about 2018. It's not easy, I must admit.
I hope that your daughter will be ok and they find her health issue.
I think this is why we quilt. To surround ourselves with pretty fabrics and these make us happy. My wish would be to wrap the planet in a giant quilt of love. Peace.

sew-what2015
January 13th, 2018, 10:50 AM
So very sorry to hear all this sad news.
I sure hope they will soon find out what is making your daughter sick.
Prayers and hugs.

KPH
January 13th, 2018, 10:50 AM
I'm sure they've checked your daughter's gall bladder.

Dad's didn't show any signs of having stones, but when they went in, it was full of granules like sand. Dr. had never seen anything like it. I hope they find out what the problem is soon.

grammaterry
January 13th, 2018, 11:34 AM
bad things in 3s. you've had yours now, time to move on to a great year

EnumclawGramma
January 13th, 2018, 11:48 AM
Today's incident you mentioned, is that the one just a few

Moving won't help. I'm seeing this increase everywhere. Even in that little town we moved from.....

bubba
January 13th, 2018, 04:49 PM
I'm sure they've checked your daughter's gall bladder.

Dad's didn't show any signs of having stones, but when they went in, it was full of granules like sand. Dr. had never seen anything like it. I hope they find out what the problem is soon.

They have checked it....it was fine.

SallyO'Sews
January 13th, 2018, 05:30 PM
So sorry for your loss, dear one. Praying for you (still).