PDA

View Full Version : newest on mm.....

bubba
January 10th, 2018, 07:15 PM
This last month has been a rough one. Right around Christmas he got a kidney infection. We had done good, since the one prior was sometime this past summer! He finished the prescription of two weeks on a Friday night after dinner and during the night, he got up and was vomiting. I slept right thru it and he did not wake me up.

When I got up that morning, it was about ten minutes before he did. He immediately asked me to take his temperature and it was 102! I quickly washed my hair, got dressed and off we went to urgent care. They came very close to admitting him as not only was the infection much worse, but he was also severely dehydrated. They gave him two bags of IV fluids and one of antibiotics. They were pleased with his counts after the antibiotic bag, so they decided against admitting him and sent us home with a one week prescription of a strong antibiotic.

He took the last one on Sunday morning. When he got up last night (he works graveyards so is a day sleeper), he was cold....believe me, it was not cold! Took his temp and it was 98.7.....great! As we were eating dinner, he started shaking so bad with the chills that he could barely pick up his food with a fork! Took his temp after dinner, 100. Thirty minutes later, 100.3. Things were not looking well. He had already called out sick and was looking worse by the hour.

I told him we would take it again at 2200, and it was 101. I had already gotten my hair washed and dried while we waited for 2200 to get here. We bundled him up and he grabbed is COC quilt (thanks again ladies!) and off we went. Yes, another kidney infection. We talked at length to the doctor who saw him and she was quite knowledgeable in urostomys and kidney infections. She said that some people develop a colony of bacteria and that causes these recurring infections. They often put you on a low dose antibiotic you take daily. She also said that the methotrexate he takes may be causing the problem. We see the urologist next Tuesday and will be talking to him at great length. Hoping for an end to this!

You also may have noticed I've not been on here much lately. One of my deputies was murdered this past weekend. He was the first car to a report of a home invasion robbery and when he got there, he could hear screaming from inside the house. As he approached the house, two men ran out and he gave chase. There was a gunfight (turned out both suspects were armed) and he was shot, as was one of the suspects who died at the scene.
His partners began rendering aid until fire arrived on scene and they rushed him to the trauma hospital in Tacoma where he died a short time later during surgery.

This officers name is Daniel McCartney (you can google that or check the news, KOMO is the channel), and he was married and the father of three red headed young boys, aged nine, six and four. He came to our agency from another town and prior to that, he was in the Navy.

I have not been sleeping, my head hurts, my heart aches. You probably won't be seeing me for a bit while I work thru it, but you are all in my thoughts.

Bubby
January 10th, 2018, 07:25 PM
This is all such sad news, Pat. I will be praying for you, MM and the family of your friend. When it rains it seems to pour....Hugs.

Cokie
January 10th, 2018, 07:28 PM
Pat, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. So very sad and senseless. And on top of dealing with your husband's illness, I can imagine how difficult that must be. Do what you need to and take care of yourself. We are here for you when you need us. Sending prayers for all and a big hug for you!

Bouse
January 10th, 2018, 07:30 PM
Prayers for you, MM, your deputy and his family.

Dollyquilts
January 10th, 2018, 07:37 PM
Pat, I'm praying for you and MM and your friend and his family. Not a good start to the new year. Prayers that things improve, especially MM's health.

KPH
January 10th, 2018, 08:00 PM
Lifting prayers and will continue. You've been through so much, and have enough to process. Just feel our hugs and support from across the miles.

mommadeb
January 10th, 2018, 08:07 PM
Many hugs and prayers out to you all. I hope they get MM's kidneys under control too.

Sandy Navas
January 10th, 2018, 08:17 PM
Gotcha covered - in more ways than one, DF!

MaryUK
January 10th, 2018, 08:39 PM
I was so sorry to read your post. I hope MM's infections can be brought under control. I have a friend who, following treatment is on a low dose antibiotic to keep infections at bay.

I don't know what to say about that poor man and his family! A brave man doing his job to keep people safe. My prayers are for all those affected by this tragedy xx

bhaggerty
January 10th, 2018, 08:41 PM
So sad! Praying for you guys and your friend’s family. So sad for those kids.

grammaterry
January 10th, 2018, 08:43 PM
I know you have been thru ...and back this year. I hope that this next year levels out for you. I know it doesn't help to have all the other drama going on in your life but God will hold you tight. I'll pray

Sylvia H
January 10th, 2018, 08:53 PM
I am so sorry to hear all this. I hope MM is starting to feel better and that you can find a solution to the recurring infections. The death of your deputy is such a tragedy. You are handling a lot of sadness and stress right now. Do what you need to take care of yourself. I wish you comfort and peace at this time.

GuitarGramma
January 10th, 2018, 09:04 PM
Dear, dear Pat, I am so sorry to hear all this. Your poor hubby! And that poor deputy and his family! I am just awash in sadness at hearing all this.

Stay away from the forum if that helps you, or come here and pour your heart out if it helps. Either way, we understand!

Jean Sewing Machine
January 10th, 2018, 09:36 PM
Oh, Pat! I am so sorry to hear all your very bad news, so sorry about MM and the deputy's murder. All situations needing prayers for sure. Hang in there, dear friend!

bubba
January 10th, 2018, 09:55 PM
Stay away from the forum if that helps you, or come here and pour your heart out if it helps. Either way, we understand!

I quit all the frequent posts about him because I felt I was sounding like a whiner, which I am not, and did not want people thinking of me that way.

