PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday hellos

Cathy F
January 10th, 2018, 08:36 AM
Morning all,
Up very early this morning guess I had enough sleep last night so I'll get our morning thread started. Still dark out so can't tell what the weather looks like. We are supposed to be in a warming trend and I will gladly take it if that's the case.

No sewing yesterday, I organized all the Christmas quilted runners and related handmade items I took down and put them all in the same drawer so they are all together for next year. Hope to do a little more in my sewing room today. So hard to keep the clean up on track when all you want to do is play with new projects.

Thinking of all those who are under the weather and hope they are feeling better soon. Stay warm and hopefully those warmer temps will continue!

Star lover
January 10th, 2018, 08:42 AM
Morning Cathy and all who'll follow....

Not as good as Monique, but here's an attempt....

We're also headed for a warming trend......followed by freezing temps, snow, ice......sigh

Finished a top, minus the border yesterday. Hoping to get the border on today....we'll see.

Went to bed late, didn't sleep good, may have to take an early "nap!"

Have a great day everyone! Hugs!

JCY
January 10th, 2018, 10:06 AM
Good Morning ~ Love that quilter's brain. Isn't that how we think?

We had a heat wave yest.! So nice. It got up to 69*! It's been so dry, I decided to drag out the hoses & do some watering. I got the majority of the lawn watered & hand watered some of the flower beds. I was running outside every 30 min. to move the sprinkler from 11:30 to 3 p.m. We have several trees & a lot of perennials that need watering during the dry spells. Today is supposed to be 40's-50's with a chance of rain. Maybe some snow flurries tonight.

I did no sewing yest. This a.m. is Bible Study Fellowship; it's my day to play the piano. Our discussion group is having a lunch afterwards, after which I need to stop at the groc. store. I need to make chicken soup again tomorrow. DH is eating more & is going through a qt. every 2 days. He's tipping the scales now at 100 instead of 98, which is good.

I hope everyone has a good Wed.

Nwmnteacher
January 10th, 2018, 10:17 AM
Good morning,

Looks like we're under a storm warning from noon today until noon tomorrow. Only 2-4 inches of snow, but as always, the winds will cause problems. It's flat and wide open here, and when it blows 30-45 mph, we get white out conditions.

I'm down to the last row on the Pins and Paws quilt, but still waiting on the Ebay order for the Harry Potter fabric. The roommate loves HP, so I wanted to get a HP kitty included in her quilt. Compared to the Etsy ordered I placed, the Ebay order is slow.

I'm hoping all who are dealing with the winter "crud" are feeling better soon. Seems to be a rough flu/colds season this year. A stomach bug went through a lot of us at JoAnns...it had me down for 3 days. Take your vitamin C everyone :-)

Jeanne

Bubby
January 10th, 2018, 10:41 AM
Morning Everyone,

Today is the worst day of the crud for me yet. I see the doctor today for another shot and x-ray. I got very little rest last night and neither did Jeff. He called off work again today. Friday he has to start jury duty.

It's raining here but I doubt it will freeze. We should have a brief warm up followed by snow and ice starting Friday.

Wishing everyone a good day.

Navy Wife
January 10th, 2018, 10:59 AM
We are supposed to have 2 warm days, in the 60's, and then rain, ice, and snow. Right now we have thick fog. I don't need to go anywhere, so I'm going to clean the house a little and catch up on laundry. My cleaning lady didn't make it Monday, and this place is a mess.

The crud is still hanging on, but at least I'm not coughing. I'm beginning to think this is permanent! I need to go to choir practice tonight, but I'm still singing bullfrog. I may not bother!

Hope you all have a great day.

KPH
January 10th, 2018, 11:03 AM
Good Morning All,

We had a surprise this morning around 4. It sounded like something fell in the kitchen. DH got up, went into the kitchen and saw nothing. He went out to the garage, everything was fine. Turns out one of the pictures on the wall fell off and hit the cabinet. The whole back just peeled off. The frame looks fine. The back is fine, it looks like they only glued it in two small places. The glass on the other hand was all over the place. DH has cleaned it up, but we'll go back over with a mop to make sure it's all up.

It's rainy this morning. DH wanted to take all the Christmas stuff back to the storage building, but he's going to wait for a sunny day.

I finished my first Secret Santa project for the year yesterday. I put it in a scrapbook box, now not to lose the box before next month! I got another set of hexies made yesterday. The shoebox with the hexies is just about over flowing, while the box with the cut pieces is just about empty. It will be time to make 'flowers' soon.

I hope everyone has a great day. Barb, I do hope those meds kick in soon. Get lots of rest. Prayers for those in need.

Monique
January 10th, 2018, 11:04 AM
Good morning from Buckingham Palace. (A nickname for this place). I haven't seen any sunshine outside but there is lots of sunshine inside. I have now put together 3 tops. Not too shabby. I have been plugging away. The food is great and the company even greater. I know you will all find this hard to believe, I passed up the chance to go to the quilt shop!! I really did.