I did not mention her, but our youngest daughter is still quite ill. She saw a GI today and will be having an endoscopy and colonoscopy on Friday. She told Tiffany not to be surprised with a cancer diagnosis......

tamsterg7
January 10th, 2018, 09:58 PM
You both have had a very rough patch, and thoughts and prayers for a change of course. Sounds like the doc you saw knew her sruff and hopefully a low dose regimen will keep things at bay. So sorry to hear of your friend, and will keep his fsmily inrayers too.

Astatoo
January 10th, 2018, 10:14 PM
Pat, so sorry for all these problems, all I can offer is ((((hugs)))) and prayers.

Debbie Watters
January 10th, 2018, 10:18 PM
Prayers being sent for your family and your friend's family ... God will help you through this mess ... take care of yourself as you are truly need by many people ...

sew-what2015
January 10th, 2018, 10:40 PM
Lots of worries and grief. So sorry to hear all the bad news. Prayers for you and mm as you face the days ahead.

Monique
January 10th, 2018, 10:58 PM
Prayers for you and MM and the famiiy of the slain officer.

Vonnie
January 10th, 2018, 11:12 PM
Don't forget to take care of yourself. So sorry about MM, your girl and your friend.

Carolnnc
January 10th, 2018, 11:23 PM
Sending hugs and love and prayers to all. Prayers for healing for your dear hubby and prayers for comfort for the family.

MRoy
January 10th, 2018, 11:27 PM
Pat, my thoughts and prayers are with you and MM.

Ginny B
January 10th, 2018, 11:28 PM
Pat, so sorry to hear about MM and another infection. I had seen the story of that deputy being shot in Washington. It hurt my heart. I will be keeping his family and friends and fellow officers in my prayers as well as you and MM.

jjkaiser
January 10th, 2018, 11:32 PM
Ugh you poor guys! Hope this is resolved ASAP!

K. McEuen
January 10th, 2018, 11:34 PM
Poor guy, it is about time he got a break from all this garbage.

pcbatiks
January 11th, 2018, 12:14 AM
Will be thinking of you & MM. So sorry he is having these reoccurring problems.

Take care of yourself too. You've had a lot of stress with this and the loss of your deputy friend....very sad news.

Prayers and hugs.......

Mom23
January 11th, 2018, 12:20 AM
I was following the shooting of the police officer in the news. When did it become open season on police? It seems like every day there is something on the news about an officer being shot. They are truly our heroes putting their lives on the line every day.

Surely your husband will be getting some relief soon. 2018 has to be a better year for him, and your daughter. While you're taking care of them be sure and take care of yourself.

SallyO'Sews
January 11th, 2018, 12:35 AM
Oh, Pat, I'm so sorry! Praying for you, MM, and your deputy's family and community. Be good to yourself, dear one.
Love, hugs, and blessings,
~ Sally \0/

JaniceR
January 11th, 2018, 01:02 AM
I quit all the frequent posts about him because I felt I was sounding like a whiner, which I am not, and did not want people thinking of me that way.

I did not mention her, but our youngest daughter is still quite ill. She saw a GI today and will be having an endoscopy and colonoscopy on Friday. She told Tiffany not to be surprised with a cancer diagnosis......

Never ever have you sounded like a whiner. I am so very sorry about MMís recurring infections, the tragic loss of your friend, and the news about your daughterís medical issues. I know your heart is broken about your friend and sick with worry about MM and your daughter! You and your family have been in my prayers. I will continue to pray for you and your family and now for your friendís family as well. I am so sorry for all your troubles. Please take care of yourself. May God bless you all.

Caroline T.
January 11th, 2018, 01:03 AM
It's been a rough start for the new year for you &MM, as well as our community.

I hope you have received some comfort in the communities outpouring of love and sympathy for the loss of Deputy Daniel. I know that I never met him, but it has helped me to know so many truly care about our law enforcement officers and their families.

You and MM continue to be in my thought and prayers. I know in my heart that our prayers will be answered.

MissMay
January 11th, 2018, 05:16 AM
Gotcha covered - in more ways than one, DF!

Same from me with prayers for some rays of sunshine headed your way.

Star lover
January 11th, 2018, 08:04 AM
Oh Pat, so sad for all you and your family are going through. Y'all (including the officers family) are in my prayers. Big hugs across the miles and Internet.

Iris Girl
January 11th, 2018, 09:15 AM
Pat so sorry to bear of all this. Se ding you healing thoughts for your head, Heart, and husband. hugs

Nwmnteacher
January 11th, 2018, 09:49 AM
Prayers for you and the officer's family.

Navy Wife
January 11th, 2018, 11:51 AM
I pray for God's healing hands on MM, and peace for the young officer's family. And I pray for you, for peace in your heart, and for strength to handle what lies before you.

EnumclawGramma
January 11th, 2018, 01:23 PM
Aw Pat. It sounds like this doctor may finally be on the right path for MM. Praying for some positive direction there. And for your daughter as well. Oh what a rough start to the year.

Our entire area has been really affected by the loss of the officer. I am so saddened by the three little ones left behind. Devastating.

auntiemern
January 12th, 2018, 09:08 PM
So sorry to hear about all of this. My sentiments echo Robins. It is so sad that our LEO's have become targets, when all they want to do is help people. Glad that MM is being taken care of. Don't put the cart before the horse with you daughters diagnosis. Prayers winging your way.