Showered and fed, now ready to start my day. Oh I slept in until 7:50. Wow!!

Have a good day my friends. I hope Barb and Jeff feel better soon.

grammaterry
January 10th, 2018, 11:15 AM
Got a call last night that Ds was in an accident yesterday. Driver came into his lane and hit him in the side and then fled the scene. They think he may have a broken hip but the orthopedic surgeon wont see him until today. His son was with him but unhurt. DH said I could go see him today but I don't know what I could possibly do for him in the hospital. He has plenty of help with the children there so I will just wait and listen.
Finished piecing the double wedding ring. Separate post here with pictures. I'm pretty happy. Today is warm enough to go to my sewing room. I will work on the applique for the final kitchen window cover for the sliding glass door. Then maybe I can start the quilting in a few weeks on the new quilt. (unless, of course, I get a new idea that I just have to start...I guess that's how UFOs multiply)
Anyway, sorry to hear bout all the crud but hark...spring is coming

cv quilter
January 10th, 2018, 02:15 PM
Terry, hope your son is OK. So sorry this happened.

Simply Quilting
January 10th, 2018, 02:34 PM
Yipppeee!!! The 2018 Fall Forum registration is now open! I meet with Cindy, MSQC Retreat Coordinator Extraordinaire yesterday and she worked yesterday afternoon to get everything on Eventbrite. Lots of cool activities planned. If you are interested in the retreat, please go to https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?t=75070

Now to enjoy the beautiful weather today before it becomes freezing again tomorrow and on into the future.

LauraP
January 10th, 2018, 07:50 PM
IT RAINED AND NOW WE HAVE PUDDLES! First time it has rained since we have been in AZ but sure made it easer to breath. At the gift shop I saw a cute T-shirt that said "I traded blizzards for lizards". Had to laugh

Cokie
January 10th, 2018, 07:50 PM
Busy day. I had to be at work early and then took a half-day vacation to take DH to some doctor appointments. I started feeling like I was getting a cold yesterday, and now today I have a cough and feel crappy. Went from the doctor to the hospital for some blood work for DH, stopped and got a quick bite to eat on the way home, and I went upstairs and laid down for a while. Can't sleep so I finally got up. I'm hoping to work on my January UFO project a bit tonight and hit the bed early - I'm hoping a good night sleep will help with this crud. I don't have time to be sick! Prayers for all of you feeling under the weather too - this is no fun~

grammaterry
January 10th, 2018, 08:29 PM
Start with a quart of bottled grape juice or red wine. Then, some aspirin and a good night sleep. Benedryl works better than cold and flu capsuls. And Eat. Lots of soup.
Busy day. I had to be at work early and then took a half-day vacation to take DH to some doctor appointments. I started feeling like I was getting a cold yesterday, and now today I have a cough and feel crappy. Went from the doctor to the hospital for some blood work for DH, stopped and got a quick bite to eat on the way home, and I went upstairs and laid down for a while. Can't sleep so I finally got up. I'm hoping to work on my January UFO project a bit tonight and hit the bed early - I'm hoping a good night sleep will help with this crud. I don't have time to be sick! Prayers for all of you feeling under the weather too - this is no fun~

MaryUK
January 10th, 2018, 09:09 PM
I was hoping to get into my sewing room today but had forgotten I had promised DS to go shopping with her on her day off.

We had a lovely time (as usual she's excellent company) arcs retail outlet about an hour away. I wanted 3 things but only got one of them, however how did I manage to come home with 2 bulging bags!! Got some lovely Yankee candle burners and a couple of family gifts for Christmas. When I got home there was a parcel of fabric goodies waiting for me but as we're having a new kitchen fitted in February I have to stop spending on anything not related to the kitchen. It has turned out to be much more expensive than I first thought (nearly double) but I know when finished the kitchen will be great and will last for many years.

Prayers for all those who are under the weather or in need of hugs xx

Ginny B
January 10th, 2018, 11:46 PM
Good evening everyone. Terry, sorry to hear about your son. I hope he is ok. I have had a nice couple of days. DS #4 arrived yesterday morning and I picked my sis up on my way to the airport to get him so we had him all to ourselves yesterday. I did have to go to work today but came home and had lunch with them. Now Tim is up in Peekskill with Ds #'s 1 & 2 for some "brother" time. My sis left after lunch too and now I won't see her until early March since she and her hubby are leaving for Costa Rico on Monday. Snowbirds! My sons will be coming back here tomorrow evening sometime. I think I will have the three of them here for the majority of the weekend although they each have some things they are doing at different times over the weekend but I will treasure any time I have with them.

I hope Monique is having a great time at her retreat. I am not sure how much sewing time I will get over the next few days with having the boys here but I think I might have some creative time on Saturday.

Have a good night all. Praying for all those dealing with not feeling well.